Tremont Waters (again) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer or whatever, and if we get Waters and the G'Town transfer I'll totally be okay but.. Do we need Waters? I mean this board LOVES Vital, which I personally think is insane. IMO he's the 4th guard right now. Add Waters and he's the 5th. That's a LOT of guards to begin, I understand we play 3 guards, but these are very undersized guards. I guess my point is that why would Waters come here with this guard depth chart? (Even if he's better than Vital)

If I had a choice of 2 bigs or Waters I'm with you, there is a dire need and he's not one, although a Top 40 kid would never be a bad thing. I guess I'm gun shy now though and bringing him and taking minutes form a kid like Vital, would he leave? I hope not but now for whatever reason it makes me think of these awful things. I love Vital, the kid he is the Husky he is and the gritty, plucky player he is. Want him to be part of this program for 4 years and a guy we lean on when the recruits come in. New Rodney!

pj

Reaction Score
Waters substantially improves the team. Can't believe Vital would leave, he's an integral piece of the team with or without Waters. As far as bigs are concerned, getting Waters should help recruit them. Every big wants to play with a quality point guard, and we'll have several of them. It also makes us look like a great team missing only the big man piece. They can be that final piece.

Reaction Score
We need anyone who wants to come here, we're offering top 200 talent. If there's a top 40 recruit who wants to come here yes we need him.

And that's before considering that we'd be keeping a top CT kid home and in a guard-centric offense you can never have enough ball handlers

Reaction Score
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer or whatever, and if we get Waters and the G'Town transfer I'll totally be okay but.. Do we need Waters? I mean this board LOVES Vital, which I personally think is insane. IMO he's the 4th guard right now. Add Waters and he's the 5th. That's a LOT of guards to begin, I understand we play 3 guards, but these are very undersized guards. I guess my point is that why would Waters come here with this guard depth chart? (Even if he's better than Vital)
Not to pile on but this is silly. Five guards is what a team is supposed to have. We are going to depend a lot on Alterique, a kid who is coming off of two major shoulder injuries and who has no experience at the college level. Vital isn't a point guard and the grad transfer is a stop gap who can fill in but we can't depend on as a major piece, he was the fourth leading scorer on the tenth best A10 team. For those reasons and the fact that we can't even field a legit D1 roster as it stands, we need him.

Reaction Score
If I had a choice of 2 bigs or Waters I'm with you, there is a dire need and he's not one, although a Top 40 kid would never be a bad thing. I guess I'm gun shy now though and bringing him and taking minutes form a kid like Vital, would he leave? I hope not but now for whatever reason it makes me think of these awful things. I love Vital, the kid he is the Husky he is and the gritty, plucky player he is. Want him to be part of this program for 4 years and a guy we lean on when the recruits come in. New Rodney!
What? Why would Vital leave, he's the only shooting guard on the whole team. Also, if a kid doesn't want to compete for playing time he isn't gritty as you say.

Reaction Score
What? Why would Vital leave, he's the only shooting guard on the whole team. Also, if a kid doesn't want to compete for playing time he isn't gritty as you say.

Never said he would but remember the kid played a lot of minutes last ear probably will see his average go down with just Alterique back, a little. They'd go down more if Waters were to come. I mean yeah if he comes it's great, good player need them. Just sayin'

Reaction Score
We need anyone who wants to come here, we're offering top 200 talent. If there's a top 40 recruit who wants to come here yes we need him.

And that's before considering that we'd be keeping a top CT kid home and in a guard-centric offense you can never have enough ball handlers
Following the Tremont Waters saga. It is obvious that he wants to play on a big stage. With Duke and KU hopes fading fast, I think Tremont realizes that UConn is as big as its going to get

Reaction Score
Following the Tremont Waters saga. It is obvious that he wants to play on a big stage. With Duke and KU hopes fading fast, I think Tremont realizes that UConn is as big as its going to get

NC State is a big stage.

Reaction Score
I must have watched a different season than you guys did... Vital provides zero in the field of legitimate offensive returns, he adds some intangibles but that's about it. I think you are romanticizing him since he's the only one who stayed.

Having said that. You aren't seeing my point as far as Waters. Why would he come? I just don't see it happening. You can get your hopes up, but mine are low as can be. Good luck with all that. This place has gone down the tubes ever since November, what a bunch of grown men acting like high school girls.

Reaction Score
I must have watched a different season than you guys did... Vital provides zero in the field of legitimate offensive returns, he adds some intangibles but that's about it. I think you are romanticizing him since he's the only one who stayed.

Having said that. You aren't seeing my point as far as Waters. Why would he come? I just don't see it happening. You can get your hopes up, but mine are low as can be. Good luck with all that. This place has gone down the tubes ever since November, what a bunch of grown men acting like high school girls.
Vital had a very solid freshman season and got much better as the season went on.

Player A: FG%: 39.6%, 3P: 39%, 1.6 A/To
Player B: FG%: 38.0%, 3P: 28%, 2.0 A/To

Player A is Vital and Player B is JA. I know JA was playing hurt, but it was not stretch to say that Vital outplayed Adams in conference play and you say with no evidence that he "provides zero in the field of legitimate offensive returns". Well, you "provide zero in the field of" intelligent posts. We are all frustrated with this offseason but it's ironic that the one who calls everyone else out for acting like a high school girl...is the one complaining and venting like a spoiled child without any facts.

Reaction Score
Take with a grain of SALT...... talk i am hearing is waters will announce between Sunday and Wednesday. Heard uconn is seriously in the running. The sense i get is if it goes past Wednesday then we are in trouble. I pieced this together from a few places.

Reaction Score

Not sure what you would expect from a freshman who had a shot of not even seeing the court but through injury was asked to play a lot? I mean almost 40% from 3 after a horrendous start too, a ball hawk on D tough as nails all over the court (not always smart but got better during the season) and has leadership qualities. No one is saying by any means superstar hear but if you don't see a solid piece of a formula then you did watch a different season and I think you were the only one viewing.

Reaction Score
We have a team with no big men and even our forwards could be limited. Waters becoming part of a 4 guard rotation gives him plenty to showcase his talent. We just lost 2 selfish players who were not concerned about team so we need players that are not scared of others' talent, and we have to have insurance for injury which almost always is a factor as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
Take with a grain of SALT. talk i am hearing is waters will announce between Sunday and Wednesday. Heard UConn is seriously in the running. The sense i get is if it goes past Wednesday then we are in trouble. I pieced this together from a few places.
This thread will be at about 15 pages of car wash reports and cheif style jeopardy by then. Lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not sure what you would expect from a freshman who had a shot of not even seeing the court but through injury was asked to play a lot? I mean almost 40% from 3 after a horrendous start too, a ball hawk on D tough as nails all over the court (not always smart but got better during the season) and has leadership qualities. No one is saying by any means superstar hear but if you don't see a solid piece of a formula then you did watch a different season and I think you were the only one viewing.

He certainly exceeded any expectation any of us had a right to have. He grew up quickly, and we needed him to. I don't think it means he's NBA bound or anything or the next Ben Gordon. I think it means he became a sophomore experience wise, about mid-season and is about a year ahead of where he normally would be. By the time he's a true junior, he's going to be a tremendous all around contributor.

With Waters, who is supposed to be a smart kid, I hope he understands that coming off the bench and getting 20 or so minutes a game as a freshman is pretty close to ideal for development. Adams is likely gone after 2017, and Waters and Gilbert would be an impressive tandem. These kids used to understand that this was the normal progression. Now they have these huge egos it seems, and they all want to be the star.

C

Chief00

Take with a grain of SALT. talk i am hearing is waters will announce between Sunday and Wednesday. Heard UConn is seriously in the running. The sense i get is if it goes past Wednesday then we are in trouble. I pieced this together from a few places.

Agree with this.

C

Chief00

It's not 20 minutes. But it's something at least.
Strangely, one of the kids on the team said he was still considering Georgetown. Don't know what to think of that. Grain of salt I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom