Tremont Waters (again) | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This may be a hand size issue. When I was in peak shape (sadly when I was like 16) I could dunk a volleyball but couldn't dunk a basketball because I couldn't palm it and if I tried with two hands it cut down on my reach.
LOL. What could go wrong by bringing up hand size? What is someone going to do -- talk about something other than Tremont Waters in this thread?

But, how tall is he without shoes on?

Reaction Score
Question, If he played for us he couldn't be on the floor at the same time as Gilbert could he? Gilbert is 5'10" at most right?

Reaction Score
Question, If he played for us he couldn't be on the floor at the same time as Gilbert could he? Gilbert is 5'10" at most right?

In all reality we had Boat and Bazz at 5'10 (maybe) and 5'11 respectively. These guys are even smaller but they can be quite the pains on defense for others guards too, so while you wouldn't want it to be like that all too often it could work I think.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
In all reality we had Boat and Bazz at 5'10 (maybe) and 5'11 respectively. These guys are even smaller but they can be quite the pains on defense for others guards too, so while you wouldn't want it to be like that all too often it could work I think.
Remember when the U.K. backcourt was all like 6'8" and couldn't score on our dudes?

Reaction Score
Remember when the U.K. backcourt was all like 6'8" and couldn't score on our dudes?

2011: Starting Guards for Kentucky were Brandon Knight (6'3"), DeAndre Liggins (6'6"), and Doron Lamb (6'4") coming off the bench. Versus Kemba 6'1"/Shabazz 6'1"/Lamb 6'5", Kentucky guards went a combined 12-40 (30%) from the field with 7 assists to 6 turnovers (the UConn trio went 12-30 from the field, 40%, w/ 15 assists and 9 turnovers).

2014: Starting Guards for Kentucky were Aaron Harrison (6'6"), Andrew Harrison (6'6"), and James Young (6'6"). Versus Shabazz 6'1"/Boatright 5'11"/Kromah 6'6"/T-Sam 6'3", Kentucky Guards went a combined 11-29 (38%) from the field with 5 assists and 10 turnovers (if that isn't the definition of disruptive). The UConn guards went 15-27 (55%) from the field with 8 assists and 9 turnovers.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
2011: Starting Guards for Kentucky were Brandon Knight (6'3"), DeAndre Liggins (6'6"), and Doron Lamb (6'4") coming off the bench. Versus Kemba 6'1"/Shabazz 6'1"/Lamb 6'5", Kentucky guards went a combined 12-40 (30%) from the field with 7 assists to 6 turnovers (the UConn trio went 12-30 from the field, 40%, w/ 15 assists and 9 turnovers).

2014: Starting Guards for Kentucky were Aaron Harrison (6'6"), Andrew Harrison (6'6"), and James Young (6'6"). Versus Shabazz 6'1"/Boatright 5'11"/Kromah 6'6"/T-Sam 6'3", Kentucky Guards went a combined 11-29 (38%) from the field with 5 assists and 10 turnovers (if that isn't the definition of disruptive). The UConn guards went 15-27 (55%) from the field with 8 assists and 9 turnovers.
Just to play devil's advocate.

In this scenario we are comparing arguably two of Calipari's worst and most underperforming squads in his tenure at UK, while simultaneously comparing them to two of our two best teams by far under the same time span (which many call outliers relative to performance before and after). At worst Cal's teams have made it to the final four since the 2010's, at worst our teams were at home in March unfortunately some years.

Reaction Score

In this scenario we are comparing arguably two of Calipari's worst and most underperforming squads in his tenure at UK, while simultaneously comparing them to two of our two best teams by far under the same time span (which many call outliers relative to performance before and after). At worst Cal's teams have made it to the final four since the 2010's, at worst our teams were at home in March unfortunately some years.

Man this place has become depressing.......even when the conversation is slightly positive, there has to be at least one wet blanket.

It's not really "playing devil's advocate" when it runs in line with your schtick.

pj

Reaction Score
At worst Cal's teams have made it to the final four since the 2010's, at worst our teams were at home in March unfortunately some years.

Really I am confused as to what this has to do with the size of our guards vs theirs?:eek:

I don't know why you can't follow a simple syllogism:
MAJOR PREMISE: If Tremont Waters comes, we'll be playing two 5'10" guards side by side at least 20 minutes per game.
MINOR PREMISE: ????
CONCLUSION: Kentucky is likely to make the final four.

Reaction Score
I don't know why you can't follow a simple syllogism:
MAJOR PREMISE: If Tremont Waters comes, we'll be playing two 5'10" guards side by side at least 20 minutes per game.
MINOR PREMISE: ????
CONCLUSION: Kentucky is likely to make the final four.

Crap sorry it was all right in front of me thanks pj, my bad!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Waters is clearly waiting on Tre Duval to make his announcement before he commits anywhere. Let's hope Trevon picks Duke so we can get Waters and not have Duke big boy us like they did to Cuse with Tucker.

PS: Big difference between Vance and Tremont is that Waters can actually defend his position.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

Well, perhaps you noticed that the comparison is between the two sets of backcourts that actually played against each other. In the same game. On the same night.

Or, maybe you didn't.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Waters is clearly waiting on Tre Duval to make his announcement before he commits anywhere. Let's hope Trevon picks Duke so we can get Waters and not have Duke big boy us like they did to Cuse with Tucker.

PS: Big difference between Vance and Tremont is that Waters can actually defend his position.

Oh boy...

Reaction Score

Missed you magic. So then I guess if we get Tremont he's going to be guarding 3's and 4's based on your Vance comparison? Damn the little guy can defend.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I don't want a player that sees UConn as a backup option. If UConn is truly interested, I feel like there is much more to this recruitment that we don't know because this whole situation would be going against KO's word about his new recruiting strategy.

C

Chief00

Sorry, I don't want a player that sees UConn as a backup option. If UConn is truly interested, I feel like there is much more to this recruitment that we don't know because this whole situation would be going against KO's word about his new recruiting strategy.

Our strategy needs to be about winning games. I could care less about APR honors as long as we stay eligible.

C

Chief00

Chief needs to talk straight - drama can be fun but it gets old after awhile. Time to step up young fellow.
Chief

C

Chief00

Duval is going to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman