Transfer thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
you are missing something

I guess I set myself up for that one.................perhaps you could be a bit more specific? BTW sorry to hear about the issues with your team, I take no great pleasure in seeing good programs have problems...........never know who could be next

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I guess I set myself up for that one.......perhaps you could be a bit more specific? BTW sorry to hear about the issues with your team, I take no great pleasure in seeing good programs have problems......never know who could be next

Even though there may not be any current tweets.... apparently AZ has followed the UCONN coaches recently and vice versa. You just have to click on the followers and following tabs, and I assume the most recent ones appear.

Reaction Score
Even though there may not be any current tweets.... apparently AZ has followed the UCONN coaches recently and vice versa. You just have to click on the followers and following tabs, and I assume the most recent ones appear.

Well I'd say that was slightly encouraging but following does not necessarily lead to announcing...........see I'd feel better if I saw something like this:

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 46m46 minutes ago
Per Kara Treece Madison Treece 6-4 post 2017 has decommitted from Kentucky & is open for recruitment.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Something I learned from a TV interview: If JPM is found NOT GUILTY will YOU apologize?? But this is America where you are guilty until you prove yourself not guilty (different than innocent).
JPM should be treated just like the men's lacrosse team and there coach- equal rights are equal rights. You add AZ to this team next year- and that chgs everything- everything!!!!!

Reaction Score
JPM should be treated just like the men's lacrosse team and there coach- equal rights are equal rights. You add AZ to this team next year- and that chgs everything- everything!!!!!

She would have to sit out a year no matter where she transferred but it would be an excellent pickup no doubt

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
You add Stevens to Collier KLS Gabby Nurse and Danger----2 yr's with KLS and Napheesa and Danger- unless she left early for the WNBA- man I'm gonna have a tough time sleeping!!! :)

Reaction Score
This somewhat more authoritative transfer announcement was made this evening:

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 46m46 minutes ago
Per Kara Treece Madison Treece 6-4 post 2017 has decommitted from Kentucky & is open for recruitment.

Should be excited because she is a 6'4" big except Ms Treece appears to be have a similar skill set as that of current big Natalie Butler.................would prefer some additional mobility from a second big...................yes kind of like Azura Stevens

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You add Stevens to Collier KLS Gabby Nurse and Danger----2 yr's with KLS and Napheesa and Danger- unless she left early for the WNBA- man I'm gonna have a tough time sleeping!!! :)
I certainly have had nothing to say until now because I've been afraid to jinx this. Stevens at the UConn as I've said before is a PERFECT fit for her. Most importantly I in my biased opinion believe that Storrs and only Storrs would realize her potential to the fullest. Hopefully she understands this. All appendages and organs are crossed.

Reaction Score

that's real deective work...............a little more intrusive then I would be comfortable with

Reaction Score
I certainly have had nothing to say until now because I've been afraid to jinx this. Stevens at the UConn as I've said before is a PERFECT fit for her. Most importantly I in my biased opinion believe that Storrs and only Storrs would realize her potential to the fullest. Hopefully she understands this. All appendages and organs are crossed.

Of course you are correct................it just makes too much sense for AZ and UConn..........................that's why it probably won't happen in the end!!!!!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
that's real deective work.....a little more intrusive then I would be comfortable with

Stevens seems to be friends or very friendly with both A'ja Wilson and Crystal Dangerfield. For whatever that's worth.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Stevens seems to be friends or very friendly with both A'ja Wilson and Crystal Dangerfield. For whatever that's worth.
You mean A'ja (I really should have gone to UConn but now it's way too late) Wilson and Crystal (Fooled you once shame on you, ain't fooling me at all twice or shame on me) Dangerfield?

Reaction Score
that's real deective work.....a little more intrusive then I would be comfortable with

Checking an "open to the public" list of followers and followings on Twitter doesn't meet the definition of "intrusive". Now, if somebody hacked into a private social media account, that would be indeed be intrusive.

Incidentally, she has also started following Gabby Williams quite recently.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Not much. They all played for the same Team USA squad.. Wilson and Dangerfield are very friendly on twitter. Personally I think the entire idea of players not being friendly to one another because they attend different/rival colleges exists solely in the minds of fans.. For instance, the majority of this board doesn't know that Morgan Tuck (UCONN) and Tiffany Mitchell (South Carolina) are actually really good friends AND sorority sisters. Who follows who and who's friendly with who means absolutely nothing in my opinion... most of the elite players are somewhat friendly to one another.

On another note, all signs do seem to be pointing to Stevens going to UCONN. I knew things weren't good with us when Dawn said she wasn't currently recruiting anybody in our post season press conference about a week ago.. Good get.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
On another note, all signs do seem to be pointing to Stevens going to UCONN. I knew things weren't good with us when Dawn said she wasn't currently recruiting anybody in our post season press conference about a week ago.. Good get.

Are you just bracing yourself for disappointment based on Dawn's comment? Maybe she doesn't consider a transfer player a recruiting target.

Reaction Score
Who follows who and who's friendly with who means absolutely nothing in my opinion... most of the elite players are somewhat friendly to one another.

I agree with you, who follows who doesn't necessarily tell you all that much about what a recruit is likely to do................on the other hand I suppose at least it signifies some kind of interest...............from a geographic standpoint you guys have the distinct advantage with AZ but you know that on this board we all believe that UConn is the ultimate destination if she wants to be the best she can be
Hey you watch, after all this talk she'll end up at Notre Dame!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Actually I was just guessing about Stevens twitter. The only account I regularly look at is the Duke WCBB Twitter and ACC schools during the conference and NCAA tournaments.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not much. They all played for the same Team USA squad.. Wilson and Dangerfield are very friendly on twitter. Personally I think the entire idea of players not being friendly to one another because they attend different/rival colleges exists solely in the minds of fans.. For instance, the majority of this board doesn't know that Morgan Tuck (UCONN) and Tiffany Mitchell (South Carolina) are actually really good friends AND sorority sisters. Who follows who and who's friendly with who means absolutely nothing in my opinion... most of the elite players are somewhat friendly to one another.

Thats one of the downfalls of social media and AAU and these U19 type squads.... players are too friendly. I personally would like it better if the players and schools hated each other. Or at least strongly dislike. It would make the games (and post game handshake lines) even more exciting in my opinion :cool:

Reaction Score
Actually I was just guessing about Stevens twitter. The only account I regularly look at is the Duke WCBB Twitter and ACC schools during the conference and NCAA tournaments.

I sometimes check the twitter pages of the players UConn is known to be recruiting....................curious to see if they retweet UConn or any other school's stories and also to see if they fit the UConn profile..............if I see a lot of interest in personal stats or derogatory comments about others, I kind assume it may not be a great match.............there are a prospective recruits with only UConn mentions.............in that case I view them as UConn leans..................

Reaction Score
Thats one of the downfalls of social media and AAU and these U19 type squads.... players are too friendly. I personally would like it better if the players and schools hated each other. Or at least strongly dislike. It would make the games (and post game handshake lines) even more exciting in my opinion :cool:

Spoken like a true ACC fan...................!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom