Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised of Tyler Phommachanh ends up at Sacred Heart....and lights it up there... that school has their stuff together at the FCS level. And they're still ascending, program and schoolwise in general.... Anybody else that lives around the Fairfield CT area should take a quick ride around there. They're not playing around.
Hoping he tears it up (wherever he ends up). Good kid.
My oldest graduates from Sacred Heart next month. The transformation of the campus in just the past four years has been amazing. The new hockey arena is beautiful. Kind of reminds me of UConn, on a much smaller scale of course - where there was once open space at UConn, there are now many new buildings. Same thing at SHU. I believe Tyler would make a great Pioneer. Good luck wherever he lands!

Reaction Score
He probably is a really good player, but, at least on paper, UConn does seem to have WR depth.
I asked that last season and I think someone said that he waS hurt

Reaction Score
Nothing against Tyler Phommachanh personally, but my goodness, 5'10" 182 lbs QB???
He performed well. I am not disappointed that UConn went in a different direction. I am not convinced that his brother is better because he’s bigger.

Reaction Score
Tyler Phommachanh provided a glimmer of hope during some really dark days for us fans. Got first downs and kept the chains moving (yes, I know the stats weren't great, he moved the team). Him feeling he needs to leave to see the field is a sign for how much the program has improved since coach Mora took over. Hope he does well wherever he lands.

Reaction Score
Unfortunate news, but not unexpected. I always cheer for the local kids, so I wanted him to succeed. But this could be one of those win/win situations if he has success in another location. He wasn’t going to play here so why keep him on the bench. I truly hope he prospers elsewhere. Good luck Tyler!

Reaction Score
Very sad to see Tyler P go but not unexpected. He was awesome when he was given a fair chance to play. He was a bright spot on a bad team, and he was great. I really wished Mora gave him a shot when our freshman QB was struggling last year.

I hope he lands at a good spot. He deserves it.

Reaction Score
He performed well. I am not disappointed that UConn went in a different direction. I am not convinced that his brother is better because he’s bigger.
His brother has not done well. He did not do well at Clemson or I believe Georgia Tech. I hope he does well in the future.

Reaction Score
His brother has not done well. He did not do well at Clemson or I believe Georgia Tech. I hope he does well in the future.
Much like Tyler, he spent a good part of college hurt. At Clemson they usually have a couple of five star and a couple of four stars QBs on the roster. The kid has talent especially if healthy.

Reaction Score
Much like Tyler, he spent a good part of college hurt. At Clemson they usually have a couple of five star and a couple of four stars QBs on the roster. The kid has talent especially if healthy.

This speaks to being a bigger fish in a small pond, similar to staying home. See Chris Smith, Orlovsky, Clingan, Rosa, and so many more examples.

Reaction Score

Whoa. Didn't see that one coming.

Hopefully this is about seeing more talented WRs than him in the room and not wanting to lose playing time, and not that he has an offer for more NIL or a better program. My impressions are that Turner was really good with the ball in his hands, but wasn't nearly so good at catching the ball while covered or fearing that he was about to take a hit. Hopefully this isn't a loss of anything more than depth, but I'm not confident of that.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Gotta think he was poached…

Absolutely. He attended Gonzaga High School down in the DC area which is a big program.....lots of channels there.

We where lucky in December in the first portal window.

I'm ready to close this window! Ha Need to survive through 4/30!

Reaction Score
Mixed feelings on this one. Obviously I’m disappointed that he’s leaving, but feel that there are better players on the roster. The bad news is we need depth since some of these better players can’t stay on the field due to injuries.

Reaction Score
Not sure what went on in spring practice that caused Aaron to leave, maybe the receiver room was too crowded, but he was certainly good enough to contribute. I'd guess his landing spot is already chosen.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Isn't Russell Wilson 5'10?

Russell Wilson is listed at 5'11" and 215 lbs. Bit different than 182 lbs.

To summarize, it's the combination of way below average height and way below average weight that would make almost every player Tyler Phommachanh's size a no go at QB for BCS football.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Russell Wilson is listed at 5'11" and 215 lbs. Bit different than 182 lbs.

To summarize, it's the combination of way below average height and way below average weight that would make almost every player Tyler Phommachanh's size a no go at QB for BCS football.
What did Bryce Young weigh when he was Tyler's age?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom