UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 22 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
Where do these PWO really think they are gonna go? FCS?
I've been thinking about that, pwo at an FBS school that potentially had very few offers. Maybe they are just trying to leverage it into a better FCS offer than they received the first time around. They build relationships with coaches and maybe they're helping some networking will help them out.

Reaction Score
we saw that one coming a mile away.... I hope he goes there and blows up... gets into the league... then doesn't forget about where he started out.... Give/show as much UConn love as possible...
If he blows up I’ll guarantee they list him as Tennessee in the nfl. He is no longer a huskie

Reaction Score
From what I would consider a reliable source in the UConn NIL world, Tennessee offered him $300k.
Well if that is indeed true. That's hard to say no to. I don't blame him. That's a good chunk of change to have if he doesn't get drafted.

Reaction Score
we saw that one coming a mile away.... I hope he goes there and blows up... gets into the league... then doesn't forget about where he started out.... Give/show as much UConn love as possible...
Could have stopped at blows up. Dead to me.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
What’s higher in the US, divorce rate or college sports transfer rate? The thing they do when they sign a letter of intent needs a name other than “commitment”.
How about IDPPC: interim development play-for-pay contract?

Reaction Score
I've been thinking about that, pwo at an FBS school that potentially had very few offers. Maybe they are just trying to leverage it into a better FCS offer than they received the first time around. They build relationships with coaches and maybe they're helping some networking will help them out.
If they want to go FCS they have to enter portal. D2 I am not sure.

Reaction Score
Day said he wouldn't commit to him as a starter. It reads like he was told to look elsewhere.

College football is in a bad place right now. Mora must be questioning his decision to coach again...nothing to do with UConn...just how much the "sport" has changed. And not for the better.
If he were to stay in Sun Valley and not come back, who would blame him?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That's interesting. They stuck with him all year even though I think he was underweight and struggled. Maybe he was told they are going to recruit over him?

Center position is in a major need of upgrade. The dropoff from Guidone in 2022 to Walker this year was massive.

I made several posts where I was sure the UConn website hadn't updated weights because Walker had a few years in the program and was still listed as 270 something. No way an interior lineman can function at that weight. He actually was decent when the pulled him and he got in to space but he had no ability to move a NT or NG off the line or open up anything.

Reaction Score
Or, maybe it was planned and put in place as the path to finally doing what the powers have wanted reduce D1 football to a couple super conferences with select teams.
Never assume a complex conspiracy when something can be easily explained by ineptitude. The NCAA was completely inept in dealing with both these issues, as they have been with so many other things.

Reaction Score
I would think this is 1099 income rather than w-2....not that the distinction matters for your point that it is documented and reported income. Kids are about to learn about the tax man.

Right - and since most people don't get withholding on 1099 income - they will spend it all and then...

Reaction Score
If he were to stay in Sun Valley and not come back, who would blame him?

Just because his Twitter said that’s where he was doesn’t mean he was there. I am definitely not where Twitter thinks I am. That’s likely just where he created his account.

Reaction Score
Starting to agree.
There’s no allegiance to the school, these are not students, and if the NFL had these same rules, the owners would raise holy hell. This model isn’t sustainable and only big market teams would win.

I don’t blame the players. The adults in charge have let this get out of hand.
It's all a sham. As it was designed to be. All the chaos and money changing hands was meant to be.

Look at the SEC Commissioner now talking about how they may just leave the NCAA if Baker doesn't get their act together. He wasn't clear about what that meant.

He's pretty cocky and boasted about how many championships they've won but I wonder how many fans will watch the SEC if they're out there alone with no other leagues and no National Championship to compete for.

Reaction Score
Not sure if basketball is benefiting, we just lost 2 high level recruits to Duke and I’d bet NIL had something to do with it.
That's the problem we should most fear.

Kids taking the money upfront and assuming they'll develop as well and make the big money in the NBA just as all the other five stars who went there.

May have been true with K but who knows about Scheyster.

Flagg and Ngongba are making me think the kids don't really care about winning championships as much as the coaches (DH) and the fans.
yeah, I think it is. It's effectively designating us to AAA ball club.
That's true, but if we can use the system to improve the record, and improved play increases attendance, it may be enough to get to that "promised land P4" offer we've been repeatedly denied due to poor quality play.

Reaction Score
Theoretically, at least, they are being paid for the rights to their name image or likeness. It has nothing to do with which school they are attending.

Loveandlistings GIF by VH1
Theoretically.

Reaction Score
If one can get a degree also.
No offense to you, but degrees in General Studies (or similar) seem to be the norm today. Not sure what value that brings in today's job market.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom