Transfers (merged threads) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Dude, it's in his name - he's from the TRIAD, not the Triangle ! :)

I assumed the Duke grads were waiting tables close to campus

(and also I didn't know what the Triad was and what the Triad part of the username meant until I googled it just now...learned something today)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Or like the Guy Fieri of the Research Triangle

Doesn't he have the best job in the world.... my goodness

And its the TRIAD :mad: not the Triangle........ those are fighting words along tobacco road. :mad::mad:

(though I do admit the Triangle has some fine restaurants...many that I hope to visit during the off-season) :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I assumed the Duke grads were waiting tables close to campus

(and also I didn't know what the Triad was and what the Triad part of the username meant until I googled it just now...learned something today)

You thought I was part of a Chinese organized crime program?? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I apologize for getting this thread off-track..... Head bang

But I do have a question...... when the players who announce they are going to transfer.... are their school visits paid for by the school.... or do the players have to pay for their own traveling/room/board expenses?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I can only speculate on Harrigan’s issues at SC, but I notice that while she had some great games, and played in all 33 games for the Gamecocks this season, she only started 21. Dawn was constantly tinkering with her lineup this season, and Harrigan’s minutes were all over the place. In addition, she got yanked in and out of the lineup frequently.

One other point worth mentioning. As we all know, Te’a Cooper had issues with teammates at TN. There is a really bizarre situation with Cooper at SC, with news stories that Cooper is engaged to Dwight Howard, and there is some kind of lawsuit involving Howard and another man that he is accused of having a relationship with. There was talk that Cooper would turn pro, but she recently announced she will be back in SC next year. That may be more drama than some players want in Columbia.

I think Te'a's problems are behind her. I also heard the rumor about dating Dwight Howard, but I don't know if there's anything to them. I think Te'a was a player many others looked up to this season. I think she'll have a big senior year. I don't believe Kiki HH could play for Geno.

Reaction Score
I apologize for getting this thread off-track..... Head bang

But I do have a question. when the players who announce they are going to transfer.... are their school visits paid for by the school.... or do the players have to pay for their own traveling/room/board expenses?
And this might be obvious so please excuse my ignorance...
when a player announces that they are transferring or enters the transfer portal, are they dismissed from the school or their scholarship pulled is it up to the coach to decide what happens?
Thanks.

Reaction Score
And this might be obvious so please excuse my ignorance...
when a player announces that they are transferring or enters the transfer portal, are they dismissed from the school or their scholarship pulled is it up to the coach to decide what happens?
Thanks.
I know when you enter the transfer portal, the institution has the choice whether or not they would like to honor the player's scholarship or not.

Reaction Score
I think Te'a's problems are behind her. I also heard the rumor about dating Dwight Howard, but I don't know if there's anything to them. I think Te'a was a player many others looked up to this season. I think she'll have a big senior year. I don't believe Kiki HH could play for Geno.
Definitely dating. Posted a lot of Snapchat vids of them together at his home during Spring Break. She wears a huge diamond on her finger and wears a necklace with a “D.H.” charm on it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Or like the Guy Fieri of the Research Triangle
1554852915886.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A fast food place?

Forget a basketball game..... I might drive 3 hours just for this :eek:

CARNE ASADA FRIES
Crinkle-cut fries topped with freshly grilled carne asada, hand-grated cheddar cheese, savory secret sauce, tangy guacamole, and fresh diced tomatoes.

CarneAsadaFries.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And this might be obvious so please excuse my ignorance...when a player announces that they are transferring or enters the transfer portal, are they dismissed from the school or their scholarship pulled is it up to the coach to decide what happens? Thanks.
In most cases no, players are not dismissed for a couple good reasons. 1) The schools always wants an opportunity to try and talk the good players into staying and kicking them off scholarship prior to the end of the semester is counter productive. 2) The NCAA has this thing called a Academic Progress Rate (APR). Roughly the APR awards 1 point for staying in school and 1 point for remaining academically eligible per semester. If a school pulls a scholarship and that player decides not to complete the current semester work or receives a bad grade for that semester then that will count against the schools APR.
BTW as has been noted before a player cannot enter themselves into the transfer portal. The student notifies the school and the school has 48 hours to enter the player into the transfer portal

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
HUGE get for Doug Bruno.

Reaction Score
The guy in white is Japanese
You are correct. The picture is from Rush Hour 3, in which Japanese actor Hiroyuki Sanada played Jackie Chan's Chinese brother Kenji, a kingpin in the Chinese organized crime group, The Triad.

1554855680228.png

Reaction Score
Mississippi State may have emerged as a legit threat for Minyon Moore’s services, just based on social media followings.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Why do you think KiKi HH could not play for Geno? I'm just curious.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Insight from our SC guests and on what this means for next year's roster??

As of now (because honestly who knows what the heck is going on at this point, this could change..), we return 2 seniors, Harris and Cooper, 1 junior.. Grissett, 3 sophomores.. Henderson, Saxton and Wesolek. So that’s 6 players from this year’s roster. We add 5 freshmen to next year’s roster. This is a major hit to our experience, MHH is an inconsistent player but when she’s on she’s ON. Jackson is a steady guard, she defends and scores but she’s not elite on either end... but she can be dangerous. Williams is slow footed, but I’ve seen flashes of a great player... I think she still has potential but I don’t think she’s a P5 player. I could see her at a smaller D1 or a smaller P5 school, and by “smaller” I mean not elite.

I’ll speak specifically on each player’s transfer:

Williams: Not a shock at all. If you ask any Gamecock fan that follows recruiting and this team close enough they would’ve told you back in December that Williams was transferring at the end of this season. I like Williams, I think she’s better than we saw at SC. Slower than Dawn likes for a post player, but she can stretch the floor. She needs to go somewhere where she won’t get lost on the roster.

Jackson: Moderately shocking. Like I’ve said before, she’s steady. At SC, she’s a utility player.. someone that can float from being a starter to being a role player, even during the game. Inconsistent scorer, strong defender. She’s good at everything, elite at nothing in particular. I never thought she would transfer, but I can see why she’s transferring... I don’t think she would’ve started over Cooper or Henderson next season and I’m more than certain Breanna Beal beats her at that 3 spot in the long run. This is a smart move for her. I can see her transferring to another SEC school (Alabama or Auburn, maybe even MSU). I don’t think she leaves the South.

Mikiah Herbert-Harrigan: I AM SHOOKETH. MHH was likely going to be a starter next season. Dawn said the moment she stepped on campus that she has All-American potential. I didn’t see it until this year. When KiKi is playing with heart, she’s a phenomenal three level scorer, she can score from the post up (weakest), shoot the three, and off the dribble (strongest). Her midrange game is borderline automatic. She’s also a good defender.. on the perimeter and especially in the paint.. good luck attacking the basket with her down there because she’s definitely going for the swat. She’s a skilled player and will be an impact player wherever she goes. The bad: she’s inconsistent and doesn’t like hard coaching. She’s also distracted, her focus is extremely lacking. Im not even sure she loves basketball, I think she likes it.. she’s GOOD at it, but I’m not sure she loves it. It’s also well known that KiKi has had to be disciplined several times at SC.. and Dawn has said on more than one occasion that KiKi gets distracted by outside noise and influences. KiKi needs solitude... she needs a school as far away from home as possible in my opinion. She needs an environment outside of her comfort zone. A Pac12 school would be GREAT for her, but something tells me she goes back home to Florida. Florida State or Miami with my pick being FSU.

I will miss all three dearly and I wish them well on their next endeavor.

Reaction Score
KiKi’s pullup jumper was unreal at times. She got it off so quick and it was so smooth. It was really impressive. She also was a tremendous shot blocker. I could see FSU or Miami too.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Why do you think KiKi HH could not play for Geno? I'm just curious.

See my post above. KiKi doesn’t have UConn level discipline. She’s a project in that respect. Geno does not accept projects with discipline issues. His players are basketball and basketball only. KiKi is not basketball only.... but if she could be, wow, sky’s the limit for her.

Reaction Score
With FSU being brought up as a possible destination, I’m reminded Kiki’s boyfriend Stanford Samuel’s is a DB on FSU’s football team. He’s a rising junior, so two more years athletic eligibility. During football season she frequently travels down to Tallahassee to catch his games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom