Transfers (merged threads) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
With FSU being brought up as a possible destination, I’m reminded Kiki’s boyfriend Stanford Samuel’s is a DB on FSU’s football team. He’s a rising junior, so two more years athletic eligibility. During football season she frequently travels down to Tallahassee to catch his games.

Exactly why I said it. Lol. Plus Semrau, while a good coach, just isn’t the disciplinarian that Staley is.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Geno is very picky with the players he recruits and I think another level is added when a player decides to transfer - the reasons for transfer and the limited years he gets to work with the player make the screen even tougher to pass.

I have no idea about what kind of person Westbrook is, but from her own comments and reports I would suspect Geno would not be interested - she seems to be very talented but suspect neither she nor Geno will be interested.

The two recent transfers he has taken were players caught up in great upheaval with school investigations into the coaching staffs. That provided a very clear reason for them to want to look elsewhere that didn't have to do with playing time or other more 'problematic' issues.
Before her comments and watching Evina I honestly thought her play never seemed the problem. What would have kept Geno from extending any tendrils her way is an over involved, over opinionated family. I think it was those whispers in her ear that led to such comments. What kids her age really don't seem to understand is that once you let that stuff out people can't (or won't) unsee it, and you can't unsay it.

Reaction Score
Insight from our SC guests and on what this means for next year's roster??

I am not shocked . I thought It would have been 4 transfers
I love KiKi game.. So talented but its very obvious she is lacking focus, dedication and commitment.
She is a Jr. and should have been a leader. She won a championship and she was part of a once in a lifetime moment in WCB. Will always have love for KiKi.

Bianca Jackson was always a role player coming of the bench. She had several opportunities to step up last year when Lindsey Spann got injured and this year at the start of the season. ...Smart young lady but she not your typical lady game cock.

Laz Williams was never going to play a role on this team. No shade but she should be total grateful for this opportunity to be coached by the Goat.

I Thought Lele would be part of the bunch but I can truly see she is a humble young lady and Dawn type of player that's she can develop. She is an Asia Dozier type team player. Who know her role.

I am looking forward to Harris aka Smooth and Te'a aka Hotlanta in the back court. Henderson aka flash and Saxton aka beast mode are going to be ready to Go hard and all in next season.

I am so excited about this freshman class. These freshman are Dawn type players.
We will be a top 10 team next year. If the entire freshman class is healthy we will be back to Final Four in 2 years

I wish all of them well but we need players that believe in Dawn vision. I'm ok with it all .

Reaction Score
Insight from our SC guests and on what this means for next year's roster??
I think it means we need to get at good transfer or 2 to make up for the talent we are losing, especially with Herbert-Harrigan. Because is looks like we are going to rolling with Ty Harris, maybe Tea Cooper and bunch of really young players. We need some experienced quality talent badly to be any kind of contender next year.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well maybe she’s already mentioned in the transfers thread! As a matter of fact, she is.

OK , so maybe that could have been something you mentioned rather than saying it did not even belong on the main board.

Reaction Score
Do all these potential transfers expect to play next season? NCAA waiver? Harrigan, I think has one year of eligibility remaining. Sit for a year?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do all these potential transfers expect to play next season? NCAA waiver? Harrigan, I think has one year of eligibility remaining. Sit for a year?
NCAA expected to have new transfer rules in place before the start of academic year (August). Those new rules might eliminate the year of sitting for transfers. If no changes are implemented then any "Non-graduate transfer" (includes Harrigan) would have to sit for a year. Unless... they request a waiver and the NCAA grants it. The lack of transparency and inconsistent application in the waiver process is the very reason the rules are being reconsidered by the NCAA.

Reaction Score
NCAA expected to have new transfer rules in place before the start of academic year (August). Those new rules might eliminate the year of sitting for transfers. If no changes are implemented then any "Non-graduate transfer" (includes Harrigan) would have to sit for a year. Unless... they request a waiver and the NCAA grants it. The lack of transparency and inconsistent application in the waiver process is the very reason the rules are being reconsidered by the NCAA.

With over 400 transfers in the portal I would be surprised if they waive the one year sit rule. If they do, can you imagine what the number would be this time next year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With over 400 transfers in the portal I would be surprised if they waive the one year sit rule. If they do, can you imagine what the number would be this time next year.
As much as I don't like it the NCAA really isn't that concerned about WCBB or 400 of it's players. Football and men's basketball will drive this wave and WCBB will be caught up in the tide. The NCAA may have already tipped its hand with the approval of Justin Fields waiver.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Another day, another P5 transfer. Cooks was ranked #5(!) in her class by Hoopgurlz, only #69 by ProspectsNation. I think ND was tracking at one point. Doesn't seem like she quite met expectations.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

That's even ahead of Louisville. Luckily for Dawn she is a magnet for transfers so while she does lose some players, the ones she brings in are often superior to the ones transferring out.

Reaction Score
Another day, another P5 transfer. Cooks was ranked #5(!) in her class by Hoopgurlz, only #69 by ProspectsNation. I think ND was tracking at one point. Doesn't seem like she quite met expectations.

A little surprising here. She flashed some ability at MSU. Maybe she wants to go somewhere where her game can develop faster.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Geezer. 2017 might give 2013 a run for its money regarding the most number of transfers. Already HG #2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 have jumped ship.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Could ND do a reverse Reimer here? Not sure what happened but I know ND was watching Cooks very early on like in her Freshmen year of HS.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Could ND do a reverse Reimer here? Not sure what happened but I know ND was watching Cooks very early on like in her Freshmen year of HS.

I don't know if it's a real possiblity, but I would like to see it. The stats don't jump off the page but she looked good in the NCAA tourney this year and she definitely has talent.

ND could use another front court player (even assuming she has to sit out a year) and things worked out pretty well for the last top-5 rated forward who transferred into ND.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I saw someone on Twitter yesterday say that a top-5 recruit from 2017 was already in the portal. Since the HG top 5 from that year was Walker-Westbrook-Boothe-Patterson-Cooks, by process of elimination that left only Walker (!!) and Cooks as the only realistic possibilities. I'm really glad it was Cooks, whew.

Reaction Score
If Westbrook decides to leave, 4 of the top-5 in Hoopgurlz 2017 rankings will have departed and 9 of the top-20 will no longer be at the school they signed with. Yikes.

2016 is similar, but all top-4 recruits stayed at the schools they signed with, but 10 of the top-20 aren’t at the school they signed with.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Just heard that Te'a Cooper is also transferring out of So Carolina.

Gamecocks’ leading scorer Te’a Cooper intends to transfer from South Carolina
South Carolina women’s basketball will lose its top scorer from 2018-2019 as senior guard Te’a Cooper has entered her name in the transfer portal an...
amp.thestate.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog