UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Follow directions if you're capable, over the past 5 years, still waiting...
Wait, do you think UConn is Blue Blood, because you said other than UConn...do you really believe that? That, that, that right there says it all....Yoooo you were middle of the pack in the AAC for 5 years...no one can be considered Blue Blood with that on their resume...can't escape that reality!! Villa is now considered Blue Blood...
That was then, this is now...we are talking about this upcoming season...

So do the past 7 years matter or not? Are we talking about the past or the present?

Facts about the past: Providence hasn’t made a sweet 16 this millennium. I saw UConn win 4 national championships before I graduated college.
(Guessing you haven’t seen Providence in a sweet 16 in your lifetime based on your comments)

Facts about the present: UConn has a much more “talented” roster based on sites like 247, Rivals, ESPN. Providence is ranked one slot ahead of UConn in the pre-season coach’s poll. Most pre-season commentary suggests Villanova and Creighton are in different tier than the rest of the conference. Beyond them, the Pres season “power rankings” I’ve seen vary widely. I have seen UConn ahead of Providence numerous times.

Save your talk for after the games are played

Reaction Score
That was then, this is now...we are talking about this upcoming season...
Then why do you keep asking about the past 5 (not 6) years?

PC should be pretty good this year.

UConn is clearly trending in the right direction and will be competitive.

PC seems to have peaked at first round NCAA losses and 1 BET championship every 20 years, so there's that, which is nice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Omg you are a new level of dumb...UConn won the 2013-2014 season...
2014-2015
2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019
2019-2020
2020-2021 current season, count the seasons ya dope, smh!
Has the current season happened, yet? So you are counting the future. SMH, Let me guess PC degree? Lol.

Reaction Score
Has the current season happened, yet? So you are counting the future. SMH, Let me guess PC degree? Lol.
To be fair, PC fans are quite experienced at looking into the future and predicting they won't win any trophies. Not entirely his fault that he projected that attitude onto UConn.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking more like HS dropout.

Reaction Score
To be fair, PC fans are quite experienced at looking into the future and predicting they won't win any trophies. Not entirely his fault that he projected that attitude onto UConn.
Hey Wingnut, message me and you can put your $ where your big mouth is, it'll be like taking candy from a dumb baby!

Reaction Score
You are just not smart enough to have a conversation with me going forward...be gone little boy...

CL82

Reaction Score
You are just not smart enough to have a conversation with me going forward...be gone little boy...
Haha, back again and name calling? That's just adorable. That's why it is tough to have a rivalry with the the teams that were the hangers on in the Old Big East. It's just an overall lack of quality, both in the teams and the, to be frank, the fans. I'd hoped for more.

(FWIW, FriarJ is a good guy. Die hard fan, happy to talk smack, but just at a much higher level. You should read his posts and up your game.)

Reaction Score
So do the past 7 years matter or not? Are we talking about the past or the present?

Facts about the past: Providence hasn’t made a sweet 16 this millennium. I saw UConn win 4 national championships before I graduated college.
(Guessing you haven’t seen Providence in a sweet 16 in your lifetime based on your comments)

Facts about the present: UConn has a much more “talented” roster based on sites like 247, Rivals, ESPN. Providence is ranked one slot ahead of UConn in the pre-season coach’s poll. Most pre-season commentary suggests Villanova and Creighton are in different tier than the rest of the conference. Beyond them, the Pres season “power rankings” I’ve seen vary widely. I have seen UConn ahead of Providence numerous times.

Save your talk for after the games are played
a much more talented roster, GTFOOH! They did not say that and if they did they are wrong and haven't done their homework, plus ESPN will always suck UConn's balls being from down the street and all so they are automatically discounted! I cannot wait to smoke you all, let's see what you have to say after their first matchup in Prov in December...BTW you are lucky we don't have attendance because the place would be so hot and loud your young inexperienced "talented" players would fold under the pressure!!

CL82

Reaction Score
Looks like I struck a nerve with that comment.
He may be a high schooler. He sounds pretty young.

Reaction Score
Haha, back again and name calling? That's just adorable. That's why it is tough to have a rivalry with the the teams that were the hangers on in the Old Big East. It's just an overall lack of quality, both in the teams and the, to be frank, the fans. I'd hoped for more.

(FWIW, FriarJ is a good guy. Die hard fan, happy to talk smack, but just at a much higher level. You should read his posts and up your game.)

So it's ok for UConn fans to insult me, but I'm not allowed to defend myself, got it...If you want to talk for real and about facts, get to know who PC is now, not 7,10-20 years ago... that was my original problem with you, living off the past like the changes over the last 7 years don't mean a thing and you all didn't struggle in the AAC over the past 5 years while we were rising and have brought our program to a higher level and keep projecting upwards...Our roster is strong 10 deep and we don't get the press, hype, etc as you all because we are a smaller school and because of location where you are in a bigger market...with that said, PC has a roster this season that is built to go deep in the tourney and if we get Croswell waivered, look out, he is a vicious 6'8" rebounder and defender with muscle and high energy! Check out our roster, you'll be surprised in how good we should be...I've checked out UConn recently and Hurley has done great on the recruiting trail, getting some big boys to commit, you will be strong going forward in 2, 3 years for sure, I'm just saying not this year, not quite yet as you get acclimated to a higher level conference that has teams from 1-11 in the standings with big boys throughout their rosters and make every game a fist fight...

Reaction Score
He may be a high schooler. He sounds pretty young.
Hopefully he figures it out and can be more like some of the fans of other teams. Obnoxious, yet civil.

Reaction Score
Looks like I struck a nerve with that comment.
Nah never, I have my masters degree and quite an established career...just came on here to get you all riled up before our seasons start...admit it, I make it less boring and gives you an opportunity to bang your chests, that are covered with UConn shirts/sweatshirts, with pride defending your team!! LOL

CL82

Reaction Score
Hopefully he figures it out and can be more like some of the fans of other teams. Obnoxious, yet civil.
Absolutely. He's pretty childish. We'll see if he can up his game.

Reaction Score
Nah never, I have my masters degree and quite an established career...just came on here to get you all riled up before our seasons start...admit it, I make it less boring and gives you an opportunity to bang your chests, that are covered with UConn shirts/sweatshirts, with pride defending your team!! LOL
It's fine that you have a deep allegiance for your team. But, out of respect for the members on the BY, try to refrain from referring to them by something other than their chosen screen name. It is derogatory and it would be a good start towards what you are trying to accomplish. Respect is earned.

Reaction Score

Thanks for your interest in UConn basketball. Feel free to visit, but please know you're visiting UConns territory and not Friars and the weak board of people they have. And know we are educated so we know you're not PC of the past 7,8,10,20 years. I mean we can count, the numbers of wins and tournament visits are startling since we left the Big East. :oops:

Enjoy, have a good season!

Reaction Score
It's fine that you have a deep allegiance for your team. But, out of respect for the members on the BY, try to refrain from referring to them by something other than their chosen screen name. It is derogatory and it would be a good start towards what you are trying to accomplish. Respect is earned.
Just for the record, It goes both ways and I never called anyone a name until they did it first and/or put my name down, so I believe in an eye for an eye and I will respect others until they disrespect me, which happens to be the case thus far. Also, this board is for bball interaction is it not? Even if a poster has a different point of view, an opposing team...one would think that would make it fun and having bantor between fans of different teams only adds to the excitement of the upcoming season...I don't mind trash talk but if you send it, you should be able to receive it without getting upset about it... If I offended anyone then I'm sorry...Go PC!

Reaction Score
Thanks for your interest in UConn basketball. Feel free to visit, but please know you're visiting UConns territory and not Friars and the weak board of people they have. And know we are educated so we know you're not PC of the past 7,8,10,20 years. I mean we can count, the numbers of wins and tournament visits are startling since we left the Big East. :oops:

Enjoy, have a good season!
See I try to be civil and get this...nice!

Reaction Score
See I try to be civil and get this...nice!

I was nice. I believe you said let’s enjoy some back and forth banter. If you can’t take a reply such as this you won’t last here.

Well??

Reaction Score
I was nice. I believe you said let’s enjoy some back and forth banter. If you can’t take a reply such as this you won’t last here.

Well??
Ok, I can easily go back at you but my reply will be criticized as too harsh and others keep getting butthurt...

With that said, Friars board is really strong, very educated with a ton of bball knowledge and experience...I'll have you know I've been a PC fan for 40 years since I was 10! I've played and seen a lot of basketball in my time and I am very confident we have a superior team as well as coach this season...like I mentioned earlier, Hurley has done a great job recruiting some big boys for the future and PC has some work to do...We will know in 2 days if we landed 6'10" Castro, crystal ball is trending towards us...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom