Tremont Waters (again) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally love how this is playing out....

Tremont is treating UConn the way Duke is treating Tremont

Duke would rather take Jordan Goldwire, an unranked guard who almost went to Eastern Kentucky

And Tremont is considering Western Kentucky and Creighton over UConn

If we had any pride, we'd give him a deadline and walk away. Enough is enough. No single player is bigger than the program

C

Chief00

Duke would rather take Jordan Goldwire, an unranked guard who almost went to Eastern Kentucky

If we had any pride, we'd give him a deadline and walk away. Enough is enough. No single player is bigger than the program
You don't know that.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I would love to hear literally any substance to these KO problems. I get the bad break up with Miller, but you think we'd hear rumors of what his actual issue is rather than this vague stuff.

Bad chemistry stories always come out when you lose, and they'll magically disappear as KO becomes a great man again if UConn wins next year.

Also, Goldwire has nothing to do with Waters. I don't know why people don't get that. Duval is still going to Duke, and he and Waters aren't committing to the same school in the same class. Between Allen, Jackson, and Duval, Waters wouldn't see the court. Goldwire is a footnote.

Reaction Score
If KO did something soooo egregious i wish ppl would just spit it out so we all could make a judgement. Having to assume is never a good idea
You're right this is not helpful. If KO did something egregious I assume he would be gone. So I 'll assume KO just has an uneven personality issue so to speak.

pj

Reaction Score

#1, we don't know that Duke won't take Tremont if Duval doesn't come. Tremont might be waiting to see if that's the case. #2, we don't know that Tremont is seriously considering Western Kentucky or Creighton. They could be just names put out to create a sense of competition to try to get the coaches at more desirable schools to move. #3, no single player is bigger than the program, but collectively the players are the program. If you don't have players, you don't have a program. UConn is now in a position that it can't be proud and deny players the opportunity to make a considered decision.

The good part of all this is that whatever KO's weaknesses have been, he's hearing about them from multiple sources -- former players and recruits, new recruits, assistants including Chill, AD Dave Benedict who interviewed everybody -- and he knows what he has to fix. Let's hope he has the same fire to succeed as a coach that he had as a player, and does whatever is necessary to succeed. If so he can be great.

Reaction Score
$15,000,000+ owed on his contract could explain that!
That money owed is if KO was let go without cause. I am not a lawyer, but if KO actually did "things" there is no way he would get all that money.

Reaction Score
You don't know that.
don't know what??

that duke didn't just take an unranked guard who had no major offers??

that Tremont is entertaining offers from w Kentucky and Creighton??

there's no opinion there. its real Chief

and ill stand by my stance that NO single player is bigger than this program

Reaction Score
#1, we don't know that Duke won't take Tremont if Duval doesn't come. Tremont might be waiting to see if that's the case. #2, we don't know that Tremont is seriously considering Western Kentucky or Creighton. They could be just names put out to create a sense of competition to try to get the coaches at more desirable schools to move. #3, no single player is bigger than the program, but collectively the players are the program. If you don't have players, you don't have a program. UConn is now in a position that it can't be proud and deny players the opportunity to make a considered decision.

The good part of all this is that whatever KO's weaknesses have been, he's hearing about them from multiple sources -- former players and recruits, new recruits, assistants including Chill, AD Dave Benedict who interviewed everybody -- and he knows what he has to fix. Let's hope he has the same fire to succeed as a coach that he had as a player, and does whatever is necessary to succeed. If so he can be great.
#1 you just proved my entire point. duke wants Duval, Tremont is a backup plan. Tremont wants Duke, we are at best, his 2nd best option
#2 he has publicly stated hes considering those schools. Don't know how much more evidence you need aside from it coming directly from his mouth
#3 I disagree and tend to think its what put us in this situation. Players half committed to the collective, lacking in toughness, and having one foot out the door has been the problem. KO already alluded to that. if you need examples of how toughness, dedication, and pride in the program leads to better production, look no further than Vital vs Durham this year. All agree we'd rather have Christian on the roster.

Reaction Score
The same guy also said this regarding tremont and UConn fwiw:

Wait. "The same guy?" As in we have no clue who this person is but for a twitter name?

I am not knocking any one poster, but why? Rumors from a source you believe -- fine. Repeating tweets or statements by a reporter or player or player's parent or anyone else that you can at least judge how good his information would be ? I don't love it as much, but I understand the desire to talk about it.

But if you don't know who the person making a tweet (or any other kind of statement) is, why in the world would you think it's worth sharing? Do the same Boneyarders rush on to tell us that they heard a drunk looking guy on the street having said what tonight's winning power ball numbers are?

pj

Reaction Score
#1 you just proved my entire point. duke wants Duval, Tremont is a backup plan. Tremont wants Duke, we are at best, his 2nd best option
#2 he has publicly stated hes considering those schools. Don't know how much more evidence you need aside from it coming directly from his mouth
#3 I disagree and tend to think its what put us in this situation. Players half committed to the collective, lacking in toughness, and having one foot out the door has been the problem. KO already alluded to that. if you need examples of how toughness, dedication, and pride in the program leads to better production, look no further than Vital vs Durham this year. All agree we'd rather have Christian on the roster.

I don't disagree, but there's no shame to being a second choice to Duke. KO has to make a judgment whether Tremont is going to be a problem as a player, but you can't infer from a messy recruitment that a player will not be committed to the team once he arrives.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
So what happened with Ollie? I'm so curious as to what went on. What's been going on here?

Reaction Score
Wait. "The same guy?" As in we have no clue who this person is but for a twitter name?

I am not knocking any one poster, but why? Rumors from a source you believe -- fine. Repeating tweets or statements by a reporter or player or player's parent or anyone else that you can at least judge how good his information would be ? I don't love it as much, but I understand the desire to talk about it.

But if you don't know who the person making a tweet (or any other kind of statement) is, why in the world would you think it's worth sharing? Do the same Boneyarders rush on to tell us that they heard a drunk looking guy on the street having said what tonight's winning power ball numbers are?
Is this any worse than hearing it at a car wash

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have said this for sometime. It is not just this year.
Keep saying it if it makes you happy - maybe someone will listen

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This place is a forest fire. Reading the tea leaves from random unknown twitter users. I know you guys have more things to do than speculate on whether or not this kid or any kid is coming here. I'll never understand the attachment to recruiting from people who aren't scouts or directly affiliated to the team.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
There was one thing in particular that happened this past season that could have tipped everyone off that things were going south from a coaching perspective as it relates to the team concept and its various dynamics.

This is kind of bad form to post this and then walk away. It's like you laid a turd in the punch bowl and then left the prom.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
People who put too much stock in what teenagers say clearly have not raised one themselves.

Try going through college selection with a kid who is not a major sports recruit, never mind one who is getting a world of great offers with people whispering in his or her ear about who will treat them the most special.

Things change. Sometimes daily.

Reaction Score
I'll never understand the attachment to recruiting from people who aren't scouts or directly affiliated to the team.
Then why are you reading recruiting threads? Are you some kind of masochist or something?

Reaction Score
don't know what??

that duke didn't just take an unranked guard who had no major offers??

that Tremont is entertaining offers from w Kentucky and Creighton??

there's no opinion there. its real Chief

and ill stand by my stance that NO single player is bigger than this program

Do you know for sure he has an offer from Creighton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom