Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
always liked Danni Williams....kind of a streaky shooter but really competitive and tough as nails.......I'm not sure what this says about Geno's bench or perhaps I should say his confidence in them.....still a long shot that either of these two end up at UConn but I could certainly see some disappointment from the kids already here...
Agree, but the returning bench players might just “buckle their chin straps” and compete for a position.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
always liked Danni Williams....kind of a streaky shooter but really competitive and tough as nails.......I'm not sure what this says about Geno's bench or perhaps I should say his confidence in them.....still a long shot that either of these two end up at UConn but I could certainly see some disappointment from the kids already there...

Yeah, but it's a year. Everybody gets a shot at earning their time. Do you see Geno gaurantying either of them a starting role?

Reaction Score
Yeah, but it's a year. Everybody gets a shot at earning their time. Do you see Geno gaurantying either of them a starting role?

I don’t think he would guarantee playing time, I think everyone knows Azura came off the bench this year. So, they should have no expectations of starting, coming in.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
on a one year shot I'd say if the coach can't guarantee me minutes I'm not coming..
As I said before, these are 2 smart young ladies. Any coach that guarantees them playing time is full of $@&#, and they will know it. Besides, if all they’re after is PT, why not stay at A&M where it’s guaranteed?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As I said before, these are 2 smart young ladies. Any coach that guarantees them playing time is full of $@&#, and they will know it. Besides, if all they’ve after is PT, why not stay at A&M where it’s guaranteed?

Def agree with this

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Wow! Huge news. I’m already excited about Howard. But Williams could provide some much needed insurance at the 2 guard with Kia graduating, Mikayla’s health status and CW only a freshman. I love the idea of a package deal.

One last thought, with at least two A&M players looking to transfer from what would otherwise be a strong contender to win the SEC next year, I have to wonder if there isn’t a problem in Aggie-land. Specifically, do players on the team have a problem with freshman Chennedy Carter essentially being given the opportunity to dominate the ball on offense while taking off defensive possessions?

Really good points. Aggies went 26-10 overall, lost to ND by six points and -- if they had all come back -- would play against MSU, SC and Tenn. teams that have lost key players to graduation. Really has got to make you wonder.

It always struck me that Gary Blair was the kind of coach who could do more with less...maybe having "more" this year (Ms. Carter) has him out of his comfort zone.

Reaction Score
As I said before, these are 2 smart young ladies. Any coach that guarantees them playing time is full of $@&#, and they will know it. Besides, if all they’ve after is PT, why not stay at A&M where it’s guaranteed?

like a first grade report card............it seems apparent that Chennedy Carter does not play well with others.........

Dillon77

Reaction Score
For those that wanted to know who was going to replace Kia, Williams a pretty defensive stopper.

In the few league games I've seen her play, I'd generally agree that she's a good defensive player. Unfortunately, the Aggies got into a track meet against ND, losing 90-84, and whatever defense they were playing neglected to cover Mabrey, who went off for 7 three-pointers against them. And they were not all in transition (although I will admit a few were shot from Idaho they were so far out...)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am clearly in the minority but I worry about bringing in relatively big name players for 1 year who played their whole college career elsewhere. It has to be a very difficult adjustment to change cultures and irregardless of being told beforehand that it is an open competition, if they are not a significant part of the team rotation, I think there would be undercurrents of disappointment. I was less concerned for Anriel since she is an energy offensive rebounder that can make her own shots out of effort but I think Williams may be harder to integrate.

There is also a part of me that feels this is very mercenary (not a reputation I want for UConn) and I would rather try to get our holes filled with our developing students. When it was just Anriel, I could justify it with the loss of Z and Gabby and the health concerns of Batouly but it is harder for me to justify Williams.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
always liked Danni Williams....kind of a streaky shooter but really competitive and tough as nails.......I'm not sure what this says about Geno's bench or perhaps I should say his confidence in them.....still a long shot that either of these two end up at UConn but I could certainly see some disappointment from the kids already there...

Oh boy, we're doing it again (thinking along the same lines). Agree with all points. But, Me -- an ND fan -- was absolutely getting sad at the thought of Molly Bent being pushed back in the pecking order because of a possible transferring Aggie buckaroo (if there is such a thing). :confused:
Life sure is interesting these days in WCBB.

Reaction Score
Huge indeed!

The new transfer rules, and the success of Stevens as a graduate transfer, could really open up the floodgates for UConn to land some really good talent to fill certain gaps in the roster. I just think the opportunities will be too irresistible for too many good players.
Opinions differ. I don't hink this is good news at all. I have much enjoyed women's basketball over men's because there isn't any of this one and done; or, leave without getting a degree. Transferring in like these postgraduates is same thing as jumping the line at the ticket office.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My son is 23 and makes his living as an engineer. I still sent him his Easter candy and make sure he’s not burying himself in work. A Mom is always a Mom.
My son is 34 and an engineer, and my wife still sends him Easter candy every year. Must be one of those rules listed in the “How to be a good mom” handbook.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
like a first grade report card..it seems apparent that Chennedy Carter does not play well with others....
Having watched A&M play several times this season, I did wonder about the team dynamic. Carter would often come flying down court to throw up a shot and then frequently loaf back on defense while her 4 teammates were hustling all over the court, playing 4 on 5.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I am clearly in the minority but I worry about bringing in relatively big name players for 1 year who played their whole college career elsewhere. It has to be a very difficult adjustment to change cultures and irregardless of being told beforehand that it is an open competition, if they are not a significant part of the team rotation, I think there would be undercurrents of disappointment. I was less concerned for Anriel since she is an energy offensive rebounder that can make her own shots out of effort but I think Williams may be harder to integrate.

There is also a part of me that feels this is very mercenary (not a reputation I want for UConn) and I would rather try to get our holes filled with our developing students. When it was just Anriel, I could justify it with the loss of Z and Gabby and the health concerns of Batouly but it is harder for me to justify Williams.

So it's okay to be half a mercenary (Howard only)? Notre Dame was very mercenary and hoisted the national championship trophy. It doesn't seem like their fans are troubled at all by that.

When you're entering the final season for players the caliber of Lou and Napheesa, you do what you need to do to maximize your chances of winning another championship. Howard and Williams would clearly help achieve that goal. From all accounts both Howard and Williams are great persons and teammates. Howard was awarded A&M's MVP and Miss Hustle awards. Williams won the prestigious Miss Aggie award. UConn would be very fortunate to get either or both of them if only for one season.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That would actually be a simian, sir....:rolleyes:
Something like this maybe?

images

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads