UConn now involved with Cliff Alexander | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn now involved with Cliff Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You may think it is crazy, but I've heard that DePaul is actually the Dark Horse to land this package deal. I think it is crazy too, but that is the rumor. It would be a major coup for DePaul and the Big East who already has only 3 or 4 less top 100 commits to this point than the ACC and with only 10 schools. I think DePaul very well could land these two.

Reaction Score
I am so mad that i just watched a highlight video of this kid lol. It just made me get way to pumped envisioning him in a Uconn uniform when the chances of it happening are slim. God damn recruiting

Reaction Score
You may think it is crazy, but I've heard that DePaul is actually the Dark Horse to land this package deal. I think it is crazy too, but that is the rumor. It would be a major coup for DePaul and the Big East who already has only 3 or 4 less top 100 commits to this point than the ACC and with only 10 schools. I think DePaul very well could land these two.

Imagine this report from a Johnnies fan?

Go hire an assistant coach!

Reaction Score
Just tweeted:

"@humblekid11: My top 6 schools NO ORDER

Michigan state
Illinois
Memphis
DePaul
Kansas
Arizona"

Reaction Score
Why is Memphis on the lists for all of these kids, the guy can't coach.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just because we're not in his top six doesn't mean we have no shot at him. We just started recruiting him yesterday, and he was receptive to our calls, so I would expect it to take a little bit of time before he completely eliminated us.

Reaction Score
Imagine this report from a Johnnies fan?

Go hire an assistant coach!

I'm not lying about DePaul. Theyre a resl threat to land the combo. I told you Larrier would go to VCU and he did. I also heard Kasongo will head to Oregon and I still believe that he will. We have our assistants already, thanks.

Reaction Score
You and about everyone else who follows recruiting predicted Larrier to VCU.

I have no idea where Lyle and Alexander end up, but I would bet a lot of money it won't be at DePaul.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm not lying about DePaul. Theyre a resl threat to land the combo. I told you Larrier would go to VCU and he did. I also heard Kasongo will head to Oregon and I still believe that he will. We have our assistants already, thanks.

Do you have a basis for these guesses?

Reaction Score
Do you have a basis for these guesses?

Not guessing. Just what I heard. Dont shoot the messenger. Kasongo will stay west and choose Oregon. Larrier was going south no matter what.

Reaction Score
Not guessing. Just what I heard. Dont shoot the messenger. Kasongo will stay west and choose Oregon. Larrier was going south no matter what.

What do you mean "stay" west. Kasongo was in Kentucky until one and a half weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Plus isn't Kasongo from Toronto? At least his parents live in Toronto. Check Zags; interview with dad. Said they liked Uconn was only an hour and a half plane ride from there.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Would probably be best to take information from St. John's trolls with a huge grain of salt.

Reaction Score
Couple of interesting comments:

Scott Phillips
@phillipshoops
Cliff Alexander: "I've had a couple more schools hit me up like UConn & Oregon." Cliff told me he's interested in both programs.

This was from yesterday. Prior to the quote from his mother and Alexander listing his top 6 schools. Obviously, he has had little contact with UConn so no wonder he wouldn't list them in top 6.

Then there's this:

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 8m
Cliff Alexander reportedly cut Kentucky from his list today. KU and Michigan State remain teams to beat. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...rc=desktop&wjb
Brian Snow ‏@BSnowScout 6m
@GoodmanESPN You might need to check your sources on that one
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 4m
@BSnowScout you think Illinois leads?
Brian Snow ‏@BSnowScout 4m
@GoodmanESPN I know for sure your top is not accurate

Alexander himself said Goodman's post was a lie.

This leaves DePaul, Arizona, Memphis, and Illinois for Alexander.
Package deal would only leave DePaul and Memphis. Alexander could go his own way at Illinois and Arizona. Lyle appears to have not many other outlets at all for some reason. UConn, DePaul and Memphis.

Reaction Score
Couple of interesting comments:

Scott Phillips
@phillipshoops
Cliff Alexander: "I've had a couple more schools hit me up like UConn & Oregon." Cliff told me he's interested in both programs.

This was from yesterday. Prior to the quote from his mother and Alexander listing his top 6 schools. Obviously, he has had little contact with UConn so no wonder he wouldn't list them in top 6.

Then there's this:

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 8m
Cliff Alexander reportedly cut Kentucky from his list today. KU and Michigan State remain teams to beat. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...rc=desktop&wjb
Brian Snow ‏@BSnowScout 6m
@GoodmanESPN You might need to check your sources on that one
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 4m
@BSnowScout you think Illinois leads?
Brian Snow ‏@BSnowScout 4m
@GoodmanESPN I know for sure your top is not accurate

Alexander himself said Goodman's post was a lie.

This leaves DePaul, Arizona, Memphis, and Illinois for Alexander.
Package deal would only leave DePaul and Memphis. Alexander could go his own way at Illinois and Arizona. Lyle appears to have not many other outlets at all for some reason. UConn, DePaul and Memphis.
Why am I not surprised that Goodman had bad information but was confident he was right? He strikes me as a very arrogant media type who thinks he knows everything and is always right.

Reaction Score
https://twitter.com/NextUpRecruits/status/381598010398228480

Snow says with certitude that Lyle does not have an offer from Kansas.

At this point, it very well may be that Lyle is offered by Memphis, UConn and DePaul.

On the Kansas Board there's a comment that Lyle was suspended from high school 3-4 times for fighting with team mates, grades are an issue, and that Louisville de-committed from him. I take it with a grain of salt because it's third party hearsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom