Tweets from Practice | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Tweets from Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Since when did you become an AO Apologista?:cool:

Never been against the guy. I don't really have much opinion about him either way. Didn't care for the way he handled himself at times here, but I also recognize his importance to our 2011 run, eg did yeoman's work against Derek Williams in the NCAAs.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I couldn't disagree more. You need to really look at what Jeremy was doing by tourney time and then let me know if any of the guys you speak of would have hit this big 3's or those runners, jumped in passing lanes and flipped it forward for a dunk or 2? Giffey wasn't who he was last year at that point and DB wasn't close, just an experienced bench guy. JL was another ball handler also which was so important to the space Kemba was getting. AO played well in the tourney, stepped it up from the regular season no doubt but Jeremy was 2-3 levels up and making his name right there and then - he was special. Again, underrating JL I believe but everyone has an opinion.

Without AO, and only Chuck/Olander/Jamal Coombs-McDaniel and Roscoe, we would have given up 50 a game in the post. Derek Williams would have scored 100. Chuck/Olander would have fouled out with 15 to go; It would have been Roscoe and Giffey/Jamal Coombs-McDaniel at the C/PF spots.

Reaction Score
Without AO, and only Chuck/Olander/Jamal Coombs-McDaniel and Roscoe, we would have given up 50 a game in the post. Derek Williams would have scored 100. Chuck/Olander would have fouled out with 15 to go; It would have been Roscoe and Giffey/Jamal Coombs-McDaniel at the C/PF spots.

We could go on and on about each and every guy and "without Jeremy" and "without Bazz" so we can stop here and agree or kinda. But let's not make AO into Ricky Moore or anything because he wasn't or even close. Slow help defender if at all.....I would have to watch the game again but I'm thinking there was a lot more to Williams off game than AO. This is not coming from a guy thinking about the guy who left but the reality of the player he watched while a true Husky. AO was a key piece of the puzzle no matter.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Never been against the guy. I don't really have much opinion about him either way. Didn't care for the way he handled himself at times here, but I also recognize his importance to our 2011 run, eg did yeoman's work against Derek Williams in the NCAAs.
And here I thought you would catch my reference from the football forum and laugh. They use the word Apologista frequently. Started out, I believe, from the anti Edsall camp. I didn't expect you to answer my statement seriously.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And here I thought you would catch my reference from the football forum and laugh. They use the word Apologista frequently. Started out, I believe, from the anti Edsall camp. I didn't expect you to answer my statement seriously.

Sorry, don't visit the football forum.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We could go on and on about each and every guy and "without Jeremy" and "without Bazz" so we can stop here and agree or kinda. But let's not make AO into Ricky Moore or anything because he wasn't or even close. Slow help defender if at all.....I would have to watch the game again but I'm thinking there was a lot more to Williams off game than AO. This is not coming from a guy thinking about the guy who left but the reality of the player he watched while a true Husky. AO was a key piece of the puzzle no matter.

Would much rather talk about practice bit there's no reports! What are you going to do?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Would much rather talk about practice bit there's no reports! What are you going to do?
I'm just killing time until Mack announces! Better to be with a bunch of misfits while waiting then doing chores.

Reaction Score

AO was very important, no doubt, but if I'm remembering correctly, Roscoe played a bigger role in defending Derrick Williams - I'm not sure AO spent any time on him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
AO was very important, no doubt, but if I'm remembering correctly, Roscoe played a bigger role in defending Derrick Williams - I'm not sure AO spent any time on him.

Only used DW as a tool for hyperbole. Clearly should have used somebody else.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So let me understand this...When Diaco says it, he's being earth-crunchy kumbaya boy, but when Ollie extolls similar virtues, he's being profound? Interesting.

I missed the part where someone said he was being profound, but I'd say maybe - just maybe - Ollie's gained some cred in the last 6 or 7 months that Diaco hasn't earned yet?

Reaction Score
So let me understand this...When Diaco says it, he's being earth-crunchy kumbaya boy, but when Ollie extolls similar virtues, he's being profound? Interesting.
Not following your point here.....Ollie just won the National Championship in his first try, the Diaco coached UConn football team might be the worst team in D1 football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom