Tremont Waters | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So im not a UConn fan because im not delusional? have you followed Tremont waters at all guy? you realize that kid has played on a different elite aau team every year since 7th grade? Do you realize he started at south kent as a freshman instead of going to a powerhouse like brewster and sitting on the bench? Lets be realistic if AG is as good as advertised we should be fine if not vital needs to step up period. What sane kid would come to sit on the bench on a team that had a losing record that was nationally ranked?

That last sentence isn't even English. If you are asking what sane kid would go to college and sit on the bench (not start) as a freshman, that would be the overwhelming majority of all D1 college basketball players. A handful of 5* kids start because they are just phenomenal. Another handful of other kids become starters because the team has nobody with experience at their position. Vital and/or Jackson last year for example.

Waters isn't starting at Duke. Or KU. Could he start at New Hampshire? Or Maine? I'm sure he could. But he can come to a high profile program in his home state and get plenty of minutes, with great coaches who understand PG play and almost certainly start next year. You can't have both. You can't go to a great, ranked team and expect to start as a freshman unless you are a one and done top 5 or so player like DeShaun Fox or Josh Jackson. Waters is a really good player, but he's likely a 3-4 year college player.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So im not a UConn fan because im not delusional? have you followed Tremont waters at all guy? you realize that kid has played on a different elite aau team every year since 7th grade? Do you realize he started at south kent as a freshman instead of going to a powerhouse like brewster and sitting on the bench? Lets be realistic if AG is as good as advertised we should be fine if not vital needs to step up period. What sane kid would come to sit on the bench on a team that had a losing record that was nationally ranked?

What other message boards do you post on, and what names have you chosen? What's your favorite team, or who pays you to do this?

Reaction Score
ca3Omsd.png

Your point holds up mostly, although he also shot much worse during BE play (potentially tired).

Code:
OOC     6.2    7.3    84.09%
REG     5.2    6.9    75.81%
TOURN   8.2    9.4    87.38%

Shooting worse though can easily be attributed to lack of foul calls.

If you go up for a basket and get hammered and miss, then it's a missed shot.

A 6 for 13 night can easily become a 6 for 16 night.

Reaction Score
What other message boards do you post on, and what names have you chosen? What's your favorite team, or who pays you to do this?

Im from Boston MA my fav UCONN Player is Ben Gordon (I like guards who score the Uconn way). My love for Uconn will not blind me, you can argue with me all u want Tremont waters is not coming mark my words on that but if AG plays well we are fine

Reaction Score
And when you look at the talent on that team, it is not highly surprising they were such a good team.

Kemba, Lamb, Shabazz--3 NBA guys.
A solid frontcourt with Roscoe Smith and Alex Oriakhi.

This was a very talented UConn team.

My recollection is that the 2011 team really struggled against the zone in January and February (expected for a team playing so many freshman), and everybody started going zone against us in conference play once the scouting report got around. Late in the BE season, the zone offense picked up and we were able to force teams to primarily play man defense. As a result, Kemba started getting taking the ball to the rim more and drew more fouls.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
There main difference between those teams, and next year's team with Waters, is that the 2011 team had Lamb to provide length at the 3 guard/SF spot, and the 2014 had Giffey in that role. Next year's team doesn't really have anyone to fill that spot.
Not Vance (obviously). Polley? Can definitely shoot the three, and looks good driving also. I think that kid'll surprise.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The 2011 team as a whole is underrated due to the fact that their run in March was so impressive. Note the word impressive, not miraculous. This team was very good.

As others have mentioned, that team went undefeated in the OOC portion of their schedule and was ranked I want say mid teens headed into the NCAAs.

I mean when you consider they reeled off 11 straight against the likes of Georgetown, Pitt, Cuse, Louisville, Cincinnati, San Diego State, Arizona, Kentucky and Butler, that's not a fluke.

Kemba was the by far the best player in college basketball that season and he had the help of two future NBA'ers in Napier and Lamb, while also having a very solid front court that cleaned up the boards.

Reaction Score
The 2011 team as a whole is underrated due to the fact that their run in March was so impressive. Note the word impressive, not miraculous. This team was very good.

As others have mentioned, that team went undefeated in the OOC portion of their schedule and was ranked I want say mid teens headed into the NCAAs.

I mean when you consider they reeled off 11 straight against the likes of Georgetown, Pitt, Cuse, Louisville, Cincinnati, San Diego State, Arizona, Kentucky and Butler, that's not a fluke.

Kemba was the by far the best player in college basketball that season and he had the help of two future NBA'ers in Napier and Lamb, while also having a very solid front court that cleaned up the boards.

Agreed, but they were actually ranked 9th prior to the NCAAs.

2010-2011 Men's College Basketball Polls (AP Poll, Coaches Poll) - WarrenNolan.com

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Again...what? Giffey primarily played the 3 in 2014, and Roscoe primarily played as a 4 in 2011.
Again.... read what I said I wasn't disagreeing with you. You need to relax.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Roscoe during the stretch run played the majority of minutes at the 4. He would start each half with a few minutes at the 3, but as soon as Bazz came in Tyler was never seen again, and except when he was getting a break (and AO and Chuck played together), Roscoe was the 4.
Right but a decent amount we had AO and Chuck in. I'm agreeing with you but pointing out we had other proven bigs to play the four and five

Reaction Score
Although Borzello says Kansas did reach out. Weird.
This may be digging too deep, but Zags gets all his money from clicks. I don't think he'd just throw away clicks from Kansas fans (big fanbase) if he didn't actually know something. Maybe/hopefully he has a contact who knows they're staying away.

Reaction Score
Right but a decent amount we had AO and Chuck in. I'm agreeing with you but pointing out we had other proven bigs to play the four and five

I think it's a bit much to call Chuck "proven." We really only got comfortable with him towards the end of the season. But he was the backup to both AO and 'Scoe.

Reaction Score
If Ewing gets AI to come back and have a word with Tremont this could get interesting.

Reaction Score
If Ewing gets AI to come back and have a word with Tremont this could get interesting.

One thing AI can't say is "just practice hard".....Ray Allen will tell him how Ricky Moore owned AI too.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom