Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up

Reaction Score
At least they can’t leave us early no?
I think everyone has turned their " dream machines " back on. We are going to play with what we have. It is highly unlikely that
some, " Deus Ex Machina " will arrive to solve our " big person" ( lack of ) problem. Neither " Aggie" can hold a candle to Azura and she wasn't "enough," either. I realize it is nearly impossible to survive the off season, with no positive news on any front ( Sam going to ND, etc ), but dreaming of a solution is just going to add frustration, particularly when it becomes a nightmare.

Sweet dreams, anyway. See you in September.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
IMHO, this is all smoke and mirrors and nothing's going to happen.

The roster now is the roster that will start the season in November.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
To some degree, it may depend on whether or not UConn actually offers either one or both of them scholarships, which I don’t necessarily believe is a given.

Geno and his staff have to be assessing the potential value of bringing in 1-2 hired guns for a year, vs playing the hand they have, with the potential for significant development of MW, Touly, Mikayla, the 2 freshmen, etc.
I may be wrong, but I believe one player no one has mentioned will , when she masters the system, be a valuable asset to UCONN. Lexi Gordon has the offensive skills needed to be a very good player. If she gains strength and stamina, gets better defensively, and learns the system, she will be an above average player, imo.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A lot of folks will undersestimate the Lady Huskies now that the pre-season ranking is down 3 spots... Bodes well for us IMO

Not a chance. Beating UConn is the equivalent to winning a championship these days. Ask Mississippi State.

Reaction Score
Bad sign that we dont have a verbal commitment from either yet.

Not necessarily. If it's between South Carolina and UCONN, Howard may want to give Dawn Staley the courtesy of an interview. Geno probably has a clue which way this is going. Wouldn't be surprised if Geno advised her to talk to Staley. He wants her to be a Husky 100%

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not necessarily. If it's between South Carolina and UCONN, Howard may want to give Dawn Staley the courtesy of an interview. Geno probably has a clue which way this is going. Wouldn't be surprised if Geno advised her to talk to Staley. He wants her to be a Husky 100%

So it went something like this? Howard: "This feels so right. This is it for me.!" Geno: Hold on now. Hhold on. You should give serious consideration to Dawn's program and not be so hasty." Do I have that right?

Reaction Score
So it went something like this? Howard: "This feels so right. This is it for me.!" Geno: Hold on now. Hhold on. You should give serious consideration to Dawn's program and not be so hasty." Do I have that right?

I hear what your saying and if she were a 1st year recruit, Geno would not not be so patient. This is a skilled veteran who has the ability to catch up quickly. He wants her to be sure.
It's a huge life changing decision. My hope is she meets with Staley, then prays about it (she's a Christian like Gabby) and ultimately chooses UCONN. I don't believe Geno pushed her. Having outlined the reality of playing UCONN basketball, he probably told her to do what feels right for her, which will ultimately pay off for UCONN if that's what she decides.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Well it's not like Howard doesn't know who Dawn is or what she wants. So I highly doubt she will visit to be courteous. To be quite frank Howard recently just met Geno while Dawn has known her since she was in ninth grade. Anriel is also great friends with Te'a Cooper and Alexis Jennings. She and Jennings actually played on the same AAU club. Can't doubt Miss St, Fla St or the fifth party either. Anriel isn't a high school recruit who's just having fun with the process. I can guarantee you she's weighing her options carefully.

Reaction Score
Well it's not like Howard doesn't know who Dawn is or what she wants. So I highly doubt she will visit to be courteous. To be quite frank Howard recently just met Geno while Dawn has known her since she was in ninth grade. Anriel is also great friends with Te'a Cooper and Alexis Jennings. She and Jennings actually played on the same AAU club. Can't doubt Miss St, Fla St or the fifth party either. Anriel isn't a high school recruit who's just having fun with the process. I can guarantee you she's weighing her options carefully.

I hate to repeat myself but as nice as it would be to land Ms. Howard, I'll be shocked if she doesn't choose South Carolina or if not she will most likely remain in the South.........I'll be very happy to be wrong but not counting on it..........

Reaction Score
Last time Uconn fans created a thread about Z transferring and if there was any Uconn interest, and then boom not only was she interested in Uconn, but she ended up at Uconn. Then there was a thread about Howard transferring and would she have interest in Uconn and boom she’s looking at Uconn. I wouldn’t be shocked if both Howard and Williams end up Huskies.

Reaction Score

Of course she is weighing her options and I realize that being courteous is foreign to a number of posters on the Boneyard. From the looks of it Anriel seems like a class act. In my business career I have had to choose between several fierce competitors and after I made my selection took the time to discuss with the others what they did right or wrong and why I made the choice I did. Most of the time they thank me for my honesty and appreciated the information. We all sink or swim by the choices we make.

Reaction Score
Give me a break, this is happening because Miss. Stevens left the program early for the WNBA. We are a little short handed for post players this year. Stop all the whining, Please. This in no way is going to affect our recruiting, So stop crying !
My post had nothing to do with whining or any value judgement of whether this was a right or wrong course of action. Naturally if it were to happen it would be in response to some sort of change perceived necessary to the program. I am mearly stating a possible consequence. Every action has possible consequences. I saw it as a possible trade off. If Geno decides to take that route I am sure he will consider all the possible effects both positive and negative. Any change to the Uconn tradition ( in this case not relying on transfers) carries with it consequences.

Reaction Score
I will be surprised if Anriel or Danni end up at an SEC school because the SEC has a rule that even grad transfers within the conference must sit out 1 year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I will be surprised if Anriel or Danni end up at an SEC school because the SEC has a rule that even grad transfers within the conference must sit out 1 year.
The SEC modified it's Graduate Transfer Rule last year which allowed Malik Zaire from ND to transfer to Florida and start on the football team last fall...

Reaction Score
The SEC modified it's Graduate Transfer Rule last year which allowed Malik Zaire from ND to transfer to Florida and start on the football team last fall...
Zaire is a transfer from outside the conference... an interconference transfer. Howard/Williams transfers to an SEC school would be a transfer within the conference .... an intraconference transfer.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I addressed this a few days ago in this thread (I think). The academic requirements were eliminated but the SEC decided not to eliminate the 1 year residence requirement for intra-conference graduate transfers. Zaire transferred from a non-SEC school so didn't have to sit a year. A waiver process is available for grad transfers going from one SEC school to another.

The SEC may address the rule this spring.

Reaction Score
These girls as grad transfers can go to an SEC school and play easily. This past year, in terms of letter of the policy, they have taken an attitude to allow them to play immediately as long as the coach and or school had given them an unconditional release. Numerous football players transferred in conference and played immediately. One was a running back David Williams from South Carolina to Arkansas. Another was a linebacker from Alabama to Georgia. Ole miss had a couple also I believe. With football being the gold standard in this conference, they will most definitely allow the womens basketball teams to do this. Blair gave them unconditional releases thus they can easily choose in conference if they want to.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
These girls as grad transfers can go to an SEC school and play easily. This past year, in terms of letter of the policy, they have taken an attitude to allow them to play immediately as long as the coach and or school had given them an unconditional release. Numerous football players transferred in conference and played immediately. One was a running back David Williams from South Carolina to Arkansas. Another was a linebacker from Alabama to Georgia. Ole miss had a couple also I believe. With football being the gold standard in this conference, they will most definitely allow the womens basketball teams to do this. Blair gave them unconditional releases thus they can easily choose in conference if they want to.

it was because of football that the rule was maintained. Alabama, for example, opposed bringing the rule in line with the NCAA's policy. The rule change was proposed by Georgia last spring and not adopted. It may be that the waivers are routinely granted in these cases but one still must be sought. This may be all moot soon as the SEC may take up the rule again at its next round of meetings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom