Tweets from Practice | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Tweets from Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I missed the part where someone said he was being profound, but I'd say maybe - just maybe - Ollie's gained some cred in the last 6 or 7 months that Diaco hasn't earned yet?
Not following your point here.....Ollie just won the National Championship in his first try, the Diaco coached UConn football team might be the worst team in D1 football.
Don't give me that crap. Ollie was spouting the same stuff in '12-'13.

The only difference is that Ollie had a hand in recruiting about 40% of his first year roster. Diaco is traversing the Atlantic in a dingy.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Really, Mrs. Diaco, that's the only difference?
Completely unoriginal, but at least you're not very amusing. So you got that going for you.

Reaction Score
Completely unoriginal, but at least you're not very amusing. So you got that going for you.

Not sure why you're so angry. Not a single person in this thread commented on Ollie's statements being "profound." You made that up yourself.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Not sure why you're so angry. Not a single person in this thread commented on Ollie's statements being "profound." You made that up yourself.
I suppose you have to read the football board to understand.

Reaction Score
The profound thing was dumb to mention IMO but it's clear what you're getting at.

Everyone should agree that it's great both are trying to develop a brotherhood. People are going to rip the guy whose down; you can be sure a few folks threw jabs at KO post-Texas trip. Success is the biggest factor.

KO also has a way with words that Diaco hasn't matched yet. While KO is taking the stairs and is ten toes in, Diaco is flipping rocks and finding fungus. One is inspiring and one is just silly. I think KO is also more direct with his answers while Diaco rarely veers away from coach speak.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ollie preaches love and the fans love it because we love winning. Diaco preaches love and the fans don't love it because we don't love losing. It really is that simple.

That's 100% accurate. You can pick dingleberries from you butt crack every press conference if you go to a bowl game every year.

Reaction Score
KO also was left with good players, some great while HCBD was left with a steamy pile of dog *!

The fans who expect more are delusional - it would have been like our basketball fans expecting JC ti win with greg Economou running the show and a walk on soccer player seeing solid minutes in the 80's.........:rolleyes:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I suppose you have to read the football board to understand.
This was your failure. You made statements assuming many in this forum go over to the football board. They don't and were confused by your premise.

The profound thing was dumb to mention IMO but it's clear what you're getting at.

Everyone should agree that it's great both are trying to develop a brotherhood. People are going to rip the guy whose down; you can be sure a few folks threw jabs at KO post-Texas trip. Success is the biggest factor.

KO also has a way with words that Diaco hasn't matched yet. While KO is taking the stairs and is ten toes in, Diaco is flipping rocks and finding fungus. One is inspiring and one is just silly. I think KO is also more direct with his answers while Diaco rarely veers away from coach speak.

Totally agree with your first two statements. Not sure about your last premise. KO got instant credibility with the win in Germany and the great start. Had he gone through the same adversity Diaco is going through the "ten toes in" and "taking the stairs" statements would have been considered silly and severely criticized by most in this forum as opposed to a minority.

When I observe the commentary of coaches I factor in situations surrounding the statements as much as the statements themselves. There is no way anyone will please the vast majority of the fan base with the results of the football team. And with those results it's human nature to want to crucify him. I'm not getting this from you, but you and @Husky25 know what I mean because we do go over to that forum.

Diaco has to walk a fine line between keeping the fan base involved even as he knows the situation is near hopeless in the short term (at least I hope it's only short term). If he's quiet, the same people laughing at him for his cheerleading will criticize him for not speaking more to the fans. If he's only positive, people will throw him under the bus for not being honest. If he's critical people will say he's bringing down moral.

The biggest problem is that most of us lack patience. We insist on immediate results. In some situations, like the one KO inherited you get them. In others, like Diaco inherited, pain is much longer in duration. The one question all of us are asking is whether he has what it takes to turn it around long term. We can't possible know that at this stage. All our frustration can do is make a bad situation worse. I say monitor him rather than throw him under the bus at this stage.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get football isn't great right now, far from it but to call the bball players Ollie inherited "great" and them calling the fball players a "steamy pile dog poop", is effed up and totally takes the HC off the hook. No expected the success Ollie has had from Ollie, let alone Diaco but let's not go crazy. Diaco is being paid handsomely to get the job done. He will get the time he needs.

Now back to practice tweets.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
KO also was left with good players, some great while HCBD was left with a steamy pile of dog *!

The fans who expect more are delusional - it would have been like our basketball fans expecting JC ti win with greg Economou running the show and a walk on soccer player seeing solid minutes in the 80's....:rolleyes:
Can't say for sure but I thing but I think the '87 team might have scored more than a field goal against Tulane.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I get football isn't great right now, far from it but to call the bball players Ollie inherited "great" and them calling the fball players a "steamy pile dog poop", is effed up and totally takes the HC off the hook. No expected the success Ollie has had from Ollie, let alone Diaco but let's not go crazy. Diaco is being paid handsomely to get the job done. He will get the time he needs.

Well, Ollie did inherit one of the best PGs in America and a few top 30 recruits. That's like Diaco inheriting Johnny Manziel.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Well, Ollie did inherit one of the best PGs in America and a few top 30 recruits. That's like Diaco inheriting Johnny Manziel.
Manziel was only a three start recruit, but your point is clear.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
UConn football is a straight joke, tried watching them once, lasted half a quarter....

Reaction Score
Looks like they let him in the practice facility:
B0AlAsxIgAA3EGR.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members