Transfers (merged threads) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And so the long, strange journey of Te'a Cooper continues.

Well Dawn is laying down the rules early. And Nell Fortner must have hit Te'a up and told her to come to Hotlanta and play her game. I believe in Dawn vision not worried.

Last edited:

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
This is a part of the WBB method. If you are a highly ranked recruit and you feel like you are not getting the attention or playing time you deserve...transfer out. I am not saying it's wrong...it's just what it is. Harrigan was a good...but not always great, player. Cooper has her own issues as a two time transfer, as it is. I don't think it's anymore than that. You have an end of the year sit down with players and lay it on the line. That's when you decide commitment...or flee....I don't see Dawn as someone who bites her tongue so flee might be a good option if you are not willing to commit. South Carolina will be fine. They have a core returning...a great class coming in....and the transfer portal is full....stay tuned !!!

I did find this interesting though.
In her lone season, Cooper averaged 11.9 points, 2.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game in 30 appearances and 28 starts for the Gamecocks. After South Carolina lost in the Sweet 16 to Baylor, Cooper was asked if she would return for her redshirt senior season and responded, “Absolutely.”

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With over 400 transfers in the portal I would be surprised if they waive the one year sit rule. If they do, can you imagine what the number would be this time next year.
Been thinking about that number of transfers in the portal. We (BYs) might be alarmed by that number but take a step back for a second and consider. There are 346 D1 basketball programs= 1.16 per school.
The last 3 NCAA WCBB champions (SC, ND, Baylor) and a couple more FF teams (UCONN, Oregon) have had high impact transfers on the rosters (Davis, Gray, Shepard, Thompson, Stevens, Boley, & Jackson ???). Jackson & Thompson were graduate transfers.
Boley, Davis, Stevens, & Gray all had to sit for a year.
IMO we may be overreacting specifically to the number of players in the portal and because of Jessica Shepard being granted a waiver. Of the 400 + players that are in the portal maybe 5-6 (at best) are impact transfers. I'm defining impact transfers to be a player who transfers and that player is the difference between her team making or contending for a final 4 spot. For the season just completed impact transfers would include (Jackson, Boley and Anriel Howard). Danni Williams at Texas and AEH at Missi. St. transferred and had good season but were they really impact transfers?
Who do we think are the impact transfers currently in the portal.
Evina Westbrook
Elizabeth Dixon
Sidney Cooks
Elizabeth Balogun ???
Kiki Herbert Harrigan????

Reaction Score
the rumor going around the Baylor site, she is goin to Baylor,

another rumor is Westbrook to UCONN
Although I doubt Geno was charmed by her “throw the coaching staff under the bus” interview after their tournament loss, or is interested dealing with an overly-involved parent, that would stoke the embers of the soon-not-to-be-dormant rivalry!

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Who is reporting Westbrook to UCONN because I have seen 0 indication of that

No one reported it. Someone here mentioned that Clay Kallum posted somewhere about Westbrook and UConn. Sounds extremely unlikely to me.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Has the Size and Good Stats that UConn is looking for.

Christian Simmons (@WeWorkHoops) | Twitter

6’2 RS JR Forward Evelyn Adebayo will graduate and transfer from Murray State. Adeboyo averaged 18.2 PPG and 11.4 RPG (including 23.6 and 9 vs High Major competition) and was named 1st Team All-OVC Conference during the 18-19 season. Those interested contact me directly.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Has the Size and Good Stats that UConn is looking for.
Christian Simmons (@WeWorkHoops) | Twitter
6’2 RS JR Forward Evelyn Adebayo will graduate and transfer from Murray State. Adeboyo averaged 18.2 PPG and 11.4 RPG (including 23.6 and 9 vs High Major competition) and was named 1st Team All-OVC Conference during the 18-19 season. Those interested contact me directly.
Sense a little bit of inflation in the height department here. She was listed at 6'0" coming out of HS in 2015. Last year the Murray State roster listed her at 6'1". Good numbers for Murray State just think there may be better and taller players in the portal available to UCONN e.g., 6'5" Elizabeth Dixon.

Reaction Score
This speculation on transfers to UConn seems slightly odd to me. I mean I hope we can get a player or two, but predicting who seems incredibly difficult. Geno & staff are very particular about who enters the program. Good stats arent nearly enough.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This speculation on transfers to UConn seems slightly odd to me. I mean I hope we can get a player or two, but predicting who seems incredibly difficult. Geno & staff are very particular about who enters the program. Good stats arent nearly enough.
I don't see it as any different than the hundreds of pages of speculation on other recruiting classes. UCONN needs players. Players in the portal are candidates as well as international players.

Reaction Score
Are there any more international player other than Anna Mukurat the UConn is interested in?

Reaction Score
Been thinking about that number of transfers in the portal. We (BYs) might be alarmed by that number but take a step back for a second and consider. There are 346 D1 basketball programs= 1.16 per school.
The last 3 NCAA WCBB champions (SC, ND, Baylor) and a couple more FF teams (UCONN, Oregon) have had high impact transfers on the rosters (Davis, Gray, Shepard, Thompson, Stevens, Boley, & Jackson ???). Jackson & Thompson were graduate transfers.
Boley, Davis, Stevens, & Gray all had to sit for a year.
IMO we may be overreacting specifically to the number of players in the portal and because of Jessica Shepard being granted a waiver. Of the 400 + players that are in the portal maybe 5-6 (at best) are impact transfers. I'm defining impact transfers to be a player who transfers and that player is the difference between her team making or contending for a final 4 spot. For the season just completed impact transfers would include (Jackson, Boley and Anriel Howard). Danni Williams at Texas and AEH at Missi. St. transferred and had good season but were they really impact transfers?
Who do we think are the impact transfers currently in the portal.
Evina Westbrook
Elizabeth Dixon
Sidney Cooks
Elizabeth Balogun ???
Kiki Herbert Harrigan????

I like Stephanie Watts from NC. I think she can be an impact player if she stays healthy.

Reaction Score
Who is reporting Westbrook to UCONN because I have seen 0 indication of that
Have seen several posts on other college boards that "Westbrook would be a good fit for UConn" but its too early for any factual reports.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Stephanie Watts to the other Carolina seems like a possible good fit. Plus she would be closer to her home than she was playing in chapel Hill.

Reaction Score
What's going on with Dawn? Are these freshman going to back out of their NLI's next?

Reaction Score
Not that I’m saying it will happen ... mostl likely it will never happen. But why not westbrook first she wants to compete for a national title. She is friends with Meghan and they went on a recruiting trip together to ND. Holly gave 30 years to the lady vols.. loyalty at its best!! What makes u think Harper is going to be any better?? She hasn’t proven her self .. so she took a mid major to a sweet 16. Her record speaks for itself. But she will probably do well at tenneseee. But it’s going to take a few years to get the lady vols back into final four contention. Maybe westrbrook sees she only has 2 more years left of college ball and can see her having a better chance to get to a final four and compete for a national title. Geno is the best coach in the business so never say never. A lot of strange things have occurred the past year with recruiting and all the new transfers coming out recently .. so even though it’s pretty much a rumor or hoax u never know what goes through a players mind. Stay tune I have a feeling we’re going to see a lot more storylines in the next couple of weeks!! (Lastly I have no inside information on anything.. it’s just my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom