Transfer Portal | Page 61 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes that’s the one. UMass > Texas > ??

If Mitchell leaves the drama behind him, I would take him on this team. We can use another forward with the departure of Akok. Mitchell is a stud if he chooses to be

Reaction Score
Doesn't he have to sit out? I guess he figures that guarantees Bergeron two years.

Reaction Score
Many of the adults around Tre Mitchell have not served him well, from his “step-father” tying his commitment to his employment to his father going off on his coach on social media. They may very well care about Tre, but it might be in everyone’s best interest to reconsider their approach.

Reaction Score
Many of the adults around Tre Mitchell have not served him well, from his “step-father” tying his commitment to his employment to his father going off on his coach on social media. They may very well care about Tre, but it might be in everyone’s best interest to reconsider their approach.

The saddest thing is that the kid is almost 22 years old and still can't speak for himself. Doesn't even get to make his own college decision--it's all about finding step-daddy a job.

Tre had a real shot at a decent pro career, and every decision his family makes for him is pushing him farther and farther away from it.

Reaction Score
It's sad what self-serving adults do.

We knew a kid real well that could have signed with an agent that would have had him working out with the likely #1 pick in front of NBA scouts. Instead, a football-centered agent gave his dad a few bucks and he signed with this agent that barely has any hoops clients.

Reaction Score
The saddest thing is that the kid is almost 22 years old and still can't speak for himself. Doesn't even get to make his own college decision--it's all about finding step-daddy a job.

Tre had a real shot at a decent pro career, and every decision his family makes for him is pushing him farther and farther away from it.

Reminds me of Vance Jackson. 4 different college teams in his career

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Reminds me of Vance Jackson. 4 different college teams in his career
I could see a Capel, Ewing or Hardaway being in a tough spot and willing to take on the package deal if he could get immediately eligible.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Welcome to the new college basketball model. We can do the Boneyard meltdown every year during the first month of the offseason till the end of days.

Keeping and developing guys was supposed to be our model. Something changed and now Hurley has to go all in on the modern model.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Keeping and developing guys was supposed to be our model. Something changed and now Hurley has to go all in on the modern model.
Life comes at you fast. Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Etc., etc.

Reaction Score
It was a good aspiration initially. Things have changed in the past 4 plus years. The Transfer Portal, Covid, NIL, no penalty for first transfer, etc...With all the changes, it is very difficult to have young top 125 players fill out the bottom of your roster. Right or wrong, most of these guys want to play relatively early or at least see a clear path to playing time relatively early. Inevitably some of these players leave and have to be replaced. Most players in the portal have more experience and are more established so other young, unestablished players on the roster probably feel slighted or shoved to the back of the line and then ponder their own future as well and so on. It's why it is important to play your better young players even a little to keep them engaged. I think Hurley knew he couldn't run UConn like Rhode Island, but all the changes to the landscape in the last 4+ years has made his original vision somewhat obsolete. I don't think he wants the turnover to be like this year every year, but he now knows he needs to use the portal to fill in the cracks and keeping 13 guys happy at a program like UConn is a challenging, borderline impossible task.

Reaction Score
Maybe I've missed it, but I'm surprised there hasn't been any noise for anyone around Jaiden Delaire. He's a guy I would be very interested in bringing in as a capable vet who could gives us minutes as a wing or a stretch 4. He's started for Stanford for the last two years and he's a decent shooter, and my understanding is that he'd love to come home.

Reaction Score

6th Man of the Year in the AAC as a freshman. Gonna be highly courted.

Wichita made a huge mistake promoting a Marshall assistant instead of a national search for his replacement.

Reaction Score
Diarra took a ton of their big shots down the stretch and often made them. He’s not a playmaker at all for a smaller guard he’s always trying to score.

Watched most of their games this year as we knew their star well. I doubt he wants to come off bench if I had to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom