Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up | The Boneyard

Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Potential Texas A&M graduate transfers eye UConn

"Forward Anriel Howard, the Aggies' leading rebounder this past season, and guard Danni Williams, their second-leading scorer, are planning on visiting the Storrs campus this weekend, according to a pair of sources. The New Haven Register's Jim Fuller confirmed Howard's trip and added she has already visited Florida State and will tentatively travel to Mississippi State, Tennessee and a fifth school to be determined.

Both Howard and Williams are in line to receive their degrees from Texas A&M in three years and would be immediately eligible as graduate transfers for their final season. UConn has not had a graduate transfer."

Reaction Score
Just a hunch on my part, this may be the result of the "Chennedy Carter" effect. Carter takes 30% (673) of the FGA to Williams 20% (441) to Anriel's 15.5% (347)...of a total of 2250 FGA taken by team.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wow! Huge news. I’m already excited about Howard. But Williams could provide some much needed insurance at the 2 guard with Kia graduating, Mikayla’s health status and CW only a freshman. I love the idea of a package deal.

One last thought, with at least two A&M players looking to transfer from what would otherwise be a strong contender to win the SEC next year, I have to wonder if there isn’t a problem in Aggie-land. Specifically, do players on the team have a problem with freshman Chennedy Carter essentially being given the opportunity to dominate the ball on offense while taking off defensive possessions?

Reaction Score
Huge indeed!

The new transfer rules, and the success of Stevens as a graduate transfer, could really open up the floodgates for UConn to land some really good talent to fill certain gaps in the roster. I just think the opportunities will be too irresistible for too many good players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As I watched TX A&M this past season I thought that Chennedy Carter dominated the offense and hindered the TEAM aspect.
She's a great talent but she brings several problems also!
She reminds me of Diamond DeShields at NoCar & TN where she could dominate but the rest of the team turns into spectators!
I think before Carter graduates she's going to create more trouble for HC Gary Blair!

Fishbone

Chief Lurker
Reaction Score
Huge indeed!

The new transfer rules, and the success of Stevens as a graduate transfer, could really open the floodgates for UConn to land some really good talent to fill certain gaps in the roster. I just think the opportunities will be too irresistible for too many good players.
Stevens was not a graduate transfer (undergraduate transfer and sat out one year). New transfer rules have not been implemented

Reaction Score
Wow! Huge news. I’m already excited about Howard. But Williams could provide some much needed insurance at the 2 guard with Kia graduating, Mikayla’s health status and CW only a freshman. I love the idea of a package deal.

One last thought, with at least two A&M players looking to transfer from what would otherwise be a strong contender to win the SEC next year, I have to wonder if there isn’t a problem in Aggie-land. Specifically, do players on the team have a problem with freshman Chennedy Carter essentially being given the opportunity to dominate the ball on offense while taking off defensive possessions?

I will supersede your "one last thought" with this one, I was also thinking in same line as the "package deal", has this now become a "twofer" or still a mix-n-match? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As for transfer player/ student players, joining a new team is like joining a new family! Every team has a different flow & different values ! To learn it all in 1 year of playing & training. Good Luck!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I guess next year Notre Dame will be able to get beating Texas A&M and UConn out of the way in a single game rather than 2.

:p
Ouch...true but just remember, "heavy is the head that wears the crown" as with the addition back of Turner and the recruits, you will be expected to run the table so MM can't play the "underdog, no respect role"...

Reaction Score
I guess next year Notre Dame will be able to get beating Texas A&M and UConn out of the way in a single game rather than 2.

Damn. Got a laugh out of me despite my best efforts.;)
Hope you get your just reward :)

Reaction Score

If these players had problems with Carter taking the spotlight over them, what makes you believe they would not also have a problem with Samuelson, Collier and Dangerfield taking the spotlight instead? I can understand players leaving a program due to lack of playing time, or not meshing with the coaches, but that isn't the case here. If they really just don't want to play with Carter, that is one thing, but some of you are assuming that Carter or other dominant players like Deshields or Mitchell are difficult and/or selfish players and no teammate in their right mind would want to play with them. Would you have wanted people on your team who didn't want to play with someone like Taurasi - who was the dominant player on your team for a couple of seasons? Sometimes offenses are built around one player in particular for good reason (think Baylor and Griner). As for leaving A&M just to win a championship, as we have seen for the last two seasons, there is no guarantee they will win one by transferring to UConn. These players could be a great fit for UConn next season or a total disaster - and remember, you only get them for one year. RU had a great experience with Gia Greene, but IMO it pays to remember caveat emptor (Let the buyer beware).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Hahahahahaha, you rat.

Reaction Score
Potential Texas A&M graduate transfers eye UConn

"Forward Anriel Howard, the Aggies' leading rebounder this past season, and guard Danni Williams, their second-leading scorer, are planning on visiting the Storrs campus this weekend, according to a pair of sources. The New Haven Register's Jim Fuller confirmed Howard's trip and added she has already visited Florida State and will tentatively travel to Mississippi State, Tennessee and a fifth school to be determined.

Both Howard and Williams are in line to receive their degrees from Texas A&M in three years and would be immediately eligible as graduate transfers for their final season. UConn has not had a graduate transfer."

At least they can’t leave us early no?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If these players had problems with Carter taking the spotlight over them, what makes you believe they would not also have a problem with Samuelson, Collier and Dangerfield taking the spotlight instead? I can understand players leaving a program due to lack of playing time, or not meshing with the coaches, but that isn't the case here. If they really just don't want to play with Carter, that is one thing, but some of you are assuming that Carter or other dominant players like Deshields or Mitchell are difficult and/or selfish players and no teammate in their right mind would want to play with them. Would you have wanted people on your team who didn't want to play with someone like Taurasi - who was the dominant player on your team for a couple of seasons? Sometimes offenses are built around one player in particular for good reason (think Baylor and Griner). As for leaving A&M just to win a championship, as we have seen for the last two seasons, there is no guarantee they will win one by transferring to UConn. These players could be a great fit for UConn next season or a total disaster - and remember, you only get them for one year. RU had a great experience with Gia Greene, but IMO it pays to remember caveat emptor (Let the buyer beware).
You misunderstand my point. This has nothing to do with the spotlight. It’s about teamwork and playing with a freshman wunderkind who seldom passes and then dogs it on defense when she’s tired.

At UConn, everyone passes the ball and plays tough defense, or they don’t play at all. That will be like a breath of fresh air for the A&M grads.

Reaction Score
always liked Danni Williams...................kind of a streaky shooter but really competitive and tough as nails.................I'm not sure what this says about Geno's bench or perhaps I should say his confidence in them..........still a long shot that either of these two end up at UConn but I could certainly see some disappointment from the kids already there........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom