Transfer Portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Half of this board convinced themselves Terry Larrier would be a stud here because he was a top 50 recruit, while ignoring his putrid stats at VCU.
Slightly off topic but Larrier is playing very well in the G league. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets called up at some point. He’s tall and long and he’s shooting very well. Vital is playing well in the G league also.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Fake account, this is VerbaiCommits with a capital i
my bad

question: do we know for sure that Hurley didn't go after some transfer portal guys last year and missed?

hoping he never tried

i would feel more confident that he can be as successful getting transfers as he does getting good recruits. same type of contacts, pitches, etc

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Half of this board convinced themselves Terry Larrier would be a stud here because he was a top 50 recruit, while ignoring his putrid stats at VCU.
He was good before his injury. Ollie's lack of depth on that team meant that Larrier, who was a skinny wing/SG, played PF. He got abused and couldn't rebound for the position. I think he would have been effective in a different role. Had a beautiful jump shot.

Reaction Score
First D1 to D1 transfer of the day:

Maryland's Marcus Dockery transfers to Howard. Just 86 total minutes in two seasons at Maryland, but the DC born point guard was the 225th ranked prospect in '20. Had offers from Seton Hall and Cincy among others out of Brewster.

Dockery provides nice PG depth behind the freshman stud Elijah Hawkins out of DeMatha. The Bison also bring in Shy Odom out of Sierra Canyon, their 3rd highest HS recruit ever (offers from USC, Georgetown, Penn State and others).

I say it a lot here, but I find Howard's steady growth under Kenny Blakeney really intriguing. 5-33 in his first two seasons and finished 16-13 last season highlighted by a really good battle against Notre Dame on national TV.

Reaction Score
HH c'mon you haven't seen enough? I mean you seriously have high expectations for this team next year if he's your starting PG? I would be devastated. I like the kid, seems like a great kid but he's going into his senior year and had a year in which he regressed, and that from not all that much to speak of prior. I mean I'm praying your right but by no means would it be good to assume he's going to finally "break out".
I think you may have missed a heavy dose of sarcasm in the post or maybe it's how I interpret things with my sense of humor........

Reaction Score
Portal starting to really get cooking.

Darrion Trammell from Seattle U would be cross coast, but very interesting.

Reaction Score
Want a scorer? Nevada's Desmond Cambridge is in the portal.

6'4 180. 16.2p, 5.1r, 1.8a, 1.7s, 1.1b. 52.3 2p%, 37 3p% (about 60% shots from three). 1849 career points between two seasons in Brown and two in Nevada.

Reaction Score
Surprised nobody has mentioned Joe Bamisile from George Washington, he's been in the portal for over a week. He breaks his man down off the dribble and scores in the lane, he seems to be exactly what this team is missing...

Joseph Bamisile College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Reaction Score
Surprised nobody has mentioned Joe Bamisile from George Washington, he's been in the portal for over a week. He breaks his man down off the dribble and scores in the lane, he seems to be exactly what this team is missing...

Joseph Bamisile College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

That A/TO ratio is ugly . . .

Reaction Score
I’m not a fan of us bringing in anyone in the portal. But if we DID let it be a PG who can facilitate first and foremost and shoot. The biggest thing we were missing on offense was a guy who made other players better. We’ll have some capable scorers. Need someone who can make life easy for them.
Who are the capable scorers? Good set up point guard is good but winning teams have PG that can make plays on their own. Few years back the Ct. kid that went to LSU won them quite a few close games with individual winning plays.

Reaction Score
Want a scorer? Nevada's Desmond Cambridge is in the portal.

6'4 180. 16.2p, 5.1r, 1.8a, 1.7s, 1.1b. 52.3 2p%, 37 3p% (about 60% shots from three). 1849 career points between two seasons in Brown and two in Nevada.
I like it. He seems more like an off guard from the clips I’ve seen. Not sure if he can man the point for us. Him and Hawk may be redundant unless we ran out a line up with AJax at the point and Cambridge and Hawkins on the wing

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be surprised if Curbello does hit the portal though. Underwood benched him in the second half of their loss to Houston and said there was nothing wrong with him, it was “a coach’s decision”.

Reaction Score
I think you may have missed a heavy dose of sarcasm in the post or maybe it's how I interpret things with my sense of humor........

I don’t think I did but if I did my bad!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Who are the capable scorers? Good set up point guard is good but winning teams have PG that can make plays on their own. Few years back the Ct. kid that went to LSU won them quite a few close games with individual winning plays.
I’m thinking Hawkins and Sanogo for the most part.

Akok if he can round back to form with consistent playing time and Jackson with a potential leap. It’s optimistic, but the talent is there. That’s not a question.

Reaction Score
I’m thinking Hawkins and Sanogo for the most part.

Akok if he can round back to form with consistent playing time and Jackson with a potential leap. It’s optimistic, but the talent is there. That’s not a question.
Akok and Jackson are so incredibly far from being “scorers”. I don’t think it’s at all realistic to expect that type of jump from either. Akok’s only method of scoring is spot up shooting, and Jackson scraps together points/refuses to drive to the hoop and use his athleticism to score. I hope the staff isn’t banking on it from either.

Reaction Score
Akok and Jackson are so incredibly far from being “scorers”. I don’t think it’s at all realistic to expect that type of jump from either. Akok’s only method of scoring is spot up shooting, and Jackson scraps together points/refuses to drive to the hoop and use his athleticism to score. I hope the staff isn’t banking on it from either.
If Akok could body up dudes and rebound, he'd be a starter. When he's healthy he can make decent moves toward the hoop and I think he can be a 37%+ 3pt shooter. But he gets abused under the basket.

Reaction Score
I expect Jackson to average 10-11 ppg next season just from figuring out what to do when he gets near the rim. The staff can't expect anything from Gaff and Akok next season, have to fill the roster out with known quantities.

Reaction Score
I expect Jackson to average 10-11 ppg next season just from figuring out what to do when he gets near the rim. The staff can't expect anything from Gaff and Akok next season, have to fill the roster out with known quantities.
Very fair.

Sanogo will be their offensive star while Hawkins and Jackson are their other starters. Aside from that, lots of question marks, but it'll be an exciting offseason, for sure.

Reaction Score
Very fair.

Sanogo will be their offensive star while Hawkins and Jackson are their other starters. Aside from that, lots of question marks, but it'll be an exciting offseason, for sure.
My pipe dream is that Karaban is a stud out of the gates and somehow forces Hurley to start him at some point. Given Jackson and Sanogo's skillset (at least for now), a skilled 4 that can consistently stretch the floor is HUGE.

Like you said, I'm excited for what the offseason has in store. There are still so many unknowns to play out in the next 2-3 weeks.

Reaction Score
My pipe dream is that Karaban is a stud out of the gates and somehow forces Hurley to start him at some point. Given Jackson and Sanogo's skillset (at least for now), a skilled 4 that can consistently stretch the floor is HUGE.

Like you said, I'm excited for what the offseason has in store. There are still so many unknowns to play out in the next 2-3 weeks.
I see Karaban being like Hawkins at Creighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown