Uconn Draft Thread | The Boneyard

Uconn Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Sio Moore

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2013/04/24/sio-moore-nfl-draft-connecticut/2111207/

Moore's stock is rising, and he could be selected as high as the second round Friday. Since the end of UConn's season, the linebacker has been training at the Athletes' Performance Institute near Pensacola, Fla. The training facility also is hosting projected high-round picks Barkevious Mingo of LSU and South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore.

>>UConn, which joined the top echelon of college football about 10 years ago, has not typically been a hotbed for NFL recruits, though the Huskies have produced the occasional standout such as New York Giants left tackle Will Beatty and Indianapolis Colts running back Donald Brown.

Moore established himself as part of that elite group with productive seasons the past three years as a starter for UConn, including a senior season in which he recorded 15½ tackles for losses and eight sacks.

Part of Moore's motivation is changing the perception of the program.

"I'm glad to be a guy from UConn putting them on the map," he says. "I've always been an underdog."<<

Continues to amaze me that Tyvon Branch is overlooked as much as he is... I'd argue he has had a stronger career than Donald (and I'm a DB fan).

Reaction Score
UCONN FOOTBALL: Dwayne Gratz and Blidi Wreh-Wilson to become first set of corners drafted from the Huskies (video) - long

http://nhregister.com/articles/2013/04/24/sports/doc517895158b563558781292.txt?mobredir=false

"When Dwayne Gratz and Blidi Wreh-Wilson signed their national letters of intent with UConn back in February of 2008 they were joining a program with a grand total of one defensive back taken in the NFL draft in the previous 30 years. Well, it is safe to say that times are changing and reputations are most definitely being built up in Storrs"

Reaction Score
Continues to amaze me that Tyvon Branch is overlooked as much as he is... I'd argue he has had a stronger career than Donald (and I'm a DB fan).
You don't need to argue. It's the truth. TB is elite NFL talent.

Reaction Score
>>UConn, which joined the top echelon of college football about 10 years ago, has not typically been a hotbed for NFL recruits, though the Huskies have produced the occasional standout such as New York Giants left tackle Will Beatty and Indianapolis Colts running back Donald Brown.

Moore established himself as part of that elite group with productive seasons the past three years as a starter for UConn, including a senior season in which he recorded 15½ tackles for losses and eight sacks.

"I'm glad to be a guy from UConn putting them on the map," he says. "I've always been an underdog."<<

Tyvon has had a much better career than DB, he is one of the best players at his position and was voted the most underrated player in the league at one point. I met Carson Palmer recently and he said Tyvon is a great player and the leader on the Raiders.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Thanks for starting the thread. Draft will be a nice distraction from the spring game/conference shenanigans.

Mock drafts seem to be all over the place on Huskies. I think the CBS one said Gratz in second round but no Blidi...first time I think I saw them being picked in that order. It feels like round 2 for Blidi and Sio..round 3 for Gratz. Maybe 4 for Trevardo. Griffin may slip into the final round or 2. I think Trevardo is a sleeper pick. Dependable and athletic.

I am a Jets fan (obviously I love offensively challenged teams)....love to see one of the UConn DBs end up in their secondary.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I am a Jets fan (obviously I love offensively challenged teams)....love to see one of the UConn DBs end up in their secondary.

Same here. I'm hoping the Jets trade down in the first round and take Blidi whom they could use as a corner or safety, the Jets also need an outside linebacker so hopefully Sio is their radar in the second round.

BTW Danny Lansannah is on the Jets roster.

Reaction Score
That would put Tavon in the top 5% of his class at West Virginia.

WVU Deans list members attempting Wonderlic test:

10311_Stills_KM40.jpg

Reaction Score

Tyvon is the NFL's invisible man.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons take one of our corners. A weird hunch.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons take one of our corners. A weird hunch.

after the combine, I predicted Gratz to Seattle. (or maybe Atlanta or StL) I'm also gonna predict Moore to Baltimore, SF, or Chicago. Wreh-Wilson to Cleveland, Atlanta, or NYJ. Williams I don't know about. Maybe Denver, SD, or NO.

Or Maybe all 4 to Indy........

Reaction Score
Nice to see the central mich tackle go first overall

Reaction Score
Nice to see the central mich tackle go first overall

Great story... Dude was rated 2* coming out of high school and only scholarship offers we're from Eastern and Central Michigan.

Reaction Score
wonder how far Gino Smith will fall, many mocks had him in the top 10, might end up in round 2

Reaction Score
And with that. My little alma mater tucked into the Northwest Corner of our great state has a first round draft pick.

Reaction Score
there's still time for sio or blidi to sneak in, 4 cb's taken in the 1st round already, if I were to guess, either the pats or cowboys take a husky or no one does in the first round.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
DougKyedNESN Apr 24, 6:18pm via TweetDeck
Blidi Wreh-Wilson scored a 33 (!!) on his wonderlic, per @BobMcGinn: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/cornerbacks-and-safeties-at-a-glance-rt9i5i1-204405151.html

Perfect Wonderlic is 50 (only 1 ever achieved I believe). Tavon Austin got a 6.
Professions median Wonderlic scores:
Average score by position:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member