U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 50 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Channise is the #16 PG and #77 player in her class per HG. That's a step down from Destiny, but she may develop into a solid player.
I hope I'm wrong about this, but I have this nagging feeling that a couple years from now, after Brenda recruits a top-5 pg in the class of 2018, we may be talking about Channise Lewis on the transfer thread. Obviously, she fills an immediate need for MD next year, but I have to wonder if Lewis fits in the long term picture for the turtles.

Reaction Score
I hope I'm wrong about this, but I have this nagging feeling that a couple years from now, after Brenda recruits a top-5 pg in the class of 2018, we may be talking about Channise Lewis on the transfer thread. Obviously, she fills an immediate need for MD next year, but I have to wonder if Lewis fits in the long term picture for the turtles.

Maryland already has a verbal from a highly ranked 2018 PG

taylor-mikesell

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Which 2018 prospect are you looking forward to seeing this Spring and why?

Nalyssa Smith

Smith has all the tools and had a breakout year in 2016. The 6-3 forward is explosive, skilled and a competitor. Now that she’s regarded as one of the very best in the 2018 class I’m looking forward to seeing where her game goes next. Athletically there are only a handful of players comparable, those like Aquira DeCosta and Madison Williams. It’s exciting to see if she’ll be the next star out of the San Antonio area.

-- Chris Hansen

Very tough to narrow down just one 2018 prospect since there are several players whose ceilings are so high it will be exciting to watch them extend their game. That's why I'll be excited to watch where Nalyssa Smith takes her game. She has so much more to go it's scary. I'm looking forward to watching this versatile and dynamic prospect decrease the gap from where she was last year and show us where she can go this year.

-- James Parker

Spring Roundtable: Players to Watch this Spring | Prospects Nation

Reaction Score
Do you think she will commit at early period?

I wouldn't claim to know what her plans are.....up till now she has been a bit on the quiet side about her recruiting............I would have to assume that with 12 candidates, she plans to take some time to whittle the numbers down.........I wonder whether her significant knee injury has effected her thought process in any way........

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well good for her. Honestly I'm taking this as a good sign for whatever team ONO chooses. She seems quiet, reserved, and smart with the willingness to consider this carefully and think things through. I think whichever program she chooses won't have any problem keeping her for 4 years, and she'll give her all to that program.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Do you think she will commit at early period?

Probably not. I remember reading somewhere that she's not planning on taking official visits until the fall.. She's already had unofficials at the NC schools, Georgia, SC and FSU. Probably will visit the rest this summer since she's not playing AAU ball and has the time...

Reaction Score
Darn!!!

Never thought she was heading to UConn................she's made it very clear by her comments that she wants nothing to do with the Northeast weather...........also sensed that her personality type didn't necessarily match that of a typical UConn recruit........

Reaction Score
So the only recruits that we are still pursuing from 2018 is Christyn Williams and ONO?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Never thought she was heading to UConn......she's made it very clear by her comments that she wants nothing to do with the Northeast weather......also sensed that her personality type didn't necessarily match that of a typical UConn recruit...
I liked what I read about her skills and was hopeful.

Someone please tell her that Gampel is heated.

Reaction Score
I liked what I read about her skills and was hopeful.

Someone please tell her that Gampel is heated.

I think she once mentioned that temperatures in the mid 50's were really just too much for her.........I have a feeling she's deciding between Baylor and South Carolina

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
How does one have a top 4 and still have a top 9? Are the other five there in case the first four dissolve their basketball programs?
Well, if the coaches of the other non-top 4 schools want to continue recruiting her, they now realize they are behind and no better than #5 on her list. She already took an official visit to South Carolina. So, that only leaves 4 more officials; you would think Louisville, Ohio State, and Baylor get official visits. One more school can try hard to crack that top 5 and give themselves a chance, but it would seem to be an uphill battle, IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom