Men - UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Men UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Pertinents:

-> X-Factor: Catchers beware

Oklahoma, Connecticut, and Oral Roberts plan to light up the basepaths this weekend in Norman. Oklahoma has six players with 10 or more steals, led by Snyder’s 15. UConn has three players with 15 or more stolen bases, led by Caleb Shpur’s 26-28 line. Add in ORU with three players with 12 or more led paced by Elijah Rodriguez’s 16, and you have an aggressive group of baserunners this weekend.

Best Starting Rotation: Connecticut

The trio of Garrett Coe (9-5, 4.53), Stephen Quigley (5-3, 3.99) and Ian Cooke (4-1, 4.50) stands out as the most reliable trio in this regional field. Coe is a warrior who has been a key part of the staff for four years; he’s a 6-foot-6, 256-pound behemoth who comes after hitters with a high-80s fastball and excellent changeup. Quigley (5-3, 3.99) is another seasoned innings-eater with two years of experience as a stalwart in the UConn rotation; his fastball averages 91 but his calling card is a low-80s slider that generates a 47% whiff rate. Cooke has the liveliest stuff of the trio, with a fastball that averages 92.5 and a slider that also has a 47% whiff rate. This is a very good group. <-

No. 1 Seed Win Probability (1-10): 5

Oklahoma won the Big 12 going away and made it to the tournament title game. This is a quality team that earned its No. 9 overall seed. However, Duke is playing its best ball and arguably should have hosted. The Blue Devils would be a tough matchup for any host, and Oklahoma drew one of the toughest 2-seeds. Add in 3 and 4-seeds who are accustomed to postseason play, and this becomes one of the most challenging regionals. <-

Reaction Score
I have conflicting events tomorrow, so I won't be able to do my usual inning by inning posting early in the UConn-Duke game tomorrow. I hope that I will be able to do my posting by the middle innings, but we'll see what happens.

Reaction Score
Looks like a crap day weather wise. Rain ☔️ early. Hopefully they get off on time.

Reaction Score
Looks like a crap day weather wise. Rain ☔️ early. Hopefully they get off on time.
If they are delayed or rained out at least The Rob Dibble Show can cover airtime on 97.9. Great interview with Penders on Wed. I can’t believe that show has been on for 20 years. Hope Dibs continues to do it another 20. Ben Darneau is too.

Reaction Score
I'm actually going to a few games in the Athens Regional today (Georgia vs. Army & Georgia Tech vs. UNC Wilmington) but rooting from afar #BEATDUKE

Reaction Score

FRIDAY (5/31)
Duke vs. UConn
1 p.m. (ET) – L. Dale Mitchell Park (Norman, Okla.)
VIDEO – ESPN+
Duke – LHP – Andrew Healy
UConn – RHP – Ian Cooke

Reaction Score
If anyone cares

To win the region:
Duke -135
Oklahoma +185
Uconn +700
ORU +1800

Duke the favorite...interesting.

IMG_0784.jpeg

Reaction Score
Tamarro and Studley really need to produce. No added pressure! It’s a team game, but these guys need to perform to have a chance of advancing. Good AB’s from the start. Timely hitting and let’s hope that staff pitches to their capabilities.

Reaction Score
Hyde is strictly in there to get another RH bat in the lineup? Assuming Garbo is 100%? I know Duke doesn’t run a lot.
Healy has been kind of in between an opener and a true starter this year so I wonder what the strategy is here. Maybe get the righty bat in for 1, maybe 2 ABs against Healy and then ready to PH Garbo early? They haven’t done much of the R/L platoon at catcher this year so this is interesting

Reaction Score
Healy has been kind of in between an opener and a true starter this year so I wonder what the strategy is here. Maybe get the righty bat in for 1, maybe 2 ABs against Healy and then ready to PH Garbo early? They haven’t done much of the R/L platoon at catcher this year so this is interesting
Yeah agree with your comments. Healy’s longest stint is 5 innings so could see Garbo mid game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom