Tremont Waters (again) | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The next time Bazz dunks will be the first time. From the little I've seen Waters reminds me more of Boat than Bazz.
Bazz missed a dunk his freshman year and never tried again. He gets so high on finger rolls and rebounds there's no way he can't dunk though.

Reaction Score
The next time Bazz dunks will be the first time. From the little I've seen Waters reminds me more of Boat than Bazz.

Waters is nothing like boat as a player. In-game he performs much like shabazz. He uses his elite 3 point shot as his primary tool, which is much more like shabazz than boat. Boat was a shooting guard, basically, coming into uconn, who was labeled as a PG because of his height. Boat is also WAY more athletic than either. Dude won the dunk contest his freshman year against Andre Drummond.

Athleticism is obviously very subjective, but shabazz has dunked in NBA games. He had a 37.5in vertical at the combine. So, you're wrong on that account. The fact that waters needs to bounce the ball before taking off to dunk shows he can't jump that high with the ball in his hands.

I have also seen shabazz dunk between his legs in the gym. It's more about timing than vertical leaping ability, really.

All IMO though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You need to do that regardless - that gives us leverage we don't currently have. He doesn't dislike UConn - him and his Dad are just a little too caught up in rattling off the real big names.

Disagree. Waters is too good and the don't have enough players/talent overall. I mean, they could do it, but if he decided in the end later on to go to UCONN, they'd have to accept. And look like fools in the process.

UCONN are not playing from a position of strength at this time.

Reaction Score
Waters is nothing like boat as a player. In-game he performs much like shabazz. He uses his elite 3 point shot as his primary tool, which is much more like shabazz than boat. Boat was a shooting guard, basically, coming into UConn, who was labeled as a PG because of his height. Boat is also WAY more athletic than either. Dude won the dunk contest his freshman year against Andre Drummond.

Athleticism is obviously very subjective, but shabazz has dunked in NBA games. He had a 37.5in vertical at the combine. So, you're wrong on that account. The fact that waters needs to bounce the ball before taking off to dunk shows he can't jump that high with the ball in his hands.

I have also seen shabazz dunk between his legs in the gym. It's more about timing than vertical leaping ability, really.

All IMO though.
I wouldn't put much stock in a vertical measurement. Shabazz is taller, has a longer wingspan and his vertical was only a couple inches less than Boat's at the combine. On paper you would think Bazz would be the same type of dunker as Boat which we all know couldn't be further from the truth. Boat has elite bounce and dunking ability, Waters isn't Boat in this area but he certainly has more bounce and throws it down better than Bazz ever did.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Well, I built me a game and a really nice floater
Ol' JT III, he's callin' my name
Huskies were jumpin', but I gave them a thumpin'
T Waters keeps rollin' on past just the same

Tremont Waters, keep on rollin'
Western Kentucky, won't you keep on shinin' on me?

Yeah, keep on shinin' your light
Gonna make everything
Pretty ratface, gonna make everything all right
And I ain't got no worries
'Cause I ain't in no hurry at all

Well, if Cal is out, I don't care
Don't make no difference to me
Just take Coach K if he's goin' uptown
Yeah, I'd like to hear some funky Dukieland and dance a floppy-flop
And I'll be buyin' ev'rybody drinks all 'roun'

Keep on shinin' your light
Gonna make everything, everything
Gonna make everything all right
And I ain't got no worries
'Cause I ain't in no hurry at all

I'd like to hear some funky Dukieland
Pretty ratface, come and take me by the hand
(By the hand) hand (take me by the hand) pretty ratface
Gonna dance with your daddy all night long
By the hand, take me by the hand, pretty ratface (I wanna floppy-flop, floppy-flop)
Gonna dance with your daddy night long (floppy-flop with you all long)
By the hand, take me by the hand, pretty ratface (I wanna floppy-flop, floppy-flop)
Gonna dance with you all night long (floppy-flop with you all long)
Gonna dance with your daddy night long (floppy-flop with you all long)
Gonna dance with you all night long (floppy-flop with you all long)

I don't want to know who got billed for this.

C

Chief00

I wouldn't put much stock in a vertical measurement. Shabazz is taller, has a longer wingspan and his vertical was only a couple inches less than Boat's at the combine. On paper you would think Bazz would be the same type of dunker as Boat which we all know couldn't be further from the truth. Boat has elite bounce and dunking ability, Waters isn't Boat in this area but he certainly has more bounce and throws it down better than Bazz ever did.
I agree more like Bazz than Boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Disagree. Waters is too good and the don't have enough players/talent overall. I mean, they could do it, but if he decided in the end later on to go to UConn, they'd have to accept. And look like fools in the process.

UConn are not playing from a position of strength at this time.

I understand your sentiments - as JC taugh me - sometimes you need to give a guy a little push - to get him where you want.

C

Chief00

He's kind of like shabazz, in that he CAN jump and dunk, but not with a ton of authority and the energy it takes for him to dunk makes it impractical in games. Tremonts athleticism is more evident in his lateral foot speed.
Good observation - more of an ankle breaker than a dunker like Chief was.

C

Chief00

Almost 67k views - don't tell me there isn't interest in UConn men's basketball

pj

Reaction Score
I'm not sure anyone has ever said that... but ok

Tremont and his Dad may need to hear it. They crave the big stage -- well, UConn is pretty big.

Reaction Score
This guy could be a franchise changer for Uconn. We DO have really good guards with Vital Gilbert and Adams--but I think Waters reminds me so much of Shabazz(a more athletic Shabazz) and we know the story there. Napier came off the bench his first year and an incredible career finished off with a nice NBA draft pick. Even though we wouldnt be very tall--we could be quick and could play as many as 4 guards at once. I just feel like getting Tremont would reinvigorate the team/fans and reshape the position of our franchise. This is an important period--we need to execute here--and then KEEP the guys together for 2-3 years. I think we could change directions very quickly.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This may be a hand size issue. When I was in peak shape (sadly when I was like 16) I could dunk a volleyball but couldn't dunk a basketball because I couldn't palm it and if I tried with two hands it cut down on my reach.

Reaction Score
This may be a hand size issue. When I was in peak shape (sadly when I was like 16) I could dunk a volleyball but couldn't dunk a basketball because I couldn't palm it and if I tried with two hands it cut down on my reach.

LOL. What could go wrong by bringing up hand size? What is someone going to do -- talk about something other than Tremont Waters in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom