UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 23 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
Having a degree is better than not. Having a certain degree from a certain school may help open doors but work performance will dictate success.
Yes, but for what type job does a degree in General Studies qualify you?
Maybe I'm too fixated on things like engineering, medicine, and accounting/finance. I have no idea what value there is in a non-specific degree other than illustrate you were able to stay in school for four years.

Reaction Score
Yes, but for what type job does a degree in General Studies qualify you?
Maybe I'm too fixated on things like engineering, medicine, and accounting/finance. I have no idea what value there is in a non-specific degree other than illustrate you were able to stay in school for four years.
Then they get a masters. UConn has 5 grad transfers and 3 redshirt seniors. They have to be doing something to maintain eligibility.

Reaction Score
TAMU DE Walter Nolen in the portal LOL.

NO ONE IS SAFE. NO ONE.

FBS Free Agency making MLB's winter meetings look like a local craft store swap meet.

Reaction Score
wouldn't be surprised to see him on scholly at the FCS level...
Clark should have gotten the reps Mitchell the Louisville transfer got but coaches play some kids and ignore others. Clark may have still been here. He ran real well in the spring game. Our loss due to favoritism pecking order.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Clark should have gotten the reps Mitchell the Louisville transfer got but coaches play some kids and ignore others. Clark may have still been here. He ran real well in the spring game. Our loss due to favoritism pecking order.
Or...maybe Mitchell did better in practice...or was a better teammate.

I am still surprised people throw around "favoritism" without any evidence.

Reaction Score
Are you serious? Jalen Mitchell ran for over 700 yards at Louisville in 2021 in the ACC. His problem at UConn was fumbling. He is a legit P5 running back. He got buried on the depth chart in 2022 at Louisville due to injuries and other good RBs. This is the type of portal transfer UConn should target, a proven P5 contributor that got buried on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
Or...maybe Mitchell did better in practice...or was a better teammate.

I am still surprised people throw around "favoritism" without any evidence.
Read the Mora goodbye tweet. Nothing suggests not a good enough teammate or the good ol better at practice.

Reaction Score
Not sure if basketball is benefiting, we just lost 2 high level recruits to Duke and I’d bet NIL had something to do with it.
This is coming and it's not a long or medium term positive. In the short term 1-3 years we survive. But young men and their parents will be picking schools like an investment banker picks stocks.

Reaction Score
Did you even watch the UMass game? The guy is a fullback if anything and so slow he wouldn't have been successful at all against 90% of our opponents. Pretty sure even UMass was playing backups by the time he got in the game...

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Mora talks up every player leaving and I’m for that positivity
That's what surprises me. Mora acts level headed and mature (opposite of FHCRE), similar to what was talked about in another thread comparing Mora to Colorado's mouthpiece. I'm hoping recruits see that and think, "I wanna play for a coach like Mora that is supportive". What bothers me is that he perhaps wouldn't have to praise so many outgoing players if he hired better coaches, cuz I think his staff's decisions are contributing to the exodus.

Reaction Score
Did you even watch the UMass game? The guy is a fullback if anything and so slow he wouldn't have been successful at all against 90% of our opponents. Pretty sure even UMass was playing backups by the time he got in the game...
Yeah with all due respect, he looked lumbering and way to slow to play RB. I do think they should have given him a shot as a lead blocker at FB. By mid season, everyone figured out the Stafford dive play, would have rather ran Rosa behind a true fullback in goal line situations.

Maybe he heads to a place like Sacred Heart, who is local and a former opponent.

Reaction Score
Just because his Twitter said that’s where he was doesn’t mean he was there. I am definitely not where Twitter thinks I am. That’s likely just where he created his account.
Good point, but I'd be fine even if he IS in Idaho. As a couple others have mentioned, I'm sure he's working night and day during the season. If he wants days back, at his actual home, I don't begrudge him that. And knowing how quickly he got to work when he took this job, I wouldn't be surprised if he's burning the midnight oil even when he is at home

Reaction Score
Just because his Twitter said that’s where he was doesn’t mean he was there. I am definitely not where Twitter thinks I am. That’s likely just where he created his account.
OK, let me explain it to you. That is a distinction without a difference since the post was made in the rhetorical sense. If you like I can instruct you how to figure that out in the future.

Reaction Score
That's what surprises me. Mora acts level headed and mature (opposite of FHCRE), similar to what was talked about in another thread comparing Mora to Colorado's mouthpiece. I'm hoping recruits see that and think, "I wanna play for a coach like Mora that is supportive". What bothers me is that he perhaps wouldn't have to praise so many outgoing players if he hired better coaches, cuz I think his staff's decisions are contributing to the exodus.

This isn’t a bad exodus at all. And except for one player only one has lots of D1 offers rolling in.

If you want to see bad then look at Vandy.

Reaction Score
OK, let me explain it to you. That is a distinction without a difference since the post was made in the rhetorical sense. If you like I can instruct you how to figure that out in the future.

So if you think someone is one place and they actually aren’t there that is a distinction without a difference?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom