Tremont Waters | Page 49 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know why I continuously check this thread to try to find new information about Tremont Waters. About 95% of the posts on here have nothing to do with him or his recruitment. If I wanted to read people bickering about game locations and conferences, I would open up those threads.

So with that being said, since the latest relevant post is buried 2 pages deep now, is there any new information?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't know why I continuously check this thread to try to find new information about Tremont Waters. About 95% of the posts on here have nothing to do with him or his recruitment. If I wanted to read people bickering about game locations and conferences, I would open up those threads.

So with that being said, since the latest relevant post is buried 2 pages deep now, is there any new information?
Coming in 20 minutes.

C

Chief00

Glenn recruited the best player in out program right now Jalen Adams now didnt he? HERES THE TRUTH you ready for it? KO is on the hotseat he comes up short again he could be FIRED! He needed to shake things up so he decided to get chillious a nike guy /aau guy who can muddy the waters a bit. Why fire Glenn? he was the only person who made enough money that would allow him to free up some green to offer chillious. Thats the GOD HONEST TRUTH want to know why MAL decommitted? Ill save that for another post
MAL's parent's always wanted him to go to PC - closer to home. He was the one that wanted UConn. His parents wouldn't let him go on his Louisville visit (sleeze factor) so he committed to PC. I guess I can't blame them for that.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The way they did it vs Eastern Washington was fine. Over winter break, campus was dead and it was a low-major that wouldn't have drawn a big crowd in Hartford. Give FFC a chance to have a short drive to a game. I went and enjoyed myself, despite the off-ramps from 95 being a clusterF since there was so much traffic.

Anyone have any insight as to why they ditched it?

Lots of political pressure to play and "rejuvenate" Hartford.

Good luck with that one.

Reaction Score
Nobody is saying travel time doesn't play an important factor in attending games. I'd argue it's actually priority #1 given how cheap you can get to games these days.

The point is that saying UConn needs to play games in a 3rd arena and not doing so is a disservice to SW CT is a joke.

SInce UConn can't get 15,000 people to see them play a postseason game on their home court, against a ranked team we have a history with, we have bigger problems than trying to schedule Maryland Eastern Shore at Webster Arena.
The point I was responding to was that real fans will drive from fairfield county to Storrs or Hartford for a game. I'm not disagreeing with your point of view, just pointing out that the one I was responding to was dumb.

Reaction Score
No matter how many times you say it, you can't make it true. The Big East has better basketball right now because they have better coaches, right now. If UConn suddenly moved to the Big East, we would be exactly the same team getting the exact same recruits.

So you agree with me that the Big EAst is a cut above. Somehow, you think that because it's because of coaches (and not basketball reputation or TV contract money) that just means to berate me anyway. Thank you for the insight.

Reaction Score
So you agree with me that the Big EAst is a cut above. Somehow, you think that because it's because of coaches (and not basketball reputation or TV contract money) that just means to berate me anyway. Thank you for the insight.
The Big East is a "cut above" a crappy conference but that doesn't make it a power conference. You were wrong and you are still wrong. Gonzaga is Gonzaga and Wichita State is Wichita State and Villanova is Villanova because of their coaches, not because of their conferences.

Reaction Score
The Big East is a "cut above" a crappy conference but that doesn't make it a power conference. You were wrong and you are still wrong. Gonzaga is Gonzaga and Wichita State is Wichita State and Villanova is Villanova because of their coaches, not because of their conferences.

... and UCONN IS UCONN. Hell yeah! I hope we never go back to those sell outs in the "new big east." The goal remains the same - dominate the conference, dominate the tournament, dominate recruiting, move to the ACC.... repeat.

Reaction Score
Conferences help now more than ever. I do think the nbe is slightly overrated and Gonzaga has carved out a 20 year culture brick by brick. Wichita State has a real good coach same as the zags.

Reaction Score
The fact that he is considering WKU over Georgetown n UCONN shows us his priorities. It's me my self and I. This is the attitude that got us in trouble last yr. I wonder part of the reason that Diallo did not committed was because of the constant negativity by certain players who got more minutes then they deserved

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The fact that he is considering WKU over Georgetown n UConn shows us his priorities. It's me my self and I. This is the attitude that got us in trouble last yr. I wonder part of the reason that Diallo did not committed was because of the constant negativity by certain players who got more minutes then they deserved

When a kid picks a college, it should be about me, myself and I. What a kid does once he has coaches and teammates, that's a different story.

If he picks WKU because he thinks that's best for him, I can't begrudge him doing what he thinks is best. I don't quite understand it, but it doesn't mean he has an attitude problem.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When a kid picks a college, it should be about me, myself and I. What a kid does once he has coaches and teammates, that's a different story.

If he picks WKU because he thinks that's best for him, I can't begrudge him doing what he thinks is best. I don't quite understand it, but it doesn't mean he has an attitude problem.

Might be doing the 'show' and transfer move. He'd get total autonomy there, and likely interest a whole hell of a lot of teams.

Reaction Score
Might be doing the 'show' and transfer move. He'd get total autonomy there, and likely interest a whole hell of a lot of teams.
As a 1 season move it makes a little sense. Next season they'll have a really good team. What they are beyond next year is a massive question mark. But big minutes on a probable tournament team might appeal to him

Reaction Score
My main point is that CT is such a small state and there are always complaints about travel distance/traffic when it comes to XL/Gampel. It just strikes me as funny that the original poster claims UConn has ignored SW CT as if it's some different region, when you have other schools in far larger states not moving their games all over the state to accommodate everyone. Which, we actually already have a leg up by playing half the hoop games in Hartford and all football in East Hartford.

You just nicely re- illustrated the backcountry, provincial view that eastern and central ct are the only parts of the state that The University of Connecticut should be reaching out to. After all, why is there a need to reach out to New Haven, Darien, Greenwich, Trumbull, Fairfield, Shelton, Bridgeport, New Canaan, etc? Brilliant. Maybe a name change is in order. Instead of UConn, how about Central Eastern Connecticut State U? The CECSU Huskies!

Reaction Score
The point I was responding to was that real fans will drive from fairfield county to Storrs or Hartford for a game. I'm not disagreeing with your point of view, just pointing out that the one I was responding to was dumb.

Just asking...
If all the UCONN games were moved to Webster arena would the "real" fans of Tolland and Hartford counties fight through rush hour traffic in Hartford, New Haven, and worst of all, I-95 and Merritt, to see their beloved Huskies play in Bridgeport for a 7:00pm weekday game?
Yeah, I didn't think so.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have you ever tried getting out of lower Fairfield County for a midweek 7pm game in Hartford, let alone Gampel?

Not happening if you work a 9-5.

Leave work early. It isn't any easier for fans of other teams. They all have those issues, and in most cases they have a fan base spread out over many hundreds of miles.

Reaction Score
Just asking...
If all the UConn games were moved to Webster arena would the "real" fans of Tolland and Hartford counties fight through rush hour traffic in Hartford, New Haven, and worst of all, I-95 and Merritt, to see their beloved Huskies play in Bridgeport for a 7:00pm weekday game?
Yeah, I didn't think so.

Cry me a river. God forbid you drive an hour + upstate to Hartford, East Hartford or Storrs. While other states that are ten times the size of CT travel hours to a game. Connecticut people are spoiled and have things close to home. When they need to travel the make a fuss of it. I dare you to live in Texas. Tax payers have the opportunity to travel within 90 minutes to catch a legitimate college football/basketball experience.

As a big time UCONN fan I challenge you to get a coach bus and load your Fairfield country friends to UCONN COUNTRY

Reaction Score
Do Ohio State fans complain about their location? What about Michigan? God...give it a rest. If your a fan, you'll drive the 45 mins- an hour to watch them play. Jesus. Spoiled fans.

Are you that ignorant of your state? Just Stamford to Trumbull is 45 min on the best of traffic days. Add in another hour plus after that to get to Hartford. If that makes us the "spoiled fans" , and not the people who can't fill half the XL center when you live 20 minutes away, then I guess you're right.

Reaction Score
You're 100% right. Hartford to Stamford is an hour, but Stamford to Hartford could be 2 hours. ... I took this Friday off, just so I can go to the Spring football game. It starts at 7 on a friday night. No way I can work and get there on time.

Reaction Score
Just asking...
If all the UConn games were moved to Webster arena would the "real" fans of Tolland and Hartford counties fight through rush hour traffic in Hartford, New Haven, and worst of all, I-95 and Merritt, to see their beloved Huskies play in Bridgeport for a 7:00pm weekday game?
Yeah, I didn't think so.
Yeah..... That's my point.

Reaction Score
Does Josh Jackson of Kansas going pro today, after his freshman year open up a spot for Waters? Or was this already expected and accounted for?

Reaction Score
Leave work early. It isn't any easier for fans of other teams. They all have those issues, and in most cases they have a fan base spread out over many hundreds of miles.

Isn't what you're describing a problem with the fan base, as opposed to where UConn plays their games? The Hartford crowds are already generally pretty crappy compared to other brand name schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom