Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up

Reaction Score
Here are some articles about the rule the SEC modified regarding graduate transfers, such as QB Malik Zaire from ND to Florida:

SEC changes graduate transfer rules to allow Malik Zaire to Florida

SEC changes graduate transfer rule opens door for Malik Zaire to Florida
Quoted: "The SEC's university leaders voted to change the APR rules for out-of-conference transfers to lower the probation from three years to one year. Previously, the rules prevented league schools from signing graduate transfers for three years if one did not earn all possible APR points."

The Zaire example is an "out of conference" case having to do with the University being on probation for two previous transfers not meeting APR requirements. I see no element of this example with any implication on Williams or Howard.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I addressed this a few days ago in this thread (I think). The academic requirements were eliminated but the SEC decided not to eliminate the 1 year residence requirement for intra-conference graduate transfers. Zaire transferred from a non-SEC school so didn't have to sit a year. A waiver process is available for grad transfers going from one SEC school to another.

The SEC may address the rule this spring.
You are correct. However the student-athletes cpould also ask the conference for a waver to allow them to play just like the Alabama defensive back who transferred to Georgia and received the waiver to play last year.

I suspect the SEC will again modify its stance this spring again and allow inter-conference transfers without a waiver despite Saban’s protestations.

I do know that the NCAA is considering having any Grad transfer be a scholarship commitment for 2 years and only reduced if the Grad transfer actually graduates with the degree before the fall semester of year 2. This is to prevent the abuse/scam on not getting an education.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Last time Uconn fans created a thread about Z transferring and if there was any Uconn interest, and then boom not only was she interested in Uconn, but she ended up at Uconn. Then there was a thread about Howard transferring and would she have interest in Uconn and boom she’s looking at Uconn. I wouldn’t be shocked if both Howard and Williams end up Huskies.
The concern I have and I am wondering what everyone else thinks is this:
When Butler, Camara and Stevens all transferred in, they got to practice for a year to see the system and yet neither Butler nor Camara saw significant quality minutes t(at first year when eligible to play. Even Z struggled this year on the defensive end and she is a very elite player. Howard is good but less skilled on offense and an unknown on defense. Danni Williams is playing a harder position in the UConn system at guard/point and I am not convinced either could be as impactful as being postulated.
I know some will qualify that both Butler and Camara suffered injuries and that held them back, however I still find that suspect. Thoughts?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The concern I have and I am wondering what everyone else thinks is this:
When Butler, Camara and Stevens all transferred in, they got to practice for a year to see the system and yet neither Butler nor Camara saw significant quality minutes t(at first year when eligible to play. Even Z struggled this year on the defensive end and she is a very elite player. Howard is good but less skilled on offense and an unknown on defense. Danni Williams is playing a harder position in the UConn system at guard/point and I am not convinced either could be as impactful as being postulated.
I know some will qualify that both Butler and Camara suffered injuries and that held them back, however I still find that suspect. Thoughts?
A thumb injury requiring surgery (Natalie) and a bone bruise in the knee (Batouly) are pretty significant injuries to overcome.
When healthy Natalie contributed most notably against Baylor and Texas. Batouly will also contribute once healthy.

Reaction Score
I don't see either one starting at first at least. And that may be the deciding factor. Can the accept possibly not starting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom