Tulsa to Big East? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tulsa to Big East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The options that UConn has is to try to go with the C7 and find something to do with football, including going indy; Seriously pursue the new nationwide conference, which could actually assemble a decent league and start all over again in TV negotiations; or just stick with what we've got. I prefer the first two options at this point.

And this is where we have our major disagreement. You believe that joining the C-7 in olympics and going indy in football is a winning strategy. I believe that it would be the death of UConn athletics (not the C-7 part; the indy football part).

People are of course welcome to their own opinions, but I believe that there are a great many on this board who believe that being independent in football is very easy to do. It's not. And not only is it not, but based on the new conference setups and major bowl tie-ins, it's getting much harder. It's why BYU is actually seriously considering dropping independence, and their national footprint is much larger than ours. I don't want to have to play Idaho twice in a year, like New Mexico State will in 2013. That scenario is death....

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Let me pose a question for the people who whine on here ****ing non-stop. What would you rather have, tty health or a supposed tty conference? I was right on about people having barely any gratitude.
Keep living in your ignorance is bliss attitude Butchy. Just surviving is good enough for you. Well, just surviving isn't good enough for a lot of people. Some of us want UConn to compete with the best, some of us want UConn well positioned for the future to be a top school academically AND athletically. What does my health or starving children in Africa have to do with that? Not a damn thing. It's not mutually exclusive to a) appreciate my health and b) want the best for UConn. And if you can't see that being in a Big Boy conference is key to the long term success of UConn overall, then you my friend are blind. Because all this talk of expanding research, expanding endowments, expanding the Rent - they ain't gonna happen without the money and support that big time athletics brings to the table. You are the one that needs to open your eyes, not everyone else.

We do agree that the whining, in and of itself, does not put UConn in a new conference. But it's absolutely within the rights of people to voice concerns about UConn not being in a better position. I don't want the leaders of UConn for one minute to think that just existing in some conference is good enough. I want the best.

Reaction Score
Keep living in your ignorance is bliss attitude Butchy. Just surviving is good enough for you. Well, just surviving isn't good enough for a lot of people. Some of us want UConn to compete with the best, some of us want UConn well positioned for the future to be a top school academically AND athletically. What does my health or starving children in Africa have to do with that? Not a damn thing. It's not mutually exclusive to a) appreciate my health and b) want the best for UConn. And if you can't see that being in a Big Boy conference is key to the long term success of UConn overall, then you my friend are blind. Because all this talk of expanding research, expanding endowments, expanding the Rent - they ain't gonna happen without the money and support that big time athletics brings to the table. You are the one that needs to open your eyes, not everyone else.

We do agree that the whining, in and of itself, does not put UConn in a new conference. But it's absolutely within the rights of people to voice concerns about UConn not being in a better position. I don't want the leaders of UConn for one minute to think that just existing in some ty conference is good enough. I want the best.

that was a lot more graceful than my "STFU" response I wanted to post

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Let me pose a question for the people who whine on here ****ing non-stop. What would you rather have, tty health or a supposed tty conference? I was right on about people having barely any gratitude.

Seriously - STFU about this.

I gather that there is something amiss in your life and whatever it is, that really sucks. I don't know what it is, but I get it - really sorry about it.

But complaining about this s*** hole of a conference is our God-given right.

Reaction Score

We do agree that the whining, in and of itself, does not put UConn in a new conference. But it's absolutely within the rights of people to voice concerns about UConn not being in a better position. I don't want the leaders of UConn for one minute to think that just existing in some conference is good enough. I want the best.
Just keep b*tching. I never said anything about Africa. That was your b*tt-buddy, HFD. I was simply saying it's not the end of the world. Be glad we won national championships and are a top 20 public university. God Almighty, the whining and complaining on here is laughable. I'd like to see you deal with bamboo spine and taking ****ing opioids for the rest of your life for the pain.

Reaction Score
Seriously - STFU.

The act is beyond duck*ing annoying.
I am ****ing annoyed with the whining. People here seem to have no idea how easy they have it. Anyhow, back to hibernation.

Reaction Score
Seriously - STFU about this.

I gather that there is something amiss in your life and whatever it is, that really sucks. I don't know what it is, but I get it - really sorry about it.

But complaining about this s*** hole of a conference is our God-given right.
No need to be sorry. It's just pathetic people don't look beyond their own self-interests and take it out on everyone else.

Reaction Score
Second largest endowment.

Needs bigger "endowment"... but not shabby.

ScreenShot2012-08-24at3.57.03PM_original_display_image.png

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am ****ing annoyed with the whining. People here seem to have no idea how easy they have it. Anyhow, back to hibernation.

It is a message board - this is not real life.

If there is any place in this world where people can complain about something that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, it is here. There is no other venue on the planet where people can find other people who are truly offended at the prospects of any sort of affiliation with a school in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I would argue that you have lost perspective if only in terms of what we do here. We deal in the absurd. And then, I would argue that you might feel better, in some small way, if you, too, railed against the very existence of Tulane or Eastern Carolina.

Again, I get that something's up - very sorry for you. But this place is the diversion for such things - treat it as such.

Reaction Score
It is a message board - this is not real life.

If there is any place in this world where people can complain about something that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, it is here. There is no other venue on the planet where people can find other people who are truly offended at the prospects of any sort of affiliation with a school in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I would argue that you have lost perspective if only in terms of what we do here. We deal in the absurd. And then, I would argue that you might feel better, in some small way, if you, too, railed against the very existence of Tulane or Eastern Carolina.

Again, I get that something's up - very sorry for you. But this place is the diversion for such things - treat it as such.
I am an alum of the ****ing school. Don't you think I'd love to play against the B1G schools? We are weak in tradition compared to them. The B1G schools make their athletics a way of life. Not that I'd advocate such a way of life, but that's that. From my experiences, message boards, etc, are the easiest way for people to express their most sincere thoughts. They are behind a monitor. As I said, no need to be sorry for me. It is what it is. I just wish people would have a broader scope on life. And I always harass the **** out of the opponent when I can!

Reaction Score
Isn't our goal to get a ticket to the big boys bowl games? Shouldn't our current path be easier than any other option out there?

Doesn't 11-1 look pretty no matter who we beat to get that record?

Serenety prayer gentlemen.

Reaction Score
You have to be kidding me. CUSA championship and only 20K? This program is about to be coded. Grab them while their still warm I guess.

Reaction Score
Your b*tching drove off that TuxedoYoda ducker. Fishy, now you know who to ban!
oh please, I called him the "holy defender of the GOR". I definitely do not think that is bitching and I hardly think its inaccurate.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Isn't our goal to get a ticket to the big boys bowl games? Shouldn't our current path be easier than any other option out there?

Doesn't 11-1 look pretty no matter who we beat to get that record?

Serenety prayer gentlemen.

This! Absolutely this.

People can bitch if they want. People can bitch about other people bitching if they want. But to me, you control what you can control, and whatever else happens, happens. If UConn controls what it can control, which is win games (should be easy, the way that everyone is talking on this board, right?), then we'll go somewhere nicer and everyone will drink less whiskey...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Your b*tching drove off that TuxedoYoda ducker. Fishy, now you know who to ban!

True - I haven't forgotten about that.

Reaction Score
....then we'll go somewhere nicer and everyone will drink less whiskey...
BS. Can you imagine how much intoxicants Auburn fans consumed after the past season??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Money. At the end of the 2012-13 sports calendar, it is believed that TU will collect a media-rights payment of about $1.5 million from Conference USA. Big East officials currently are negotiating a new all-sports deal with various television networks. A source shared this "educated guess" with the World - that the new Big East deal will result in members receiving between $3.5 million and $4.5 million a year.
Is this it? Disappointing to say the least.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Is this it? Disappointing to say the least.

Yeah, but they probably haven't factored in ECU as an all-sports add, so we've got that going for us... ;)

Reaction Score
Needs bigger "endowment"... but not shabby.

ScreenShot2012-08-24at3.57.03PM_original_display_image.png
That extremely beautiful girl in some other thread who was shaking her butt cheeks and had tattoos and ear plugs...what school does she support?? Can't get her off my mind.

Reaction Score
Why don't the whiners go spend all of their time on the message boards of the power conferences and get laughed out of the room when talking about anything other than Hoops or Soccer.

We all want the same thing. I will enjoy the ride, no matter where it takes us.

Reaction Score
Still not enough to get me to drink what Butch is drinking ...

I expect better.
I'd rather smoke ****ing weed. Stupid pain management laws here. But if you care, been drinking Woodchuck Hard Cider, "Private Reserve", 6.9%. Was thinking of some vodka but took this instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom