Transfer Portal | Page 64 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Will you finally stop repeating this once we get castle to reclass and the rest of the roster is filled out? If Floyd was getting up to 25 mpg here next year we weren’t gonna be any good.
Floyd may not have earned those minutes if he stayed, but with Castle now saying he’s not likely to reclass and only one ball handler signed so far to replace RJ’s and Gaffney’s minutes, we definitely have the minutes still available right now.

Reaction Score
Will you finally stop repeating this once we get castle to reclass and the rest of the roster is filled out? If Floyd was getting up to 25 mpg here next year we weren’t gonna be any good.
You have no clue what Floyd will be. Maybe he’ll be good, maybe he won’t. But as of right now we have 4 guys off the bench who will all be 4’s or 5’s in this offense. He’d be the first guy off the bench at 3 spots. Even if we bring Castle in, he’d still play good minutes. Providence just took 2 other transfers who play his same position. Only way I can see him not having a role is if we bring in Castle plus another high level transfer like Ramy…but if Floyd stayed we probably wouldn’t have brought in more than 2 transfers and maybe Castle.

Reaction Score
Floyd may not have earned those minutes if he stayed, but with Castle now saying he’s not likely to reclass and only one ball handler signed so far to replace RJ’s and Gaffney’s minutes, we definitely have the minutes still available right now.
understood, i'm saying there is just no point to the constant reminder. we know we have 4 open schollys so let's wait to judge the potential impact of his transfer until we have at least 3 more of them filled. the season isn't starting this week.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He didn’t say that. He said he’s currently not thinking about it.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You have no clue what Floyd will be. Maybe he’ll be good, maybe he won’t. But as of right now we have 4 guys off the bench who will all be 4’s or 5’s in this offense. He’d be the first guy off the bench at 3 spots. Even if we bring Castle in, he’d still play good minutes. Providence just took 2 other transfers who play his same position. Only way I can see him not having a role is if we bring in Castle plus another high level transfer like Ramy…but if Floyd stayed we probably wouldn’t have brought in more than 2 transfers and maybe Castle.
I feel that’s accurate. I also feel that several players are still with the program including the three players who played significant minutes last season so whatever precipitated the one transfer who most likely was going to get playing time next year had to be personal for that player and not a problem with the program.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yes. My take away from that comment is that it is less likely.
Could be. I just read it as he's focused on playing his games and he'll deal with that in the summer
navery Alleyne that way as well.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Could be. I just read it as he's focused on playing his games and he'll deal with that in the summer
That could be, too. Tough to parse the words of teens. I guess I figured he was given the opportunity to say something to make it sound less ambiguous and more likely, and he didn’t do that.

Reaction Score
Any concern about Hopkins or is it basically a done deal and that's why Geeter left?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Another Providence transfer...gotta wonder about the culture over there...

nah, too busy wondering aboot our 'culture' here.
here's sumthin else u said,
'As a Freshman in 2019-20: Appeared in 31 games, starting 11, averaging 3.9 points and 2.1 assists with a 1.8 assist-to-turnover ratio in 19.1 minutes per game... In games in which he played more than 20 minutes, his averages rose to 6.3 points, 3.5 assists and an impressive 2.14 assist-to-turnover ratio... Had four double-figure scoring games, including a season-high 13 points against SMU (2/12/20)... Handed out a season-high 9 assists, scored 12 points and played over 40 minutes at Temple (2/20/20)... For last 16 games of season, shot .821 from foul line... Honored on UConn’s 3.0 GPA Night and named to AAC All-Academic Team.'
u know who else was accused of the 'east-west handle, often resulting in a back down move?' only one of the most formidable recent players, who collected all the hardware in his time in the cbb- colin. not to say jmoney will evolve into colin success, but at least he starts out as a pretty sharp cookie, who is almost 6'4,' and far away from his final accounting results.
the rest
UConn Highlights: Jalen Gaffney - Freshman Season (2019-2020)

Reaction Score
Can't even keep track of the amount of wing transfers Providence has taken this year.

Reaction Score
Can't even keep track of the amount of wing transfers Providence has taken this year.
@FriarJ just like we have a couple that's going on the yard, what's your take on net benefit of transfers in vs players leaving (seniors or via transfer portal)?

Can you list them out? With Corey transferring in and Providence winning the corner title, how good should UConn game expect your team to be next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom