Men - UConn Baseball and the transfer portal | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball and the transfer portal

Reaction Score
I think this is a bigger issue than just UConn but agreed on the point. In general there is a big emphasis in the sport on metrics like velo and spin rate but you are right on that it doesn’t always translate. Need to take a more nuanced approach to HS recruiting, which I think UConn is trying to do
Penders has discussed the fact that you need to look at metrics along with pitchers’ results and hitters’ batting average. Someone hitting 300 in HS will not magically become a great college hitter in spite of their exit velocity and launch angle. There are similar comparisons for pitchers.

Reaction Score
Penders has discussed the fact that you need to look at metrics along with pitchers’ results and hitters’ batting average. Someone hitting 300 in HS will not magically become a great college hitter in spite of their exit velocity and launch angle. There are similar comparisons for pitchers.
The smartest thing I heard JP say was whether/if the guy’s been an ace, winning big games for his team. A guy who has a history of coming up big plays at any level. Pitching is a lonely business, and a guy who can/wants to carry the weight is someone you can work with. Talent plus grit is a winning combo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1
Top Bottom