U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 51 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Reaction Score
I believe CW will have just as big an impact as Megan Williams on which ever school she chooses.....she would be nothing short of unstoppable under Geno's system

Who's Megan Williams??

Reaction Score

Nice to see such grounded kids..........something tells me that Wendell isn't going to be getting his degree from Duke any time soon........he's projected as a one and done like more and more of Coach K's kids seem to be these days........

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Nice to see such grounded kids.....something tells me that Wendell isn't going to be getting his degree from Duke any time soon...he's projected as a one and done like more and more of Coach K's kids seem to be these days...
That's a problem with men's one and done. I do like that Evina looks like a real good one both on and off the court.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
From all of the articles, posts and comments I've read on Nelson-Ododa, it appears that she can be the final chess piece that almost insures a deep, winning and talent laden team for Geno and staff the next 5 years. I'm very impressed with this young lady. I read everything I can on her. I sincerely hope that the staff goes after Nelson-Ododa with the same sincerity and vigor that they employed in courting Megan Walker. I hope she's high on their wish list. Nelson-Ododa would be a huge get for UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nice to see such grounded kids.....something tells me that Wendell isn't going to be getting his degree from Duke any time soon...he's projected as a one and done like more and more of Coach K's kids seem to be these days...
I'm so glad you said "any time soon" because several of Coach K players (one and done) have committed to and actually gone back and completed degrees.
NBA star Kyrie Irving changes course, puts Duke degree on hold despite previous commitment

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
From all of the articles, posts and comments I've read on Nelson-Ododa, it appears that she can be the final chess piece that almost insures a deep, winning and talent laden team for Geno and staff the next 5 years. I'm very impressed with this young lady. I read everything I can on her. I sincerely hope that the staff goes after Nelson-Ododa with the same sincerity and vigor that they employed in courting Megan Walker. I hope she's high on their wish list. Nelson-Ododa would be a huge get for UConn.
Do you know what schools she is considering?

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
According to ESPN, ONO's list of schools include: UConn, UCLA, Stanford, FSU & Georgia.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks, oldude.

Nelson-Ododa recently announced a list of 12.

South Carolina, Notre Dame, UConn, Georgia, Maryland, Tennessee, Duke, North Carolina, Florida State, Ohio State, UCLA and Stanford.

Reaction Score
Lots of talk about ONO down in Knoxville too as well as South Carolina. I hear from a lot of supposed insiders that SC is the most likely landing spot for her but of course who knows how much truth is in that belief.

Some fun facts/connections... She is the sister-in-law of Dearica Hamby who is also close to the DeShields family. Dearica and Diamond played at Norcross for Angie Hembree, Maya Moore's high school coach at Collins Hill. ONO trains with Kelley Cain as well.

Olivia will likely be one of the last to commit from the top of the 2018 class as I believe she has stated her intent to take all her visits. Of course that could always change.

I think Tennessee's two biggest targets are Nicolletti and Decosta right now. We have been high on Decosta's list from the beginning and Nicolletti is thought to be down to Florida State and Tennessee. She is visiting FSU this month and Tennessee in June.

I think Christyn ends up in Storrs... which makes me sad.
;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Andrea Aquino in the top 10 and ranked ahead of Sedona Prince and Shakira Austin...shocking..

I saw that coming a mile away the minute ESPNw posted that article about her a few months ago... whenever they do that for a player that player is either about to take a big leap in the rankings or already has.

Reaction Score
Andrea Aquino in the top 10 and ranked ahead of Sedona Prince and Shakira Austin...shocking..

Yes something I just commented on in the other thread. It's to my understanding that you live in the Tri-State area Charlie and have seen a lot of these young ladies play. Is she really a top 10 recruit and better then Austin and Prince??

Reaction Score
Yes something I just commented on in the other thread. It's to my understanding that you live in the Tri-State area Charlie and have seen a lot of these young ladies play. Is she really a top 10 recruit and better then Austin and Prince??

I'm going to brag a little and say that my daughter has played against a few of the girls on the 18/19 lists and Aquino was the least impressive by a mile..........that said, our friend Dillon saw her later in the season and said that she had made great improvements in her game..........I've only seen Austin and Prince on video and clearly the Aquino that I saw my daughter drive right past for several layups was the weakest of the three............frankly I'd be a bit concerned that she might not be allowed to stay in the country after all of the shady dealings by her high school coaches who may go up on human trafficking charges

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lots of talk about ONO down in Knoxville too as well as South Carolina. I hear from a lot of supposed insiders that SC is the most likely landing spot for her but of course who knows how much truth is in that belief.

Some fun facts/connections... She is the sister-in-law of Dearica Hamby who is also close to the DeShields family. Dearica and Diamond played at Norcross for Angie Hembree, Maya Moore's high school coach at Collins Hill. ONO trains with Kelley Cain as well.

Olivia will likely be one of the last to commit from the top of the 2018 class as I believe she has stated her intent to take all her visits. Of course that could always change.

I think Tennessee's two biggest targets are Nicolletti and Decosta right now. We have been high on Decosta's list from the beginning and Nicolletti is thought to be down to Florida State and Tennessee. She is visiting FSU this month and Tennessee in June.

I think Christyn ends up in Storrs... which makes me sad.
;)
I'm happy that you are sad.

Reaction Score
I'm going to brag a little and say that my daughter has played against a few of the girls on the 18/19 lists and Aquino was the least impressive by a mile.....that said, our friend Dillon saw her later in the season and said that she had made great improvements in her game.....I've only seen Austin and Prince on video and clearly the Aquino that I saw my daughter drive right past for several layups was the weakest of the three..frankly I'd be a bit concerned that she might not be allowed to stay in the country after all of the shady dealings by her high school coaches who may go up on human trafficking charges

Thanks for the response. I heard many stories about how Aquino got out hustled and out played by players much smaller then her and how her footwork and post moves needed ALOT of work. This past weekend at the Boo Williams EYBL invitational I got a chance to see both Prince and Austin play. Prince has improved considerably since the last time I've seen her. She is in better shape, her post moves and mobility is solid, and she now has a capable Jumpshot from 12' out to the 3 point line. Austin is a much different player. She plays with a lot of confidence and heart. Her stamina needs work though but when she's going hard she's a very good player. Tough rebounder and has a nice shot out to the three point line as well. Both Prince and Austin seem like a notch below Charli Collier, Nalyssa Smith, and ONO but they are still very good and seem to be better then Ms. Aquino.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom