Tulsa to Big East? | The Boneyard

Tulsa to Big East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This sounds about right. It's likely to be a foregone conclusion at this point. I welcome the move, since I think that Tulsa is a pretty strong football team. It was interesting to see that they have Danny Manning as their bball coach now. I also liked the way that the article presented the team map of the Big East versus the Mountain West. You can already see everyone setting up the two top "have-nots" conferences in a battle for position number 6:

bigwesteast01202013.jpg

Reaction Score
I am at peace with this. Bring em on. Their endowment dwarfs ours. UMass for #12? Or is Navy #12?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Any time you can grab the third-best program in Oklahoma, you do it.

Unfortunately for us, the third best team in Oklahoma is also likely the fourth best team in the Big East...

Reaction Score
Any time you can grab the third-best program in Oklahoma, you do it.

Why not right? We already have the 4th and 5th best in FL, the 3rd best in PA, the 6th and 7th best in TX, and the 5th best in NC.

Reaction Score
Why not right? We already have the 4th and 5th best in FL, the 3rd best in PA, the 6th and 7th best in TX, and the 5th best in NC.
That is such an exaggeration. Some say ECU has the second best football following in North Carolina, behind NC State. And that's people who LIVE in NC. Can we stop being emo?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The most depressing aspect of this is this story is that Tulsa has apparently turned down the MWC. The only reason Tulsa, SMU, and Houston all pass on the MWC for the Big East is if they expect UConn and Cincinnati to be sticking around for a while.

Reaction Score
Fishy...can you reference this ****ing board to psychiatrists? We need it.

Reaction Score
That is such an exaggeration. Some say ECU has the second best football following in North Carolina, behind NC State. And that's people who LIVE in NC. Can we stop being emo?

I'm talking overall athletic program and brand...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Hey, hey, hey.......ECU is better than Wake.....make that the 4th best in NC...;)

Reaction Score
I'm talking overall athletic program and brand...
Look, we have to deal with the hand of cards we are dealt. ****ing whining, crying, and complaining accomplishes nothing. We should be grateful that we live in a country with such a high living standard.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Without getting too melodramatic, this conference isn't the worst thing in the world. It's essentially the remaining Big East teams with the absolute best selection of C-USA, along with Indy Navy. Top to bottom, we are at the very least the equivalent of the Mountain West and better than the rest of the non-AQs. Now, UConn's job is simple:

1) Dominate in football, having multiple years of 9-win seasons or better.
2) Dominate the basketball, since we are the premier team in the league, having numerous 23 win seasons or better.
3) Continue our top notch olympic sports (women's bball, baseball, growing hockey, etc.).

All of this is within our capabilities, and all of this will eventually lead to us being in a better place in college athletics....

Reaction Score
Without getting too melodramatic, this conference isn't the worst thing in the world. It's essentially the remaining Big East teams with the absolute best selection of C-USA, along with Indy Navy. Top to bottom, we are at the very least the equivalent of the Mountain West and better than the rest of the non-AQs. Now, UConn's job is simple:

1) Dominate in football, having multiple years of 9-win seasons or better.
2) Dominate the basketball, since we are the premier team in the league, having numerous 23 win seasons or better.
3) Continue our top notch olympic sports (women's bball, baseball, growing hockey, etc.).

All of this is within our capabilities, and all of this will eventually lead to us being in a better place in college athletics....
I can't believe someone is optimistic. Miracles happen!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Look, we have to deal with the hand of cards we are dealt. ****ing whining, crying, and complaining accomplishes nothing. We should be grateful that we live in a country with such a high living standard.
OK Warde, we get it. We should celebrate the willingness of any school still willing to join this conference. And start negotiating with CUSA for future naming rights, now that we have become CUSA plus UConn/Cincy.

Reaction Score
OK Warde, we get it. We should celebrate the willingness of any school still willing to join this conference. And start negotiating with CUSA for future naming rights, now that we have become CUSA plus UConn/Cincy.
Need a shoulder to cry on?

Reaction Score
Look, I'm sorry. There is no other way to spin this but that it sucks. I was once an optimist. I knew that the old configuration of the BE was worth a ton of money on the open market and based on some of what we are seeing, that was absolutely the case. However, in the end, nobody was willing to stick around to find out once they had their golden tickets and UConn is where it is. It doesn't mean that I should be happy or even content with it.

UConn is a premier university athletic department and a top state flagship, public university. This situation is in no way acceptable. Thank goodness that we have all of those banners, or else we'd be in real trouble. The only reason UConn has a chance to even survive this is due to the legacy of achievement that we have established and the fan loyalty that we have built up, largely on the strength of our basketball programs. All I'm saying is that UConn needs to do what is absolutely best for UConn. I'm sure that UConn will do that.

Reaction Score
Let me pose a question for the people who whine on here ****ing non-stop. What would you rather have, tty health or a supposed tty conference? I was right on about people having barely any gratitude.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Look, I'm sorry. There is no other way to spin this but that it sucks. I was once an optimist. I knew that the old configuration of the BE was worth a ton of money on the open market and based on some of what we are seeing, that was absolutely the case. However, in the end, nobody was willing to stick around to find out once they had their golden tickets and UConn is where it is. It doesn't mean that I should be happy or even content with it.

UConn is a premier university athletic department and a top state flagship, public university. This situation is in no way acceptable. Thank goodness that we have all of those banners, or else we'd be in real trouble. The only reason UConn has a chance to even survive this is due to the legacy of achievement that we have established and the fan loyalty that we have built up, largely on the strength of our basketball programs. All I'm saying is that UConn needs to do what is absolutely best for UConn. I'm sure that UConn will do that.

Yes. You are right. We cannot let this happen. We should write strongly-worded letters to the heads of our university as well as the heads of the top conferences in college athletics, letting them know that this situation is unacceptable...

Reaction Score
Yes. You are right. We cannot let this happen. We should write strongly-worded letters to the heads of our university as well as the heads of the top conferences in college athletics, letting them know that this situation is unacceptable...
They already know!

Reaction Score

The options that UConn has is to try to go with the C7 and find something to do with football, including going indy; Seriously pursue the new nationwide conference, which could actually assemble a decent league and start all over again in TV negotiations; or just stick with what we've got. I prefer the first two options at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom