UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wolf.gif

From what I've heard from someone who's seen the new logo, it's supposed to look very similar to this, but with a red tongue and "piercing light blue eyes". Additionally, red will be used more in our jerseys and the block UC and C will no longer be used.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Thank goodness we're updating it...

Really liked when Washington went to this one:

Really bad. That could be just about anything...a mink, a ferret, a coyote, who knows?

UConnNick

Reaction Score
I personally think the UConn on the bball jerseys with the red U are my favorite. I freaking hate our current football unis. We don't have football tradition, stop trying to wear boring unis like the power schools wear. Be exciting be creative. Why does Oregon and MD get press even if on field product sucks? Unis. Not saying we need to go that extreme but I really liked the jerseys that said Connecticut across the chest. Not huge on the block C. Can't we get at least one alt uni?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm not a big fan of the current FB unis either, but I really can't see Pasqualoni sending a team out on the field with electric blue unis and day-glo yellow shoes. He just doesn't strike me as the type to go for hype.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. That is my favorite UConn logo and thats why i have it as my boneyard picture. Im still mad they got rid of it. I like other peoples ideas of going back to the late 90's and early 2000's style of our home uniforms having UConn and the away uniforms having Connecticut on the front. I dont like all the change either. Just look at Alabama football or Michigan football, two of the most historic and successful programs ever. They have been wearing basically the same uniforms/helmets since the beginning of time. There is nothing that stands out about them but its just the fact they are so recognizable. I dont want a complete over haul because id like to keep our tradition.

I agree. Schools that trot out different stuff on a game-by-game basis have an insecurity complex, in my view. I think UCONN has changed styles and types of uniforms way too much over the past several years. Since when did gray or silver become school colors? I also don't like it when every school in the country, regardless of their school colors, uses black as a dominant uni color. If black isn't one of your colors then why are you wearing it? I know it has become a trendy uni color across the board, so what, we want to be like everyone else and jump on the black bandwagon?

UConnNick

Reaction Score
The letter C has been around for a long time, although not from the beginning of the school, but the current block C design has not. I like it and I think there is value in a consistent marketing image, but it's not like the current design has been around for more than 10 years.

That's for sure. We started out as "S.A.S." (Storrs Agricultural School), then "C.A.C." (Connecticut Agricultural College), and, from 1933-39, "CSC" (Connecticut State College). We became The University of Connecticut in 1939. The Husky mascot wasn't adopted until around 1935. Sadly, Jonathan I was run over by a car after serving for less than one year. He's buried behind the Storrs Congregational Church.

Reaction Score
That's for sure. We started out as "S.A.S." (Storrs Agricultural School), then "C.A.C." (Connecticut Agricultural College), and, from 1933-39, "CSC" (Connecticut State College). We became The University of Connecticut in 1939. The Husky mascot wasn't adopted until around 1935. Sadly, Jonathan I was run over by a car after serving for less than one year. He's buried behind the Storrs Congregational Church.

Like 8 cars in the whole state and he gets trampled by one of them. A shame!

Reaction Score
I'm not a big fan of the current FB unis either, but I really can't see Pasqualoni sending a team out on the field with electric blue unis and day-glo yellow shoes. He just doesn't strike me as the type to go for hype.

Doubtful PP has much say in it. At his age the pupil/retina only picks up black and white anyways. Ocassional grey as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here it is:
huskies_logo1.jpg

Meaner Husky - check
Looks like the Nordiques - check
Piercing light blue eyes - check

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Geno tweets that we are going to love it

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Guess I need a new avatar.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seriously unimpressive
I don't disagree. I'm confident that the native nutmegger in me will dislike the new logo. After a while though I, along with the rest of the "land of steady habits" will be very resistant to any suggestion that it should be changed. Just how it is.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Geno, Ollie and one of the players all said that they liked it. Looking through the various logos, none of them impress. That includes our current logo, with the tongue hanging out and "Farrah Fawcett" fur.

Reaction Score
North Lakes Academy?

Northern Illinois' new logo is amazingly impressive.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Here it is:
huskies_logo1.jpg

Meaner Husky - check
Looks like the Nordiques - check
Piercing light blue eyes - check

Do we really need yet another FAKE logo running around? Argh.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Better than the last one that looked more like Lassie.

That's a bad thing? Who else would you rather have with you when you fall into a well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom