Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Bad sign that we dont have a verbal commitment from either yet.
I suspect that Geno would discuss with his staff and the team today prior to making any offers.

Reaction Score
Seriously????
agree with your "Seriously????" I think there should be a question mark or 2 instead of a statement. There is lots of time, and I suspect many i's to be dotted and t's to cross before either side of the process is sure what they want to do. Like a good wine it takes time to mature.

Reaction Score
agree with your "Seriously????" I think there should be a question mark or 2 instead of a statement. There is lots of time, and I suspect many i's to be dotted and t's to cross before either side of the process is sure what they want to do. Like a good wine it takes time to mature.
I just assumed that a player wouldn’t announce until she graduates, that’s only a few more weeks.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Bad sign that we dont have a verbal commitment from either yet.
Oral commitments are not required and are not, in fact, recognized by any governing body. They're just talk. I could orally commit to UConn if I want.

Did either player tell Geno she wants to be here? I don't know but if either did, she certainly isn't required to announce it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The SEC's by-laws do not allow immediate eligibility for intra-conference graduate transfers. There is a waiver process, however, so Dawn could get another shot at a waiver and this time before a friendlier audience.

Reaction Score
The SEC's by-laws do not allow immediate eligibility for intra-conference graduate transfers. There is a waiver process, however, so Dawn could get another shot at a waiver and this time before a friendlier audience.
That law has been changed, I believe a couple of years ago at their spring meetings. This past year a number of SEC grad transfers played immediately on various football teams. So I think they can in basketball also.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That law has been changed, I believe a couple of years ago at their spring meetings. This past year a number of SEC grad transfers played immediately on various football teams. So I think they can in basketball also.

The by-laws that included some odd academic requirements for grad transfers were eliminated last summer and those changes allowed some football grad transfers from non-SEC schools to play immediately, e.g., Malik Zaire from ND to Florida. The SEC, however, decided not to change the requirement that intra-conference grad transfers sit a year unless a waiver is granted.

Maybe the SEC will take up the intra-conference grad transfer issue again this spring.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After the whirlwind tour, I'll be really surprised if both of the A&M players don't stay down South........I for one am looking forward to seeing the sophs and freshmen getting to learn as they play..............regardless of what happens next season they will be far more prepared when KLS and Napheesa are no longer there to keep them afloat........ .

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
After the whirlwind tour, I'll be really surprised if both of the A&M players don't stay down South...I for one am looking forward to seeing the sophs and freshmen getting to learn as they play....regardless of what happens next season they will far more prepared when KLS and Napheesa are no longer there to keep them afloat... .
To some degree, it may depend on whether or not UConn actually offers either one or both of them scholarships, which I don’t necessarily believe is a given.

Geno and his staff have to be assessing the potential value of bringing in 1-2 hired guns for a year, vs playing the hand they have, with the potential for significant development of MW, Touly, Mikayla, the 2 freshmen, etc.

Reaction Score
You have to adapt or get left behind. It would be fantastic to get one, even better if they got both. There is room for both, and that, along with the two freshmen, and an improved Megan Walker, would put UConn back in contention for a National Title. There's no question Notre Dame will be favored to win. Maybe that's what UConn needs, not to be the favorite.

Reaction Score
You have to adapt or get left behind. It would be fantastic to get one, even better if they got both. There is room for both, and that, along with the two freshmen, and an improved Megan Walker, would put UConn back in contention for a National Title. There's no question Notre Dame will be favored to win. Maybe that's what UConn needs, not to be the favorite.
Frankly I have to agree... although this is contrary to "normal" operations for UConn WBB. Geno and Staff know there are areas that could/should be helped; thus they entertained Howard and Williams for a visit. The departures of Z (unexpected) and AEH (??) add two unplanned "holes" on the roster and opened scholarships for next season. We're not going to get any additional Top HS players for next season,... and I haven't heard about any JUCO transfers seeking out UConn or that UConn is considering. If a short gap "hired guns," as some call these two potential transfers, can help ... then why not take a shot. If we were certain that last year's bench could fill the holes left by the departures of Gabby, Kia and Z... then no need to have Howard and Williams make the trip. BUT, by all BYer's accounts and by minutes played last year, there doesn't seem to be any remedies on the current roster, except MW, potentially BC and Coombs, with KI and MB for spot relief. IMHO if Howard and/or Williams come to UConn, the Huskies get 2 players with proven WCBB level experience...they take crash course on UConn's offense/defense/philosophies and the chances for a long run toward the NC increase significantly. :)

Reaction Score
Question for those in the twitter, instagram universe or those that might be in the know like some of our Texas A& M fans:
We know A. Howard has a list of schools to be visited. Do we know if Danni Williams has plans to visit any other schools besides UCONN?
The impression I get is that Williams is not that serious about transferring but making the rounds with Howard. So I suspect she will accompany Howard to most of her visits but stay with the Aggies.

But that is absolute pure conjecture with no basis is reality.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The impression I get is that Williams is not that serious about transferring but making the rounds with Howard. So I suspect she will accompany Howard to most of her visits but stay with the Aggies.

I guess that's possible. But, Danni did not accompany Anriel on her first official visit to Florida State.

Reaction Score

Not sure Geno would waste his time and have a kid come on a visit if he didn’t atlest think there was a chance of the kid signing. Also since it looks like Williams was in town and not 100 % sure on Howard, I would think Uconn has higher chance to bring in Williams over Howard.

Reaction Score
I guess that's possible. But, Danni did not accompany Anriel on her first official visit to Florida State.
The question is did Williams make any visits on her own? I don't believe Williams has ever said she is leaving the Aggies. Blair has been real clear that he is comfortable with whatever it is that she is doing.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The question is did Williams make any visits on her own? I don't believe Williams has ever said she is leaving the Aggies. Blair has been real clear that he is comfortable with whatever it is that she is doing.
That is one questions but there are certainly others:
Q1: What the heck is going on inside the Texas A&M program that would cause not one but two rising seniors to suddenly want to "look around"?
A: Speculation on my part: Chennedy Carter's orbit has become more like a black hole that prevents her teammates talent from ever shining.
Q2: This concept of shopping around your talents is new, has anyone ever heard of a player who has done this before?
A: Taya Reimer left ND, changed her mind, came back and then left again for Michigan State. She is the only one I can think off.
Q3: Danni Williams and A. Howard by all accounts appear to be great kids and will surely get offered scholarship. Should they decide to leave, would they be "impact" transfers even at UCONN?
A: No. I am defining impact transfer to be a starter on a National Championship contending team. I realize that definition would exclude Azura Stevens but I still sticking with it.
Q4: Neither player has technically said they are leaving TA&M, but could either player be successfully reintegrated into the team without the remaining TA&M players feeling some type of way?
A: Doubtful. These are your seniors that were thinking about leaving-not a good look for your underclassmen to follow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom