Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This ×1000. If that was remotely true, the problem wasn't UConn Twiiter. It was the kid to begin with. He's a a WR. No position in football has as many primadonas quite like the WR position. Maybe in all sports.
Yep, sounds like there is an ESPY opportunity somewhere here for this category/subject matter.

Reaction Score
Or he’s talented enough that he heard from a higher level program that he can play there. UConn and all non-P5 (even non P-2) programs are going to face occasional issues where talented players are going to look for a bigger platform. It’ll be a constant development job for the coaching staff, but at least the early returns with this staff are very positive.

Best of luck to Turner and Marion, hope they light it up and bring lots of press as “UConn transfer”

Reaction Score
Or he’s talented enough that he heard from a higher level program that he can play there. UConn and all non-P5 (even non P-2) programs are going to face occasional issues where talented players are going to look for a bigger platform. It’ll be a constant development job for the coaching staff, but at least the early returns with this staff are very positive.

Best of luck to Turner and Marion, hope they light it up and bring lots of press as “UConn transfer”
Or it could be we are running a qb friendly offense where the qb has the opportunity to throw to open receivers instead of just reading his number 1 read who usually is WR1 meaning putting more pressure on the qb to find the open guy. I like Turner and Marion, but them leaving is probably best for the team. Like someone else said, we won majority of our games without Marion.

Reaction Score
I
I wish UConn football twitter was this influential. Its not there yet. That guy should check out the other 130 fanbases.
LOL. IDK, I'm not on social media. unless these forums can be considered.

Reaction Score
Maybe KM is just a very sensitive guy and was feeling down about new players, like these visiting today, being brought in to potentially take his spot on the field........................:rolleyes:
I doubt it. The kids a playmaker period

Reaction Score
Good luck to Aaron Turner. Great family and a great kid. Some of us forget that Aaron was QB Caleb Williams #1 receiver in High School where they won a championship together. I can remember sitting at the UConn v UMass game a few years ago when Aaron's Dad, Eli, got a call from a friend that Caleb had just gone in for Spencer Rattler in the OU/ Texas game. OU was trailing badly, but on hearing that news, Eli said to me " Rattler will never see the field again. Caleb is the real deal!" OU came back to win and the rest is history, a transfer to USC and the Heisman Trophy. Aaron is likely to end up at a VG Power 5 School.

Reaction Score
Good luck to Aaron Turner. Great family and a great kid. Some of us forget that Aaron was QB Caleb Williams #1 receiver in High School where they won a championship together. I can remember sitting at the UConn v UMass game a few years ago when Aaron's Dad, Eli, got a call from a friend that Caleb had just gone in for Spencer Rattler in the OU/ Texas game. OU was trailing badly, but on hearing that news, Eli said to me " Rattler will never see the field again. Caleb is the real deal!" OU came back to win and the rest is history, a transfer to USC and the Heisman Trophy. Aaron is likely to end up at a VG Power 5 School.
He is 5'7", no good or very good, or even bad Power 5 team is going to touch the kid. Going to a very good P5 or even any P5 is a crazy take. If your reasoning was sound, he would of had tons of very good P5 offers out of high school, he didn't. Not to bash the kid, but he just doesn't have the size for the big time.

Reaction Score
He is 5'7", no good or very good, or even bad Power 5 team is going to touch the kid. Going to a very good P5 or even any P5 is a crazy take. If your reasoning was sound, he would of had tons of very good P5 offers out of high school, he didn't. Not to bash the kid, but he just doesn't have the size for the big time.
I hear what your saying but he now has shown productivity at the FBS level. That counts for more than HS I would think.

Reaction Score
I hear what your saying but he now has shown productivity at the FBS level. That counts for more than HS I would think.
The previous comment was a lot about how great a QB he had throwing to him in high school and how that somehow translates into getting an upper P5 offer now. I don't doubt he will be good somewhere, but to say he will be picked up by a very good P5 team is a bit over the top because he has so much going against him. Granted the kid may kill it, but if you are a very good P5 team, you aren't taking a chance on an undersized dude who did pretty good subbing in when the two top guys at went down for a team that got crushed by very good P5 teams.

Reaction Score
I think clercious is a dark horse to have one of the best years on the team, he showed some flashes last yr
I agree - I think he was under utilized; some of that I think was that one of his strengths is using his size at the back of the end zone and we didn't really have that play in the playback too often given the QB situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom