U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 52 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Thanks for the response. I heard many stories about how Aquino got out hustled and out played by players much smaller then her and how her footwork and post moves needed ALOT of work. This past weekend at the Boo Williams EYBL invitational I got a chance to see both Prince and Austin play. Prince has improved considerably since the last time I've seen her. She is in better shape, her post moves and mobility is solid, and she now has a capable Jumpshot from 12' out to the 3 point line. Austin is a much different player. She plays with a lot of confidence and heart. Her stamina needs work though but when she's going hard she's a very good player. Tough rebounder and has a nice shot out to the three point line as well. Both Prince and Austin seem like a notch below Charli Collier, Nalyssa Smith, and ONO but they are still very good and seem to be better then Ms. Aquino.

Aquino's best attribute is that she runs the floor well for someone her size, she also has a decent mid range game but I didn't even see here attempt anything down low which was rather strange since our tallest post player was only 5'10".............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nice to see Charli Collier move back up the rankings. It seems to me that she was #1 or #2 a couple years back and then dropped to 7 last year for some unknown reason.
Keeping fingers crossed that the Huskies can pull off another 1-2 sweep reminiscent of Stewie & Mo.
Hell, why stop there? Go 1, 2,3 as in Williams, Collier, Nelson-Ododa.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's disconcerting that she says it was great to see SC win the title.

When you think about it, contemplating her likely nick name, Od-Oh!, is pretty awful. All kidding aside, so many have her going South, and that remark certainly lends support.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Disconcerting for we UConn lovers. A big Yippee! from Dawn fans. I say, think well, choose wisely, damn to any regrets.

Reaction Score
Disconcerting for we UConn lovers. A big Yippee! from Dawn fans. I say, think well, choose wisely, damn to any regrets.

If she is a true teen--without outside influences---wait until tomorrow her view will change. Also there is the : she is entitled to hold the view that USC winning was a good thing---she'd be in a lot of company. And, none of that is written in any agreement or contract as of yet. When she says no to Geno--then we can think of what she meant.

Jordy---Damn the torpedo's full speed ahead---if she come to Uconn great--if not maybe greater---I never miss that which I didn't have.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Prospects Nation updated and expanded its 2018 rankings. They have a very nice write-up on Collier who remains #1. Christyn Williams still #3.

Coming into every spring the talk is if the prior No. 1 will remain the same with so much time past since fall ball. For Charli Collier, the answer is ‘heck no’. The 6-foot-4 post swatted away all comers when it came to her top ranking in the class. With either lens -- projection or production – Collier is the choice this Spring. She has continued to develop her game each season which only elevates the projections of where her game can go in college.

“Consistency is the name of the game with Collier,” Keil Moore, ProspectsNation.com Director of Scouting, said. “She has developed into a dominant scorer and has become one of the most consistently productive players we have evaluated in years.”

On that production front, the stat line from the Nike GEYBL’s first stop – 16.2 points and 7.2 rebounds – is arguably the best on that circuit. And this while being on one of the deepest rosters in the country where she is surrounded by scorers and capable rebounders.

2018 ELITE 150 Expansion | Prospects Nation

2018 Ranked Players | Prospects Nation

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Prospects Nation updated and expanded its 2018 rankings. They have a very nice write-up on Collier who remains #1. Christyn Williams still #3.

Coming into every spring the talk is if the prior No. 1 will remain the same with so much time past since fall ball. For Charli Collier, the answer is ‘heck no’. The 6-foot-4 post swatted away all comers when it came to her top ranking in the class. With either lens -- projection or production – Collier is the choice this Spring. She has continued to develop her game each season which only elevates the projections of where her game can go in college.

“Consistency is the name of the game with Collier,” Keil Moore, ProspectsNation.com Director of Scouting, said. “She has developed into a dominant scorer and has become one of the most consistently productive players we have evaluated in years.”

On that production front, the stat line from the Nike GEYBL’s first stop – 16.2 points and 7.2 rebounds – is arguably the best on that circuit. And this while being on one of the deepest rosters in the country where she is surrounded by scorers and capable rebounders.

2018 ELITE 150 Expansion | Prospects Nation

2018 Ranked Players | Prospects Nation

I'm really happy for Charli. Her late father would be proud.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Christyn Williams has apparently added Tennessee to her final list of schools, putting the total number at six.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Christyn Williams has apparently added Tennessee to her final list of schools, putting the total number at six.

Scratch that. Make it Texas as the school added. She already had Tennessee on her previous list.

She talked to the Inside Tennessee site about her recruitment....

Online chatter has indicated that Williams will go to Connecticut – speculation fueled in part because one of her close friends, Lexi Gordon, a wing from Fort Worth, Texas, signed with the Huskies last November and will be a freshman this season. Williams has heard the chatter.

“It doesn’t annoy me, but it is kind of like, ‘Why do you say that?’ They say, ‘You are going to UConn’ instead of, ‘Where are you going,’ ” Williams said. “I am used to it now. At first it kind of annoyed me. But I am genuinely undecided. I don’t know where I am going because I haven’t visited all of my schools yet so I can’t really make a decision.”

Reaction Score
Scratch that. Make it Texas as the school added. She already had Tennessee on her previous list.

Online chatter has indicated that Williams will go to Connecticut – speculation fueled in part because one of her close friends, Lexi Gordon, a wing from Fort Worth, Texas, signed with the Huskies last November and will be a freshman this season. Williams has heard the chatter.

“It doesn’t annoy me, but it is kind of like, ‘Why do you say that?’ They say, ‘You are going to UConn’ instead of, ‘Where are you going,’ ” Williams said. “I am used to it now. At first it kind of annoyed me. But I am genuinely undecided. I don’t know where I am going because I haven’t visited all of my schools yet so I can’t really make a decision.”

That attitude is nothing new, Christyn has been denying her UConn lean for over a year now.......that's why I have been saying there's a good possibility that she will not end up in Storrs.........sad but true.....................

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
That attitude is nothing new, Christyn has been denying her UConn lean for over a year now..that's why I have been saying there's a good possibility that she will not end up in Storrs....sad but true......

I mean... she did have the picture of UConn's national championship trophies in Geno's office as her twitter profile header for like 6 months... what did she expect at that point?

I still think it's UConn for her but I wouldn't be surprised if that guard situation forces her to give another school a hard look/commitment. This will be the most interesting recruitment in the top 10 of the 2018 class IMO.. I kinda have an idea where everybody else is going (or leaning).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

She talked to the Inside Tennessee site about her recruitment....

That Tennessee writer is something else. That's the hope; Williams will be so annoyed by the UConn chatter that she won't pick UConn. It's one thing to post that on a message board but it's quite another to work message board chatter into an interview. Maybe she'll be annoyed by the suggestion she should be annoyed.

Reaction Score
I mean... she did have the picture of UConn's national championship trophies in Geno's office as her twitter profile header for like 6 months... what did she expect at that point?

I still think it's UConn for her but I wouldn't be surprised if that guard situation forces her to give another school a hard look/commitment. This will be the most interesting recruitment in the top 10 of the 2018 class IMO.. I kinda have an idea where everybody else is going (or leaning).

Correct but that was right after her visit to UConn...........she clearly was enthralled with the school at first but as time went on she started to distance herself from that, often mentioning other schools that she might consider............I would say there's about a 50% chance she'll end up at UConn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom