Transfers (merged threads) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe Miami would be a landing spot for one of the two of the U.S.Carolina transfer's. Dont know anything about their recruits... but the only person with size on their roster graduates next season.

Reaction Score
Yes you did. Of course, I didn't get why some had SC ranked so high before this news but that's a different issue.

The loss of so many talented seniors from top teams creates a big of a hole in the top 10, which makes it a bit harder to evaluate. SC was top 15 (and 2nd in SEC) in what I thought would be a rebuilding year. With a dynamite freshman class, seemed to be the SEC fave next year? .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One other point worth mentioning. As we all know, Te’a Cooper had issues with teammates at TN. There is a really bizarre situation with Cooper at SC, with news stories that Cooper is engaged to Dwight Howard, and there is some kind of lawsuit involving Howard and another man that he is accused of having a relationship with. There was talk that Cooper would turn pro, but she recently announced she will be back in SC next year. That may be more drama than some players want in Columbia.

lawd hammercy

Reaction Score
Maybe Miami would be a landing spot for one of the two of the U.S.Carolina transfer's. Dont know anything about their recruits... but the only person with size on their roster graduates next season.
Miami did recruit Herbert-Harrigan. She has or had a picture of herself in the Hurricanes’ uni on her Twitter so I assume she used one of her OV’s on them.

Also, other than the depth chart regarding Jackson’s transfer, I don’t believe Te’a Cooper off the court has anything to do with these transfers.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe not, but Trakh landed the #5 class of 2019 including two State Gatorade POY.

Cool. I still like and follow the USC women. I was shocked and surprised when Sadie Edwards landed there. I followed her during the time she was there. :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
*cough*
*cough*
As i started in the preseason thread there are going to be some big transfers this offseason. It really was buzzing around AAU circuit after conference tourneys and especially with these schools with big signed classes.
So if assume big to be 4 or more those schools would include:
Maryland (4)-no transfers reported so far
South Carolina (5)-3 reported transfers
Stanford (4)-1 reported transfer
tOSU (5)-no transfers reported so far
UCLA (5)-no transfers reported so far
Mississippi State (5) ???
USC (5)-2 reported transfers
UNC-(4)-3 reported transfers
NCSt (4)-no transfers reported so far.
Have I missed any big fish?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

well a mid-sized fish..... Duke (4)

Reaction Score
-Not surprised to see those South Carolina players transfer with the incoming freshmen coming in. Dawn has always been one to change her lineup often so there's no guarantee that you always start unless your name is A'ja Wilson and even she didn't start right away. The only post player they have now is Boston with a slew of guards.

-And I didn't know Cooper was dating Dwight Howard! What the what?

-Tina Thompson should've taken the USC job when it opened.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State had two players transfer in the preseason, a top-50 FR Center went Juco and Iggy Allen to Miami. They have at least one player on the roster who will likely never sniff the floor in Nyah Tate.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
-Not surprised to see those South Carolina players transfer with the incoming freshmen coming in. Dawn has always been one to change her lineup often so there's no guarantee that you always start unless your name is A'ja Wilson and even she didn't start right away. The only post player they have now is Boston with a slew of guards.

-And I didn't know Cooper was dating Dwight Howard! What the what?

-Tina Thompson should've taken the USC job when it opened

UVA is a better job.... so good that she waited.

Reaction Score
oh no.... if i make it to Columbia..... I'll be stuffing myself at DEL TACO

I don't know what your jobs is, but I feel like you should be doing food tourism -- like a Rick Steves for eats.

You could go to all those restaurants where the Duke grads are waiters. Geno says those are nice places.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I can only speculate on Harrigan’s issues at SC, but I notice that while she had some great games, and played in all 33 games for the Gamecocks this season, she only started 21. Dawn was constantly tinkering with her lineup this season, and Harrigan’s minutes were all over the place. In addition, she got yanked in and out of the lineup frequently.

One other point worth mentioning. As we all know, Te’a Cooper had issues with teammates at TN. There is a really bizarre situation with Cooper at SC, with news stories that Cooper is engaged to Dwight Howard, and there is some kind of lawsuit involving Howard and another man that he is accused of having a relationship with. There was talk that Cooper would turn pro, but she recently announced she will be back in SC next year. That may be more drama than some players want in Columbia.

giphy.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Same boat to me. Both haven't had any relevance.

UVA... one of the top public school in the country... easier place to recruit.. ..... and they actually have wcbb fans. What does Southern Cal average in attendance? 100 people? :eek:

Reaction Score
Elizabeth Dixon from Georgia Tech seems like a big that may help. Do you think UConn has interest? Do you think a waiver would go through to allow her to play next season?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I don't know what your jobs is, but I feel like you should be doing food tourism -- like a Rick Steves for eats.

You could go to all those restaurants where the Duke grads are waiters. Geno says those are nice places.

Or like the Guy Fieri of the Research Triangle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog