UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 29 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here's hoping that Joly comes back, gets a bunch of playing time to show folks at the next level that he's worth a bunch of money, and cashes in on his talent that way...

Reaction Score
Here are the PFF grades from this year for the OL:

Haynes: 84.8
Ofer-Nyadu: 74.6
Lundt: 74.6
Senn: 70.0
Fortin: 67.1 (not a large # of snaps)
Walker 65.5

In general, over time, PFF grades increase over time for OL, so I would have expected Walker to get better. It seemed Walker did a good job hiking the ball, which Fortin seemed to struggle with.
Interesting, Lundt over Senn is interesting as the eye test says the opposite

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
jon-snow-sword.gif

Being Independent flat out sucks. He is 100% right.
Still better than an AAC schedule.

Reaction Score
Truth...... as we've learned before, being forced to align down is always a bad plan......no need to do it to yourselves, just win baby !

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Here's hoping that Joly comes back, gets a bunch of playing time to show folks at the next level that he's worth a bunch of money, and cashes in on his talent that way...
After making negative comments about the program that just helped you get the spotlight, he can stay away imo. He's never going to come back anyway but I wouldn't want him even he magically forgot everything he said. Yes they had truth in them but it's a bad look when UConn and Mora have done nothing to wrong him.

Reaction Score
After making negative comments about the program that just helped you get the spotlight, he can stay away imo. He's never going to come back anyway but I wouldn't want him even he magically forgot everything he said. Yes they had truth in them but it's a bad look when UConn and Mora have done nothing to wrong him.

The comments were pretty constructive actually. Silly to not want a talented player like him to come back.

Reaction Score

I can't really tell the difference. This one just has no rhyme or reason.

We would would still be playing football in the AAC if they let us.

Reaction Score
Just like a real job, when things aren't going the company's way, people get asked to leave. Then they go on LinkedIn and announce to recruiters that they are available for work.

Imagine thinking everyone entering the portal is doing so because they are choosing to on their own. I don't understand why people can't get past this point. They want to play and their current team is telling them that there won't be a scholarship for them next year. So if they want to continue their education and playing career they need to look for a new opportunity.
As far as I know they can't just pull a scholarship but they can tell you that you won't be getting any playing time. If you stay on you have to keep performing at practice or else you get the boot. When faced with that players transfer.

Each year I'd say probably 5-6 players leave before the portal era. It's that portal makes those numbers appear even more outsized

Reaction Score
Truth...... as we've learned before, being forced to align down is always a bad plan......no need to do it to yourselves, just win baby !

I also think however though that by winning, even against lower tier teams, attendance across the board may increase. Also the games with the higher attendance were earlier in the year when expectations were higher, playing NC State when you’re 1-8 will have far less butts in the seats. I’ve had season tickets since Rentschler opened and won’t be giving them up anytime soon, but I’d rather go watch them consistently put up 40 points against lesser teams and win than go watch a P5 overpower them. Perfect example is James Madison, their schedule didn’t set the world on fire but they won the games they were supposed to and got great exposure for it. Their schedule probably produces six wins for us, id take that over a curb stomp from Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Remember when a lot of transfers used to mean something wrong with coach, culture, or lost locker room. Nope. You have to assume everyone is gonna leave every year.
It makes it very hard become a fan of an individual player if they are here today and gone tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I don’t know, he committed to UConn once before, so why not stay if he feels expendable at the P4 level? Just a question. I haven’t heard of a portal player withdraw from the portal and stay with their team, but I don’t follow it all that closely. That’s why I asked
According to on3, 55 players withdrew their name from the portal last season. 70 withdrew in 2022.

Reaction Score
then why commit here if you don’t like the schedule? our schedule is set at least 3-4 years in advance and play pretty good teams. Good luck in SEC or BiG10 getting bypassed by other 5* kids.

Kid was literally listening to Twitter Spaces being held by MrHotBalls after football games to get the excitement going…

Reaction Score
then why commit here if you don’t like the schedule? our schedule is set at least 3-4 years in advance and play pretty good teams. Good luck in SEC or BiG10 getting bypassed by other 5* kids.

Kid was literally listening to Twitter Spaces being held by MrHotBalls after football games to get the excitement going…

Because we were his best offer out of high school.

Reaction Score

Correct! Not sure where Joly was coming from with the "it's hard not knowing who you are going to be playing from year to year... there is never a set schedule" comment. UConn's schedule is pretty much set for the next 4 years. Obviously a few games may change given the musical chairs of continuing conference realignment, but contracts for 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027 are already signed. Granted, UConn may not be for him, but he doesn't have to utter false statements.

Future UConn Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Correct! Not sure where Joly was coming from with the "it's hard not knowing who you are going to be playing from year to year... there is never a set schedule" comment. UConn's schedule is pretty much set for the next 4 years. Obviously a few games may change given the musical chairs of continuing conference realignment, but contracts for 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027 are already signed. Granted, UConn may not be for him, but he doesn't have to utter false statements.

Eh...I think he is just saying they don't have fixed conference opponents every year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

My guess is that the P-4 schools that were talking to him were using the muliple, decades long (or longer) rivalry games they play every year as a selling point (one of many). The kid just parroted the comment.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
My guess is that the P-4 schools that were talking to him were using the muliple, decades long (or longer) rivalry games they play every year as a selling point (one of many). The kid just parroted the comment.
Exactly. His audience here is the schools he’s headed toward, not us. As grown adults we know not to criticize a former employer in an interview - he’s young and trying to look eager for the opportunities ahead of him.

He’s a kid finding his way and people taking his comments personally need to cut him some slack.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom