Transfer Portal | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it's really interesting looking at all these transfers but if we bring someone in, I'd almost guarantee they have ties to the current coaches which means the player would have strong NE ties or Luke Murray recruited them at Louisville.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think this is right. There's a world where I think you can roll with Jackson at the 1, but Hawkins can't be that 2. And there's a world where Jackson plays the 2/3, but then you need a 1 who can shoot and create off the bounce.

Essentially, unless Hawkins really ups his handle, since you're going to be playing Jackson a lot of minutes, you need one other dude, regardless of position, to be able to generate buckets in addition to being able to shoot.

Jackson should spend as much time as the 4 as he does the 1. Provided someone on the floor can dribble.

Reaction Score
He's not going to be that good out of the gate. Hawkins is 24 or so. Karaban is 18 or whatever.
Yea, I meant he’s gonna play a similar style. I believe he will produce like him eventually

Reaction Score
Another guard of interest?

Bellarmine's Dylan Penn. The 6'3 190 point guard averaged 16.6p, 4.2r, 5a, 2.9 TO, 1.1s, 53.5 2p%, 24.2 3p%, only 14% shots from three.

From Three Man Weave:

Davenport returns 11 of his top 12 scorers for an encore performance, with athletic point guard Dylan Penn and inside-out forward Ethan Claycomb leading the way. Penn is an incisive cutter and passer, embodying the skills needed to play in Davenport’s offense, and in the rare cases where necessary, their best off-the-bounce creator. The attack runs well when the ball is in his hands, partially because he’s one of the few non-shooters that plays.
Good size and athleticism, but does that lack of perimeter game scare you? If we had more shooters, I'd be excited to pursue him.

From 247:

So far Penn has heard from LSU, Ole Miss, Wichita State, Charleston, Memphis, Purdue, Loyola Chicago, Valpo, Evansville, Cal State Fullerton, WKI, Oregon St, UC riverside, Temple, Southern Illinois, App State, and Georgia Tech.
Can't shoot. Pass.

Reaction Score

Averaged 10 ppg as a freshman. From Maryland.

VERY intrigued by him. Elite defensive prospect with a physical wing build at 6'5 215. Versatile offensive game too: 10.0p, 3r, 1.9a, 48.8 2p%, 33.6 3p% (about 40% shots from three).

Most impressively, his SEC numbers were better than his overall season numbers: 10.7p, 3.2r, 2.3a, 46.3 2p%, 34.6 3p% in 21 games.

The elite defensive possibilities and unique offensive profiles of Jackson and Murray would be really interesting.

A Jackson/Hawkins/Murray/Karaban/Sanogo lineup would allow for a lot of size, switchability on defense and versatile offensive profiles that would allow Hurley to write up some creative sets to make it all work.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm just hoping we start seeing some connections to guys soon. Lots of good players but don't want to get my hopes up for guys we haven't even reached out to
Agreed. It’s tough not to feel anxious about some of these names coming out that could be great fits.

But how many kids entered the portal last year? 1500? I’m sure it’ll be even more this year, and I trust that Hurley recognizes he needs to find the guy or two that he thinks fit the team best. And I trust that he will.

Reaction Score

Looking like a mass exodus from LSU with the coaching change. Lost the entire recruiting class too. Their new coach is gonna have to hit the portal hard

LSU's senior starting PG coming back and transferring for his COVID 5th year. Really good FT shooter that has never figured out how to shoot from 3. KInda bizarre. Can make plays happen, but gives it away a bit more than you'd from a senior PG.

Reaction Score
LSU's senior starting PG coming back and transferring for his COVID 5th year. Really good FT shooter that has never figured out how to shoot from 3. KInda bizarre. Can make plays happen, but gives it away a bit more than you'd from a senior PG.
He’s the kind of guy I’d want if RJ did come back. If RJ isn’t back I want someone a little bit better than him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Interesting that the tweet was taken down. I was wondering if he's considered a booster, and if that kind of contact is still verboten these days.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Summary please?

Now deleted, any chance there's a screenshot?
It was Mark D'Amelio responding to the tweet about Xavier Pinson entering the portal. D'Amelio had a photo of the map on the plane seatback showing that they would be landing in Baton Rouge, and he said they were landing there in ten minutes for a wedding and wondered if it was a sign/omen that Xavier should come to Connecticut, noting that the Louisiana to Connecticut connection has worked well for them (the wife/mom Heidi is from Louisiana).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We need a FEARLESS lead guard... an extremely confident guard ( i.e. Khalid El Amin, Marcus Williams, Shabazz Napier ... Cole did that for us in terms of scoring ) ... we need a true facilitator that can score, get teammates the rock when open ... see the floor... a true floor general... Who's that guy gonna be?????

We played two guys who couldn't shoot major minutes. RJ distributed just fine.
If Martin had a smaer guy guarding him we did well, when he had a bigger guy we didn't. NMS was a big physical team, so was Creighton.

Reaction Score
So are we reportedly after anyone in the portal? Some REALLY intriguing players already entered and I haven't seen a single mention of UConn...

Stevenson from SC could provide this team with some solid outside shooting.

Reaction Score
FWIW..Delaire was being looked at by UConn prior to his Stanford decision. Don't know if its still a fit but probably depends on what the roster looks like in 30-45 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom