Tremont Waters | Page 50 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does Josh Jackson of Kansas going pro today, after his freshman year open up a spot for Waters? Or was this already expected and accounted for?
It'd be for Duval or Thomas Allen or a big. Doesn't seem they're interested in Waters. Doesn't seem like many are these days.

Reaction Score
Does Josh Jackson of Kansas going pro today, after his freshman year open up a spot for Waters? Or was this already expected and accounted for?

This was 100% expected.

Isn't what you're describing a problem with the fan base, as opposed to where UConn plays their games? The Hartford crowds are already generally pretty crappy compared to other brand name schools.

Yes, the problem is clearly that we have a front running fanbase outside of the diehards. Playing a game or 2 in Bridgeport is a fine idea (I am biased living 10 minutes away from Webster) but don't expect amazing crowds. It seems like muchdogyears isn't really aware of the fact that there are FAR fewer UCONN fans in this neck of the woods and we are owed nothing. If you really care, you will make the commute. This is a non issue as far as I am concerned.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He's going to be a lottery pick. Can't get more expected than that.

Reaction Score
Maybe UConn could travel the state like the Ringling Bros Circus, playing in local gyms and YMCAs so that the snowflakes don't have to be inconvenienced by a little traffic.

Reaction Score
This was 100% expected. Yes, the problem is clearly that we have a front running fanbase outside of the diehards. Playing a game or 2 in Bridgeport is a fine idea (I am biased living 10 minutes away from Webster) but don't expect amazing crowds. It seems like muchdogyears isn't really aware of the fact that there are FAR fewer UConn fans in this neck of the woods and we are owed nothing. If you really care, you will make the commute. This is a non issue as far as I am concerned.

Attendance was 9200 at Webster Bank (a 10,000 person arena) for both Men's games played there in 2013 & 2014. People will show up in Bridgeport provided there is a competitive team on the court. I note that last part because I assume Bridgeport is no different from Hartford, which is no different from Storrs -- no one is showing up for a 16-17 team.

I know some people were against it the first two times, but IMHO there is zero harm putting a game a season at Webster Bank Arena during winter break against a lower tier opponent.

As a footnote...guess what the attendance was for the two women's games at Webster Bank in 2013/2014? 9,200 & 9,100 (plus we already know what happens when you put an NCAA Regional in NYC & Bridgeport for the Men's & Women's teams so I don't need to beat this point to death any further).

Reaction Score
Also back to Tremont Waters...I found this and am very fascinated by this development:

This I assume is there contingency plan should they not land Duval meaning Duke is not interested in Waters. I know some, including myself, speculated if Duval went somewhere not named Duke that they would come hard after Waters. I think this indicates that is not necessarily the case.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Expected and accounted for. He's a foot taller than Waters, so they aren't comparable players. Now if Devonte Graham had left, they'd be on Waters, but they are still in with Duval as well.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think a lot of that has to do with the Gold coast thinking they are more connected to NYC than Connecticut as a whole.
I know UConn has made efforts to reach out to the Southwestern part of the state and the alumni down in that part of the state can attest to it.
I'm from lower Fairfield county and pretty active in alumni events. I can attest to the fact that 'reaching out' to this part of the state is a very recent change in approach (Susan Herbst and Dave Benedict came down here for a meet and greet about a year ago) and appears to have been placed on the back burner not long after we were told engaging this part of the state would be a priority.

There is s potential gold mine for the school to tap into down here but too many are of the belief that we should beg the school to take our money.

Reaction Score
Also back to Tremont Waters...I found this and am very fascinated by this development:

This I assume is there contingency plan should they not land Duval meaning Duke is not interested in Waters. I know some, including myself, speculated if Duval went somewhere not named Duke that they would come hard after Waters. I think this indicates that is not necessarily the case.

It appears all the major schools that have been recruiting him have cooled significantly, Duke, Syracuse, us etc.

The only ones really left are Creighton, WKU, and Georgetown.

I smell something........... FISHY.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Cry me a river. God forbid you drive an hour + upstate to Hartford, East Hartford or Storrs. While other states that are ten times the size of CT travel hours to a game. Connecticut people are spoiled and have things close to home. When they need to travel the make a fuss of it. I dare you to live in Texas. Tax payers have the opportunity to travel within 90 minutes to catch a legitimate college football/basketball experience.

As a big time UConn fan I challenge you to get a coach bus and load your Fairfield country friends to UConn COUNTRY
Where I live in the state (Stamford, Long Ridge to be exact) there aren't many places where I can be further from Gampel, the Rent or XL and still be in Connecticut. That said, I have had season tickets to men's hoops games all but a handful of seasons since the early 1990's (often used 1/2 vacation days to make mid-week games), have had tickets for football since they opened Rentschler Field (and buy extra tickets to give away in an attempt to help promote the product) and have even made stray excursions to Storrs for other events (men's soccer, women's hoops, baseball) when time allowed.

If we are going to criticize the efforts of any members of our fan base we should begin with those who live within 40 miles of Hartford but couldn't be bothered making an appearance at the conference tournament.

Reaction Score
MAL's parent's always wanted him to go to PC - closer to home. He was the one that wanted UConn. His parents wouldn't let him go on his Louisville visit (sleeze factor) so he committed to PC. I guess I can't blame them for that.

LMAO bro I dont know WHO told you that but u have it ALL wrong that is NOT TRUE

Reaction Score
It appears all the major schools that have been recruiting him have cooled significantly, Duke, Syracuse, us etc.

I smell something...... FISHY.

I think i told everyone on this forum a wee ago Tremont waters is GOING NO WHERE HE DOESNT START FROM DAY ONE!!! Im ready for my apologies fellas lol

Reaction Score
It'd be for Duval or Thomas Allen or a big. Doesn't seem they're interested in Waters. Doesn't seem like many are these days.

EVERY ONE WANTS waters the problem is he wants to START DAY 1 im not sure why you guys dont want to listen to me lmao

Reaction Score
I think i told everyone on this forum a wee ago Tremont waters is GOING NO WHERE HE DOESNT START FROM DAY ONE!!! Im ready for my apologies fellas lol

If you came to the Boneyard for validation, you're gonna have a bad time. Nobody cares. If your parents didn't give you the love you need, work it out in therapy, not here.

Reaction Score
Attendance was 9200 at Webster Bank (a 10,000 person arena) for both Men's games played there in 2013 & 2014. People will show up in Bridgeport provided there is a competitive team on the court. I note that last part because I assume Bridgeport is no different from Hartford, which is no different from Storrs -- no one is showing up for a 16-17 team.

I thought I remember hearing that the University wasn't pleased with some aspect of the way the games in Bridgeport were handled. The attendance seemed fine but for some reason they viewed it as a failed experiment and I don't know why. Maybe they just demanded too much of the gate? I don't recall the article and I'm having trouble finding it, if anybody can help out I'd be interested to read or hear about it.

Reaction Score
If you came to the Boneyard for validation, you're gonna have a bad time. Nobody cares. If your parents didn't give you the love you need, work it out in therapy, not here.

No I came to give others insight about our team and gain real insight. I dont appreciate being bashed for telling the truth :)

Reaction Score

I smell something...... FISHY.

We did not cool on him. He cooled on us. The staff would have done back flips for waters

Reaction Score
EVERY ONE WANTS waters the problem is he wants to START DAY 1 im not sure why you guys dont want to listen to me lmao
Out of curiosity at what major division 1 school could he START DAY 1? If that is what he expects he might not have anywhere to go.

Reaction Score
I thought I remember hearing that the University wasn't pleased with some aspect of the way the games in Bridgeport were handled. The attendance seemed fine but for some reason they viewed it as a failed experiment and I don't know why. Maybe they just demanded too much of the gate? I don't recall the article and I'm having trouble finding it, if anybody can help out I'd be interested to read or hear about it.

I found this: Brian Koonz: UConn basketball should keep playing in Fairfield County

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity at what major division 1 school could he START DAY 1? If that is what he expects he might not have anywhere to go.

Georgetown (they have no one ) Kansas (better than Grahmn and grahm better suited off ball) Creighton (better than kaleb joseph) those are the major schools in contention. Indianna he would start there also Tremont is a BAD BAD BAD boy ask anyone hes outplayed just about every 2017 guard in the country at some point in time he just requires the ball in his hand alot and doesnt have the high ceiling as some other guys in his class

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
No I came to give others insight about our team and gain real insight. I dont appreciate being bashed for telling the truth :)
You come out of nowhere talking like you know the kid. No one believes you because you have zero track record. If you have a source, explain who it is (don't have to name names). Not to mention everything you've said was immediately negative. At least try to put a positive spin on it.

Reaction Score
You come out of nowhere talking like you know the kid. No one believes you because you have zero track record. If you have a source, explain who it is (don't have to name names). Not to mention everything you've said was immediately negative. At least try to put a positive spin on it.

Its not negative its the truth and the source is myself. You can wait a month so I can build "track record" or you can believe me now.. choice is yours... Ive followed this kid and more locals for years. Any who knows anything about this kid is his father ("Who i think is a genius") has controlled everything from DAY ONE! Kid has never stayed on one aau team for more than a year and has never played anywhere where he hasnt started and played PG. Im not trying to be negative I just want us to move on to someone who we can actually get thats IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom