Transfer Portal | Page 62 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

6th Man of the Year in the AAC as a freshman. Gonna be highly courted.

Wichita made a huge mistake promoting a Marshall assistant instead of a national search for his replacement.

Does that ring a bell?

Reaction Score
What’s the deal with Gaff????
I’m curious if he wants to stay at this level or drop down a bit for more PT. If he wants to stay at this level he may have to wait for other higher priority guys to land somewhere and see where there are still openings. Just my guess.

Reaction Score
Maybe I've missed it, but I'm surprised there hasn't been any noise for anyone around Jaiden Delaire. He's a guy I would be very interested in bringing in as a capable vet who could gives us minutes as a wing or a stretch 4. He's started for Stanford for the last two years and he's a decent shooter, and my understanding is that he'd love to come home.
It seems like he's going through the draft process first

Reaction Score
It seems like he's going through the draft process first

I believe he is one of the more underrated players in the portal- if he decides to stay in college I believe his size & versatility would be a great benefit to the Husky roster…

Reaction Score
Shannon has been basically committed to Michigan for 10 days now but they hit an Admissions snag. Maybe they finally got over that hump

Reaction Score
I couldn't help it:

1650638639949.png

Reaction Score
Shannon has been basically committed to Michigan for 10 days now but they hit an Admissions snag. Maybe they finally got over that hump
Admi$$ion$ dept. mu$t have re-evaluated hi$ tran$cript$ and caught a few $illy error$ that they made...

Reaction Score
I've been keeping track with Baylor and how Scott Drew is retooling his lineup for a second straight offseason with a lot of turnover:

After bringing in Jalen Bridges (WVU) earlier this week and Caleb Lohner (BYU) last night, Baylor has done a nice job shoring up their 4 spot with Sochan, Brown and possibly Mayer going pro.

Replacing Akinjo will be tough, but returning guards Adam Flagler and LJ Cryer (who didn't play in the tourney) both averaged 13 ppg.

Speaking of injuries: in addition to Cryer, top-25 '21 commit Langston Love (ACL) and physical big Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua (knee) all didn't play in the tournament, so having those three return will almost feel like new additions.

The biggest impact will likely be the arrival of the 4th ranked freshman prospect, Keyonte George out of IMG, who projects as a long, one-and-done guard who can score from anywhere.

Unless they add a depth transfer or another '22 prospect to replace Dillon Hunter, their lineup looks pretty set, players in bold are projected regular rotation players.

Smaller Guards: Flagler, Cryer, Bonner
Bigger Guards: George, Love
3s and 4s: Bridges, Lohner, Turner
Bigs: Thamba, Tchatchoua, Loveday, Ojianwuna

Reaction Score
I believe he is one of the more underrated players in the portal- if he decides to stay in college I believe his size & versatility would be a great benefit to the Husky roster…
I agree.

On Thursday, I was on the phone with a buddy who's a huge UConn fan who lives in Boulder. He goes to a ton of Colorado games and watches the Pac-12 almost as much as he watches the Big East.

He was very excited for our transfer pickups and raved how Delaire is the missing piece.

Why? He's a 6'9 face up forward who has finally the strength needed to be helpful down low for rebounds and defense. Similar to Polley, he was a stick for most of his college career, but he's "bulked up" to 215. At Stanford, he was asked to play more of a low-post role, so having him play at UConn will be a refreshing change of scenery and will allow him to play his style of preference just minutes from his hometown.

He also argues that while Karaban has a future as a 4, he doesn't yet have the strength to handle that role. With Delaire on board, that allows the flexibility to have have Samson play the 4 and 5 and then Karaban play the 3 more than the four. It also allows Karaban to ease his way into his hopefully long tenure at UConn.

Delarie doesn't shoot as well as Polley, but at 32.3%, he'll force defenses to at least pay attention to when he's at the perimeter to allow Newton/Hawkins/Jackson to attack the rim.

Adding Delaire, the 3s and 4s could look like:

3: Jackson, Karaban
4: Delaire, Johnson, Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members