UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 25 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
He was better than people gave him credit for here. We have now 3 big holes to fill in our offensive line.
Or one giant hole. This one just happens to be 3 wide. It's all about perspective really!

Reaction Score
he’s not going anywhere. Just needs some $$ to throw around like a professional GM with a salary cap

Reaction Score
The problem is bringing up a very negative idea completely out of the blue.

There is no reason for anyone to even begin thinking something like this. If you can't see why people who actually care about the football program would have a problem with a post suggesting the head coach may hang it up, with no actual evidence supporting the idea, I don't know what to tell you.
Hahaha!! My apologies to the negativity police. It was mentioned as an aside. As in "this has gotten so out of control no one would blame him ...." Out of all the absolutely negative things said on this board about players and coaches recently, you choose to object to that??? Did you just wake up or something?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hahaha!! My apologies to the negativity police. It was mentioned as an aside. As in "this has gotten so out of control no one would blame him ...." Out of all the absolutely negative things said on this board about players and coaches recently, you choose to object to that??? Did you just wake up or something?
Your act is beginning to run a little dry.

I'm sorry that you don't have sufficient imagination or acumen to win an argument with Zoo, but flailing away, casting aspersions on our head coach (which had zero to do with the argument to begin with), made zero sense.

Out of pure curiosity, I asked if your comment was based on anything, and find out that you were merely spitballing.

As I stated before, there are people here who (unlike you) actually care about the program. We don't need someone throwing out garbage comments, especially if is someone who feels being an actual fan is beneath him.

Reaction Score
He has offers from Colorado, Memphis, and Bowling Green. I thought he performed well this year, but it was shocking to see how small he looked when standing between the guards. I think the offers speak to how hard it is to find an experienced OL in the portal.
I probably watched him more closely than any other player, and hope he has great success at one of those schools. I'm also confident that we can replace him with a stronger, more athletic and decisive downfield blocker.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m sorry, the idea of Justin Joly, a guy who went for 500 yards and 2 TDs as a sophomore, got 300k to play football anywhere is so ridiculous it’s got me cracking up. If that’s true, what a joke college football has become.

Reaction Score
I probably watched him more closely than any other player, and hope he has great success at one of those schools. I'm also confident that we can replace him with a stronger, more athletic and decisive downfield blocker.
He was very athletic. When he pulled, he had no problems getting to linebackers in space. He would just get overpowered by powerful DTs with regularity.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry, the idea of Justin Joly, a guy who went for 500 yards and 2 TDs as a sophomore, got 300k to play football anywhere is so ridiculous it’s got me cracking up. If that’s true, what a joke college football has become.
Those stats make him a top 10, close to a top tight end in the country. He was pretty much the offense during our Tennessee game. He is the top ranked Tight end in the portal.

Reaction Score

I'm sorry that you don't have sufficient imagination or acumen to win an argument with Zoo, but flailing away, casting aspersions on our head coach (which had zero to do with the argument to begin with), made zero sense.

Out of pure curiosity, I asked if your comment was based on anything, and find out that you were merely spitballing.

As I stated before, there are people here who (unlike you) actually care about the program. We don't need someone throwing out garbage comments, especially if is someone who feels being an actual fan is beneath him.
Whoa. Chill dude. @RSTuthill is a good guy.

Reaction Score
Calling that dude a TE is an insult to real TEs.
Not sure at all what that means. He is a lot closer to an NFL TE than WR. He is 6'4 and over 230. The average NFL WR is 6'0 and 200. The average NFL TE is 6'4 249. The kid is young and just needs to put on a few pounds to be an NFL sized TE. He has two years in an P4 weight program to do that. I get that boneyard scouting knows best, but in this case, I am going with the actual real people who do this stuff for a living and say that he is probably a TE.

Reaction Score
He was very athletic. When he pulled, he had no problems getting to linebackers in space. He would just get overpowered by powerful DTs with regularity.
No getting around the physics of the sport. He was pushed back and down by NG/DTs . I thought he was best suited and really liked him for the blocking H-Back and 7th OL role he played blocking to the outside in the second half of last year. He is very athletic, and technique was good. I don't think he is 270 lbs either. My hats off to him for his fight. Good luck to him.

Reaction Score

Wow, is there something substantive you would like to say? In your role as the negativity policeman I mean? Aren't u supposed to be making some sort of case rather than ad hominem bs? I would suggest you go back and look. Have I ever criticized a coach or player? So why don't you go after those who do rather than some offhand meaningless remark?

Reaction Score
Hope so! What’s your take on his play overall? I think someone posted PFF grades somewhere and he was about middle of the pack.

I personally thought he was decent and with two years left to play would round into a good starter.

Reaction Score
Well, that’s not right.
I understand that whenever a reader of an internet post doesn't pick up sarcasm that it's the poster's fault since it's hard to do in social media. So that was my fault and I apologize.

Having said that, really?

Reaction Score
Hope so! What’s your take on his play overall? I think someone posted PFF grades somewhere and he was about middle of the pack.

I personally thought he was decent and with two years left to play would round into a good starter.
Here are the PFF grades from this year for the OL:

Haynes: 84.8
Ofer-Nyadu: 74.6
Lundt: 74.6
Senn: 70.0
Fortin: 67.1 (not a large # of snaps)
Walker 65.5

In general, over time, PFF grades increase over time for OL, so I would have expected Walker to get better. It seemed Walker did a good job hiking the ball, which Fortin seemed to struggle with.

Reaction Score
Suggest folks watch the first 5-6 minutes of the Ga State highlights. He doesnt get dinged by all of those by PFF...

Reaction Score
Not sure at all what that means. He is a lot closer to an NFL TE than WR. He is 6'4 and over 230. The average NFL WR is 6'0 and 200. The average NFL TE is 6'4 249. The kid is young and just needs to put on a few pounds to be an NFL sized TE. He has two years in an P4 weight program to do that. I get that boneyard scouting knows best, but in this case, I am going with the actual real people who do this stuff for a living and say that he is probably a TE.
Joly was a very good player and I wish he was staying!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom