UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll

Reaction Score
Nah never, I have my masters degree and quite an established career...just came on here to get you all riled up before our seasons start...admit it, I make it less boring and gives you an opportunity to bang your chests, that are covered with UConn shirts/sweatshirts, with pride defending your team!! LOL

Anyone else assume that people are either lying or stupid when they cite degrees or their salary in an argument on a basketball message board? Or well, ever?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
With that said, Friars board is really strong, very educated with a ton of bball knowledge and experience...
[chuckle]

Reaction Score
Just for the record, It goes both ways and I never called anyone a name until they did it first and/or put my name down, so I believe in an eye for an eye and I will respect others until they disrespect me, which happens to be the case thus far. Also, this board is for bball interaction is it not? Even if a poster has a different point of view, an opposing team...one would think that would make it fun and having bantor between fans of different teams only adds to the excitement of the upcoming season...I don't mind trash talk but if you send it, you should be able to receive it without getting upset about it... If I offended anyone then I'm sorry...Go PC!
Sometimes an eye for an eye isn't the best way to handle things. Remember this, sometimes wading into murky water is safer than diving in head first. As for being offended ...not me.

Reaction Score
The battle for 3rd place is getting intense. I love it!
PC will definitely take down Villa this year...be careful not to be so uppity (sp?) things can change quickly...an injury here, a positive covid there, next thing you know your team is reeling...

Reaction Score
Anyone else assume that people are either lying or stupid when they cite degrees or their salary in an argument on a basketball message board? Or well, ever?
Just stating that I'm not young, stupid or a high school dropout as some have claimed because I am a fan of an opposing team, but you can assume what you want...As far as playing against each other at least twice this season, PC is going to run UConn off the court IMO...

Reaction Score

I find it to be tawdry at best

Reaction Score
PC will definitely take down Villa this year...be careful not to be so uppity (sp?) things can change quickly...an injury here, a positive covid there, next thing you know your team is reeling...
I don't take PC lightly. You guys are a solid middle of the conference member. The middle should beat the top every once in a while in a top conference like the Big East.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best of luck to PC. They have a very talented team this year and a great coach.

UConn is trending upward since the hiring of DH; PC has done the same since UConn’s visit to the AAC.

It’ll be interesting to see how UConn’s tradition and reemergence impacts recruiting for other teams who have been trending upward in the area.

There have been a lot of talented student athletes committing to UConn to play basketball as of late, and as a UConn fan, I have faith in our program moving forward and reestablishing itself as the desired landing spot for premier talent, with a stronghold on the NE.

DH is building a program for long term success with an influx of talent, but more importantly, players who want to compete.

To paraphrase an emoji of Chief unmentionables, the dam has broken.

Reaction Score
Great perspective - I loved the hire of Kevin Freeman for many reasons (while also feeling conflicted with the loss of Kenya Hunter - best of luck to him), but primarily to enrich the younger generation with the “old UConn” brand in the DMV area - our staff wants to build that swagger, but to your point, the idea of that brand can expand outside the region.

Big East is going to be tough, no doubt. UConn is talented, but unproven, no doubt.

Our program is itching to compete, and as the “new kid on the block”, are looking forward to seeing how we match up.

Best of luck to PC this year - you all have a lot of talent and experience with Big East physicality.

Looking forward to DH and the bunchs’ continued progression and trend. Go, Huskies!

Reaction Score
I don't take PC lightly. You guys are a solid middle of the conference member. The middle should beat the top every once in a while in a top conference like the Big East.
We are much more than middle this year IMO...By the way my daughter played CYO ball in Portsmouth RI When Cole Swider did, trained with him @ Hoop Dreams along with a bunch of other players that were college bound while they were in HS...know the family fairly well...Coles a great KId!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We are much more than middle this year IMO...By the way my daughter played CYO ball in Portsmouth RI When Cole Swider did, trained with him @ Hoop Dreams along with a bunch of other players that were college bound while they were in HS...know the family fairly well...Coles a great KId!
The Cole Swider?!

Reaction Score
Great perspective - I loved the hire of Kevin Freeman for many reasons (while also feeling conflicted with the loss of Kenya Hunter - best of luck to him), but primarily to enrich the younger generation with the “old UConn” brand in the DMV area - our staff wants to build that swagger, but to your point, the idea of that brand can expand outside the region.

Big East is going to be tough, no doubt. UConn is talented, but unproven, no doubt.

Our program is itching to compete, and as the “new kid on the block”, are looking forward to seeing how we match up.

Best of luck to PC this year - you all have a lot of talent and experience with Big East physicality.

Looking forward to DH and the bunchs’ continued progression and trend. Go, Huskies!
Well said, I've been complimenting you'll on the recruiting job Hurley and staff have done lately, going to be tough to match going forward but I agree with FriarJ, PC won't be impacted as much as SJU & SHU will be. Uconn's brand has obviously been bolstered being back in the BE, and it hasn't been lost on the fact that it is good for the BE too, as a whole...PC has worked hard expanding the regions we now recruit in and have been in a lot of top players final decisions, it's only a matter of time being established in those regions that getting the recruits will break our way...like it did with Castro from NJ yesterday...

Reaction Score
Jay has a good thing going, largely bringing in recruits that are high talent, motivated to buy in and “play Villanova basketball”, and are good young men.

Nova has 4 players on the position “watch lists” for the awards for best player at their position. I think that is a first for Nova.

Reaction Score
Well said, I've been complimenting you'll on the recruiting job Hurley and staff have done lately, going to be tough to match going forward but I agree with FriarJ, PC won't be impacted as much as SJU & SHU will be. Uconn's brand has obviously been bolstered being back in the BE, and it hasn't been lost on the fact that it is good for the BE too, as a whole...PC has worked hard expanding the regions we now recruit in and have been in a lot of players final decisions, it's only a matter of time being established in those regions that getting the recruits will break our way...like it did with Castro from NJ yesterday...
I hope a Prov-Conn rivalry will be even bigger than the last time UConn was a member.

it has that potential. UConn grew in stature to be a level or three above Prov. Today the programs are on a similar level. It’s good for the rivalry.

I don’t think UConn hurts others recruiting at all. I think it helps. I rivalry brings passion and coverage and excitement. The Big East lands more top recruits as a result. The loser is other conferences.

Reaction Score
Jay has a good thing going, largely bringing in recruits that are high talent, motivated to buy in and “play Villanova basketball”, and are good young men.

Nova has 4 players on the position “watch lists” for the awards for best player at their position. I think that is a first for Nova.
Sounds good on paper...PC doesn't have the market or championships Villa and UConn has obviously, we are a small school in a smaller market, however, we have a squad to fear over the next couple of years...pre-season accolades are great and all, but the real deal is between the players and coaches on the court...I'm confident PC holds their own, then some...

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what your saying?
He’s saying that although Cole would be starting at UConn he doesn’t respect his talents because he left the area to play for a better program.

Reaction Score
I hope a Prov-Conn rivalry will be even bigger than the last time UConn was a member.

it has that potential. UConn grew in stature to be a level or three above Prov. Today the programs are on a similar level. It’s good for the rivalry.

I don’t think UConn hurts others recruiting at all. I think it helps. I rivalry brings passion and coverage and excitement. The Big East lands more top recruits as a result. The loser is other conferences.
Yep, the programs are on a similar level.

Take your trolling somewhere else, it's a tired act.

Reaction Score
Prov also has a good coach that seems to fit for the long term, as opposed to a climber on a stepping stone. Prov is built to last as a contender.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom