Uconn Draft Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Uconn Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am REALLY happy for these guys! As a Giant fan I was hoping Sio went to the Giants. On that note outside of Hankins I am going on record that Jerry Reese finally blew a draft! Pugh was a TOTAL reach..the length of his arms will force him inside to center or gaurd. After reading Coughlin's comments about Demontre Moore they would have been better off taking Trevardo Williams. As for trading up and taking Nassib...the pre-draft show Gruden did with him REALLY turned me off...VERY cocky..way too high opinion of himself! The fact that Buffalo didn't take him speaks volumes! Only way I would have been happy with a qb in this draft was if they took Barkley. I guess Reese doesn't realize that Perry Fewell actualy uses LB's DB's in his d scheme! As a fan I rate this a C- to D- maybe an F (depends on how good Hankins is)!

I'm a Redskins fan, but I completely disagree with you. I'm jealous of the Giants draft. They get a day 1 starter at right tackle in Pugh, a definite rotation guy in Hankins, and one of my favorite players in Damontre Moore - Moore just flat out makes plays and did all year long. Didn't test out well in the combine but until the combine a lot of people thought he was a top 5 pick. I prefer Bray or Wilson to Nassib, but you can't argue with the value and the fit there.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't get Nassib, especially throwing way a pick in round six in the process. This is a draft where you want to add late picks, not give them up as many who will be available in rounds six & seven will be similar to a lot of what gets picked in rounds three and four.

Pugh may turn out to be a good pick but he would have lasted until early to mid second round. They could have traded down, got him anyway and added a four (possibly a three, in other years a two) and gotten him anyway.

My guess on Moore is that they figure if he does ever really get himself in shape and adds some strength in the weight room he could be a prize. Nothing else makes sense there.

Reaction Score
I'm punching Trey Wingo if I ever see him. This is the longest they spent on any player drafted so far.

ESPN lives on controversy and the "if it bleeds, it leads" philosophy. It's unfortunate that the BWW pick came immediately after TM's. As far as Mathieu's ability to communicate is concerned, he speaks like a cajun. They are all hard to understand. Finally, in the interest of fairness, it was Wingo (brought up in Greenwich) that compared UCONN's draft numbers to those of Miami and Michigan.

Reaction Score
I'm a Redskins fan, but I completely disagree with you. I'm jealous of the Giants draft. They get a day 1 starter at right tackle in Pugh, a definite rotation guy in Hankins, and one of my favorite players in Damontre Moore - Moore just flat out makes plays and did all year long. Didn't test out well in the combine but until the combine a lot of people thought he was a top 5 pick. I prefer Bray or Wilson to Nassib, but you can't argue with the value and the fit there.
Arm length will ruin Pugh in pass protection as a NFL tackle! If you told me he was drafted as a interior guy..I agree with Fairfield Cnty Fan they could have traded dwn. As for Moore...he makes those plays because he has NFL level talent...but now everyone has that talent level. His work ethic..rather lack of it (both at practice and in weight room) are gonna come back to haunt him! Hankins will be only legit player from this draft...and the Giants still need LB & DB depth! I find it funny how Reese has in the past touted how he takes top rated player on the board. This uear he should have taken Eiffert...but instead he reaches for a short armed lineman.

Reaction Score
Ken Davis (@Kendavis55)
4/27/13, 1:35 PM
Hey, you cannot buy the publicity #UConn has received on the #NFLNetwork during the Combine and the Draft.

Also noted that UConn now has had four players taken in NFL Draft in 2009, 2011 and 2013.

Reaction Score
Ken Davis (@Kendavis55)
4/27/13, 1:35 PM
Hey, you cannot buy the publicity #UConn has received on the #NFLNetwork during the Combine and the Draft.

Also noted that UConn now has had four players taken in NFL Draft in 2009, 2011 and 2013.
Sen this to Jim delaney

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
8 TE's have been drafted. Anyone have info on the rankings of the remaining guys or where Ryan ranks? Looks like there may be 5-6 more TE's getting their name called.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
2011 and 2012 had 10 TE's selected each year. 2009 and 2010 had close to 20 each year. Good luck to Griffin and Delahunt.

Reaction Score
Here's Sio getting drafted. Both NFLNetwork and ESPN coverage then an Interview with Raiders Media

Haven't found anything for Gratz yet.

Great video. Thanks. I love how every year all the pundits are so surprised by our players. I do love that last quote from the ESPN section. We just had 2 of the last 3 picks from UCONN and we are still waiting for 1 pick from Miami and U of MIchigan.

Reaction Score
a4q5kuu.gif

Reaction Score
Loving this pick as a Texans fan. Looks like they'll slide Brooks Reed inside and use Trevardo at the SAM behind Sam Montgomery (third round pick out of LSU). Also a chance they could slide Trevardo inside. They needed huge help on ST coverage, so he should make an immediate impact.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Through 177 of 254 picks:
  1. Alabama 8
  2. Florida 8
  3. Louisiana State 8
  4. Florida State 8
  5. Georgia 6
  6. Texas A&M 5
  7. North Carolina 4
  8. Connecticut 4
  9. Southern California 4
  10. South Carolina 4

Reaction Score
Through 177 of 254 picks:
  1. Alabama 8
  2. Florida 8
  3. Louisiana State 8
  4. Florida State 8
  5. Georgia 6
  6. Texas A&M 5
  7. North Carolina 4
  8. Connecticut 4
  9. Southern California 4
  10. South Carolina 4

No talent, right Dez?

Another nice little fact, over the past three years Alabama has had 11 defensive players drafted. UConn has had 7.

Reaction Score
Great news!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Texans for Ryan Griffin. Nice. 5 Huskies drafted puts UConn right there with the elite teams.

Reaction Score
Congrats to all the guys selected so far!! Here's to someone grabbing Wirth too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom