UConn now involved with Cliff Alexander | The Boneyard

UConn now involved with Cliff Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Not getting my hopes up, sorry to be a Debbie downer.

Reaction Score
Borat-VeryNice.jpg

Reaction Score
Not getting my hopes up, but I'd have to think there's a legitimate possibility Lyle loved his visit to UConn and then called/texted Cliff and told him he better start considering us if he's serious about a package deal.

Reaction Score
So our newbies for next year might be Purvis/Lyle/Hamilton/Robinson/Alexander. Wow.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
My crystal ball has both Lyle and Alexander coming to UConn

We all know how reliable those are haha ... hope I'm wrong but Lyle was a stretch from the start, trying to convince both of them that UConn is the best place for them is going to be incredibly difficult. The idea of them coming to Storrs is enticing, but I can't see this coming together.

caw

Reaction Score
If the package deal happens, I guess that's Memphis, Kansas (?) and UConn. Oregon is in with both also? That's new.

D

Deleted member 3149

It's a great thing that Jaquan hasn't used his official on UConn yet. Now he and Cliff can come together hopefully???

Reaction Score
We all know how reliable those are haha ... hope I'm wrong but Lyle was a stretch from the start, trying to convince both of them that UConn is the best place for them is going to be incredibly difficult. The idea of them coming to Storrs is enticing, but I can't see this coming together.

The only way UConn was going to ever get involved with Alexander was if Lyle loved it here on his visit. The "UConn reaches out to Alexander" headline is just recruit speak. If Alexander was at any point even slightly interested in UConn, he didn't have to beg them for any interest on the other end. Alexander and UConn are now speaking for one reason...Lyle loved it here and shared that information with Cliff. Are we still a long shot for Cliff? Of course. But we're a major player for Lyle and that alone is enough for Cliff to at least listen to what we have to say.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
It's a great thing that Jaquan hasn't used his official on UConn yet. Now he and Cliff can come together hopefully???

I think Cliff has all 5 scheduled ... Memphis, Arizona, Illinois, Kansas, and DePaul for officials. Supposedly taking unofficial to MSU. Though he recently cut UK which helps a little.

Reaction Score
I think Cliff has all 5 scheduled ... Memphis, Arizona, Illinois, Kansas, and DePaul for officials. Supposedly taking unofficial to MSU. Though he recently cut UK which helps a little.

Alexander just needs to cut Memphis, Arizona, Illinois, Kansas, and DePaul from his list, then he'll be able to take an official to UConn with Lyle. ;) Hey, a guy can dream. It would be awesome if Alexander were to land here. I was bummed about Abu not coming, but this would more than make up for it.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Alexander just needs to cut Memphis, Arizona, Illinois, Kansas, and DePaul from his list, then he'll be able to take an official to UConn with Lyle. ;) Hey, a guy can dream. It would be awesome if Alexander were to land here. I was bummed about Abu not coming, but this would more than make up for it.

Alexander changed Illinois from unofficial to official recently ... considering how close it is, he could change it back to unofficial and take official to Storrs. Unlikely, but hey if we're going to dream why not dream B1G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom