Transfers (merged threads) | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that when transferring, players have the experience and know more or less what they are looking for. If you want a championship contending school, it limits it down. By then players should know what system/style of play they will thrive in. I agree it seems a little rushed at times.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I suspect AAU and/or HS coaches are heavily involved in the transfer process, essentially as matchmakers. The kids in the transfer portal are in an awkward position. Once they list, they have essentially abandoned their teammates. Most probably want to find a new home ASAP.

Reaction Score
I'm just waiting to hear if Louisville picked anyone up. What a development if the got all 3? That would be crazy.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t Louisville already have a deep bench? They only lost 3 seniors ... grad transfers are going to want to play right away I don’t see all 3 going to louisvllle. Hopefully Geno and company have scheduled visits and we just don’t know anything yet. I have a feeling we will land the international guard in the class of 2019 and a grad transfer who is a big interior size player. I think UCONN’s priority going foward is height. We have enough guards and will have 2 unbelievable and one a program changer in point guards coming in 2020. We need big bodies so I hope we get condosa 6’6 out of Tennessee , gusters 6’5 out of Texas, and sadly Marshall out of CTK will head to Notre Dame. UCONN Needs bigs but sadly it’s not going to be easy.. it always seems hard to sign bigs for UCONN not sure why.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why did Walker play in only 4 games this past season? Was it a new injury? She effectively hasn't played since the 2016-2017 season.

Reaction Score
I think that when transferring, players have the experience and know more or less what they are looking for. If you want a championship contending school, it limits it down. By then players should know what system/style of play they will thrive in. I agree it seems a little rushed at times.
This all makes sense. I was getting kind of worried too for if a lot of transfers have already found a new home. But, like you said, they have the knowledge and experience to have a better understanding of what they are looking for. That Twitter account claims that HS players do a lot of research on the schools, to make a point that the transfers aren't? Don't agree with that one. High schoolers are susceptible to so many things, why do you think so many players have been lured to TN by HW? They hardly researched anything other than the name of the program..

I think college players know what they are looking for, and have seen other teams play. They know where they could thrive. And they also are aware of any academic obstacles too. It does concern still that "so many" players are already out of the portal. I feel like a player should visit at least two schools before making a decision. I mean, it's there fault either way... But you need multiple schools for comparison.

Reaction Score
Why did Walker play in only 4 games this past season? Was it a new injury? She effectively hasn't played since the 2016-2017 season.
Freshman (2015-16) - 32 Games
Sophomore (2016-17) - 21 Games
RS Junior (2018-19) - 4 Games

Hate to see a player have a rocky career due to injuries, especially when they get off to a fast start like she did. Hope she can get back on track.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
2 full years left of eligibility. She redshirted last year due to injury. Apparently she is injury prone.

Hopefully she will be healthy enough to drop at least 43pts on her former school :cool:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Freshman (2015-16) - 32 Games
Sophomore (2016-17) - 21 Games
RS Junior (2018-19) - 4 Games

Hate to see a player have a rocky career due to injuries, especially when they get off to a fast start like she did. Hope she can get back on track.

2017-2018 - 0 games

Reaction Score
Doesn’t Louisville already have a deep bench? They only lost 3 seniors ... grad transfers are going to want to play right away I don’t see all 3 going to louisvllle. Hopefully Geno and company have scheduled visits and we just don’t know anything yet. I have a feeling we will land the international guard in the class of 2019 and a grad transfer who is a big interior size player. I think UCONN’s priority going foward is height. We have enough guards and will have 2 unbelievable and one a program changer in point guards coming in 2020. We need big bodies so I hope we get condosa 6’6 out of Tennessee , gusters 6’5 out of Texas, and sadly Marshall out of CTK will head to Notre Dame. UCONN Needs bigs but sadly it’s not going to be easy.. it always seems hard to sign bigs for UCONN not sure why.
They have quite a few 5-star guards who they think will never crack the rotation, which is why they need Balogun and Smith. :D

Reaction Score
Wow. Louisville 247 Writer wrote "won't be any room after these three are added." I guess they got all 3.

Reaction Score
We missed out on Elizabeth Dixon...she would have really helped. Hope Geno has his eyes on a big that can play this coming season

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

This season's injury appears to have been a hip injury. It was a knee injury that kept her out in 17-18.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
We missed out on Elizabeth Dixon...she would have really helped. Hope Geno has his eyes on a big that can play this coming season

I don't believe there was any interest so there was no missing out.

Reaction Score

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
There were four KY freshmen (one a redshirt) would be surprised to see them gone exceot Mykasa. Duvall and Robins were both 5* too.

Not expecting anyone to transfer now. Thinking about after next season. Gonna be hard to keep everyone happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom