Tremont Waters (again) | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Got ya. Not looking to pick a battle, was more curious than anything.

I actually thought Bynum had expressed interest in participating, but since he never played at UConn, he wasn't invited. Could be wrong though.

I could be wrong as well. Not a problem.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought K looked familiar.

ae43cdc016cbf75aa5e68d3f784e998e.jpg
Don't forget Boeheim!
upload_2017-5-8_14-59-9.png

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Really? Going 16-17 is what got us here? Its a convenient argument but one I doubt very much.

Well, we went 16-17 for various reasons, which also play a role in our current predicament, naturally.

It's all interrelated. People look at a losing UConn team and ask why the team stunk, and then all the rumors that get floated around gain currency regardless of whether they're true or false.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
When has Bynum ever attended a UConn event?
In the world of being a contrarian just for the sake of it, Bynum can be pigeonholed into the narrative that we are somehow no different than the Calipari system.

Reaction Score
I think very few people on here are happy to see the staff swing and miss on anyone. If they were though, they'd be in a state of perpetual bliss lately.

But this one is different like it or not, that's all I'm saying!

C

Chief00

Are you sure we didn't lose a letter?
That was always the case - if he got an offer from Duke /UK /KU - he would go there. Now perhaps 99 has some new information - that they are going to offer IDK.
I don't have that new specific information - so I am standing still. Now maybe what's happening is last week apparently we both had strong information it was likely UConn and a decision would finally be soon - maybe the timeline has moved? I don't have any new timing information. Duval will announce for Duke - maybe that's the reality lightening that's needed.
My advice to KO and Chil is to set a deadline of this Friday - and rescind the offer then if it's not accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
That was always the case - if he got an offer from Duke /UK /KU - he would go there. Now perhaps 99 has some new information - that they are going to offer IDK.
I don't have that new specific information - so I am standing still. Now maybe what's happening is last week apparently we both had strong information it was likely UConn and a decision would finally be soon - maybe the timeline has moved? I don't have any new timing information. Duval will announce for Duke - maybe that's the reality lightening that's needed.
My advice to KO and Chil is to set a deadline of this Friday - and rescind the offer then if it's not accepted.
Yeah, but for some weird reason, I don't think we are in the position to do that.

C

Chief00

Yeah, but for some weird reason, I don't think we are in the position to do that.
You need to do that regardless - that gives us leverage we don't currently have. He doesn't dislike UConn - him and his Dad are just a little too caught up in rattling off the real big names.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
PG is actually the one spot where we are in a position to do that. Not that I think we should.

Reaction Score
I remember a few posters here saying Waters has great skill but isn't much of an athlete. A 5'9 guy who can do this and a 360 is a pretty serious athlete.

He's kind of like shabazz, in that he CAN jump and dunk, but not with a ton of authority and the energy it takes for him to dunk makes it impractical in games. Tremonts athleticism is more evident in his lateral foot speed.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He's kind of like shabazz, in that he CAN jump and dunk, but not with a ton of authority and the energy it takes for him to dunk makes it impractical in games. Tremonts athleticism is more evident in his lateral foot speed.
Tremont is much more athletic than Shabazz. Shabazz doesn't have the explosiveness for the dunk in the video above.

Reaction Score
He's way more bouncy than Shabazz. Kid is catching reverse alley oops in games, Shabazz could never dream of that.

Reaction Score
The next time Bazz dunks will be the first time. From the little I've seen Waters reminds me more of Boat than Bazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom