Men - UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Men UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hyde is strictly in there to get another RH bat in the lineup? Assuming Garbo is 100%? I know Duke doesn’t run a lot.
Garbo back @ hotel w/ a feveral bug from the pre-game.

Reaction Score
away we go GIF

Reaction Score
Healy has been kind of in between an opener and a true starter this year so I wonder what the strategy is here. Maybe get the righty bat in for 1, maybe 2 ABs against Healy and then ready to PH Garbo early? They haven’t done much of the R/L platoon at catcher this year so this is interesting
It may be defensive related. Maybe not run team is Duke, but perhaps the better arm in early part of the game and see if you need Garbo’s bat. Guessing bout all.

Reaction Score
Duke is very disaplined at plate. Don't swing at anything out of zone. Plus a tight zone doesn't bode well

Reaction Score
I was thinking a nice hook slide would have scored as well.
If he went for the plate with his lead leg he would have beaten the tag.

It's a really low percentage play to allow the second out to be made at home there, but it's hard to beat up on Penders when this team has been so horrific this year at moving runners along with productive outs.

Reaction Score
Missed chances. 4 hits 2bb and a HBP and 1 run to show. Not being negative, their not good enough to win that over the course of the tournament. 3-0 to Broadhurst no production and then the obvious play at the plate…grind out a win but these things have been season long.

Reaction Score
Hyde is strictly in there to get another RH bat in the lineup? Assuming Garbo is 100%? I know Duke doesn’t run a lot.

Listened to the pregame show on the way home. Garbo is sick, got the flu bug that Studley had, Broadhurst had it as well at one point. Garbowski might be able to play later the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom