Transfer thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe they realize "pushing" their daughter to do something she may not want isn't a good idea. Maybe they graduated from ND, Ohio State, Texas, Baylor, etc. and want their daughter to follow in their footsteps. Maybe they know their daughter does not like cold weather. Maybe they don't like New Englanders. Maybe they know their daughter wouldn't flourish under Geno (wrong temperament or personality). Maybe they realize their daughter has a different dream than play at UCONN. Maybe their daughter has a particular major she's interested in that UCONN doesn't have or isn't the leader in.

There are hundreds of reasons why.
I can understand why they don't like New Englanders or North Easterners---born, raised there for 40 years--I lived in the Middle south and southwest their peoples are very welcoming--South San Fransico too--returns to the North east are enlightening. None of my kids live there although they too were raised there.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
An update on Azura Stevens's twitter account: She now follows and is followed by Shea Ralph.

The 4 most recent follows on Stevens's account are Shea, UConn Women's hoops, CD and Marisa.

Reaction Score
An update on Azura Stevens's twitter account: She now follows and is followed by Shea Ralph.

The 4 most recent follows on Stevens's account are Shea, UConn Women's hoops, CD and Marisa.

I'll be much more excited when I see she is a follower of the "How to transfer to UConn" twitter account..................

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

racoon popcorn.gif

This is getting interesting.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I suspect it is a closely coordinated plot by Ms. Walker and Ms. Stevens to raise us up only to crush us later! :rolleyes:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Seems like Louisville has 25 scholarships.

Come on down to Walz Ford and get yourself a certified pre-owned Taurus...

He sure is a salesman.

not as good as Ed Pinkley, at Pinkley Ford

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I suspect it is a closely coordinated plot by Ms. Walker and Ms. Stevens to raise us up only to crush us later! :rolleyes:

Indeed.

The irony in all of this is that there is no women's coaching staff in America that uses twitter less than the UConn staff. When I say "uses twitter" I mean actually say something on twitter. The staff clearly uses twitter for other purposes. Chris Dailey has tweeted exactly one time and that tweet appears to be the handiwork of Breanna Stewart. She has tweeted 214 times since 2011; Marisa has tweeted 58 times since 2009. Geno was more active until his account was hacked and he gave it up. There's no mention by the staff of a "special guest" visiting or watching "a future Husky play" or no tweets about how great Geno is.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Wake me up when you hack text messages of Megan or Azura. Until you do. . .

ZZZZzzzzz z z z z z z z z z z :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Jeez, this like being in a hotel - waiting for the fellow upstairs to drop his other shoe so I can go back to sleep.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Azura's game is like Stewie's! Some rough spots but inside/outside! With a year under her belt she'll be ready for 2017!
Geno was recruiting hard after B. Camara from KY! Is he still interested?
And Megan Walker was tweeting about Stevens/Uconn!
Hopefully the snowball just started rolling down the hill, it'd be nice, greedy but nice to clean sweep those 3!
Butler, Chong, & Ekmark start working out hard ladies, we'll need you next season!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Azura Stevens does end up at UCONN.. yall Northerners better put your earplugs in.... cause there will be ALOT of whining, complaining, yelping, wailing, gnashing of teeth etc.... emanating from about 400-700 miles south of the Mason-Dixon Line :rolleyes:

Once that whining and yelping comes out of the state of TN.... some of it can be heard here in NC. It comes up and over the Great Smokies and the Blue Ridge Mountains.... down to the Piedmont with suprising speed and fury. Luckily I was inside for most of the day.... but the neighbor's dog had no idea what the heck was going on :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We should be hearing something soon about Stevens. Where ever she chooses to go, she'll probably want to attend summer school. If so, she'll have to enroll by mid-May.

I made this observation 3 days ago. To borrow a term from one Anthony Irwin Kornheiser (Mr. Tony), I believe I had that. :D

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I made this observation 3 days ago. To borrow a term from one Anthony Irwin Kornheiser (Mr. Tony), I believe I had that. :D
I thought you said you'd put the turban away for the summer . . . ? :confused::rolleyes::cool::D

Reaction Score
When you are a true believer in the UConn "Way", it is always a bit disappointing to see a great talent not reach her full potential under another's tutelage.....right or wrong, that's the thought process as best as I can describe it.... ...answer this question honestly......all other things being equal, if you had a talented college recruit who was willing and able to work her butt off to reach her maximum potential as a basketball player...where would you send her? Others may disagree, but for most of us there is a clear answer......UConn.

I'm a believer!! Geno may not be God or the second coming, some think him satan, but in the WBB world his has proven he is KING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom