UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
clay-aiken-bucket-hat.jpg

Reaction Score
Not for nothing but i wouldnt put too much stock into Rihanna wearing that. I think i figured it out. Not to burst anyones bubble but the only reason she is wearing that shirt is because there is a C on it for her bf Chris brown. If she was dating a guy by the name of Mark, she probably would be loading up on Michigan apparel...hey the longer shes with Chris Brown the better it is for UConn. Not bad.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not for nothing but i wouldnt put too much stock into Rihanna wearing that. I think i figured it out. Not to burst anyones bubble but the only reason she is wearing that shirt is because there is a C on it for her bf Chris brown. If she was dating a guy by the name of Mark, she probably would be loading up on Michigan apparel...hey the longer shes with Chris Brown the better it is for UConn. Not bad.
Then why wasn't she wearing Brown gear?

Reaction Score
We need to get Matthew Lillard back in a movie wearing UConn gear. Preferably not as Shaggy.

Reaction Score
Not just the mascot but jeez us wth is going on with those fugly cheer/dance squads,,aint there any non heifers left in CT,,,?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I love the basketball uneys with UCONN instead of CONNECTICUT on the front. Way friggin cooler than spelling out our state. UConn is our brand.
Call it luck, but we've won with UCONN in white uney for 3 championships. when we reverted to CONNECTICUT in '06 with Boone/Williams/Chaz et al, we lost to GMU. I am still sick over that. WTF did Denham have the ball for the last shot?
The football uneys do look like Dallas as a poster said. I want our name on the front as it was prior, in large letters. CONNECTICUT, or UCONN, or HUSKIES! Ala Oklahoma.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
We can be the fighting C-Lo's? Or -U's?

I've seen the Sandler movie - I forgot about that... but he also wear's every New England U shirt/hat even some Whalers action, so it kind of gets lost. We need more of that though...

How about Bobby Moynihan on SNL repping for UConn -- a recurring character? Anyone know him? Get the word out...
I have this vague recollection of Kirsty Alley wearing a grey UConn sweatshirt on Cheers- wa yback when we were starting to gain some cache in hoops. Anybody remeber this? I can`t find any images online but truthfully I didn`t look that hard...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I have this vague recollection of Kirsty Alley wearing a grey UConn sweatshirt on Cheers- wa yback when we were starting to gain some cache in hoops. Anybody remeber this? I can`t find any images online but truthfully I didn`t look that hard...
Not gonna lie this has led to a few scary search results.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't remember her in any UConn garb but I do remember one episode where the running joke was that she was a UConn grad (Norm said "Go fighting insurance salesmen!) and somehow got the nickname "Backseat Becky" while at school. Sam spent the entire episode trying to find out the story behind the nickname and at the end she told some bogus story that she paid Carla to make up.

Reaction Score
I knew pink was going to play a vital role in the rebranding.

@DanAgabiti: #xlcenter in pink tonight for the #UConnwomen game against #Baylor http://post original url/085Zmelq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
DC apparently is going to report this is official tomorrow according to some of my friends.

Reaction Score

Good memory. It was the episode where Sam was trying to find out about the secret that makes Rebecca's knees go week, I think. Her character was a uconn alumni.

Reaction Score
Didn't see it but I did find this:
gettyimages_1115657951.jpg
Memo to Leanne: Please start eating again. Anorexia is a serious health problem. I can't tell if she's ripped, anorexic, imbibing too many illegal substances, or a combination of all of the above from that pic.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Good memory. It was the episode where Sam was trying to find out about the secret that makes Rebecca's knees go week, I think. Her character was a uconn alumni.

I believe that was the episode where Norm asked "what is UConn's team name? The Fighting Insurance Salesmen?".

Reaction Score
Backseat Becky? I know it was in an the episode where they tried to give Carla her teenage years back and they had a sleepover with Rebecca and Lilith.

Reaction Score
Backseat Becky? I know it was in an the episode where they tried to give Carla her teenage years back and they had a sleepover with Rebecca and Lilith.
Right, she was a UConn alumnus and her nickname was Backseat Becky. The Fighting insurance Salesmen line was classic. And she was embarrassed about how she got the nickname...unlike the reasons the gang at the bar assumed, it turned out that there had been a fire drill in her dorm and when she went out she had climed into the back of the fire chief's car and fallen asleep in the back seat...

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer