Transfer Portal Porta Potty | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Porta Potty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's me. I'm the grey humanoid in the middle.
Can’t fool me. Doesn’t have a math nerd label.

Reaction Score
I'm only interested in portal players who will be future NBA lottery picks for us. We need to have some standards.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A lot of people not hearing of him a month ago is more about people having lives and not watching MAAC basketball. It's not an indictment on the kids talent or ability. He was the player of the year and he was their leading scorer putting up 15 pts, 4 assists, 4 rebounds against us, you know the Natl champs. Not amazing numbers but our defense made more well known players from top programs perform worse. He may not be all world but he is not a scrub either. Rick Pitino and UF felt he was worth their time to recruit hard. But hey, maybe random internet cranky guy who can't admit he may be off base is right.

You guys have all convinced me. It is a big deal that a team that lost in the first round of the NIT beat out a team that didn’t play in the postseason for a MAAC transfer.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You’re purposely like this, right?
I know you like to be on both sides of every debate, but shouldn’t we expect Florida to be really good if this guy is as big a deal as everyone says? Or is this just another example of some rando grabbing the spotlight for a day?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Brutal, yes, but a perfect landing spot positionally for both players.

Arizona was not a deep team last season and graduate guard Courtney Ramey and shooting wing Cedric Henderson, plus Tubelis might go pro.

If Nembhard/Kaluma join Arizona, then a potential starting lineup of Nembhard/Boswell/Larsson/Kaluma/Ballo really impresses.

Overall, the P12 will be much better next season: USC and Colorado will be much improved, Oregon returns at least three starters and bring in two top-10 recruits, Washington State returns almost their entire team...

Is Kaluma in the Transfer Portal or not?

Reaction Score
You guys have all convinced me. It is a big deal that a team that lost in the first round of the NIT beat out a team that didn’t play in the postseason for a MAAC transfer.
Way to double down. Nobody is saying the kid is a program changer. Just saying that he is a solid player and good portal grab regardless of the fact that you seem to think he is a nothing "MAAC transfer." I mean his team was beating us at halftime. More than you could say about Gonzaga or Miami or Arkansas or SD St. If we land Timberlake will you trash him because he played for lowly Towson? They didn't make a tournament but Iona did. But again, you know more than a Hall of Fame coach in Pitino(who knows Clayton and coached him) or UF because St.Johns(who Pitino didn't even coach this year) and UF didn't make the NCAA tourney. Gotcha. You have to know how ridiculous that sounds.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm only interested in portal players who will be future NBA lottery picks for us. We need to have some standards.

I want future Olympic gold medalists who tweet daily they plan to play four years at UConn, never get caught smoking dope, donate some of their lottery pick money to keep players flush in NIL cash, and return to UConn often to mentor players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Good luck topping this. A beautiful combination of inaccuracies, lies and misrepresentations. Got it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I want future Olympic gold medalists who tweet daily they plan to play four years at UConn, never get caught smoking dope, donate some of their lottery pick money to keep players flush in NIL cash, and return to UConn often to mentor players.
This belongs on the women’s forum.

Reaction Score
He's making great money then.

The HC at St. Bonaventure and Niagara for soccer moonlight there, both D1.

Their assistants run 3 or 4 premier academy teams, travel soccer clubs, HS soccer coaches, and are basically involved in a lot more other ventures, including individual training. I know someone who stepped down from D1 coaching to take a job with an ECNL club for $25k a year. He's a gym teacher in city schools.

Same story for a volleyball coach I know (best friend of my young brothers) on the west coast. D1 at a public school.

I'm amazed at the Eastern cross country coach. What else does he do?
Upstater, the recently retired UConn cross country/T&F head coach made ~$180k per year and the UConn women's volleyball coach makes ~$100k.

Reaction Score
Why tf are we paying rowing and swimming coaches $100k…

What type of ROI is that generating? Seems like an obvious place to cut costs.
People have lost sight of the original intent of Athletics in Universities. They were not intended to be revenue/profit centers, rather offerings for a student body that made the overall "College Experience" positive.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Feeling for Duke…how will they survive w/ only 4 5-star commits. Playing the chess of predicting one-and-done players sometimes backfires when a player or 2 need to stick around for another year.
It's a feature not a bug. A guy like Filipowski coming back is worth far more than any freshman. This is what Duke needs to have happen to go deeper in March. They just got very dangerous.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This thread has everything but everyone dunking on Nelson after he doubles and triples down on his original nonsense is my favorite part

I will be the first guy to admit I was wrong if this guy, whose name I already forgot, leads Florida to an SEC championship.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The really fascinating thing about the portal is watching a program like Florida get all excited to land some kid from Iona. A few years ago, most people believed that those players would barely touch the court at a high major school. Yet, we had point guards from Howard and East Carolina the last three years.

As somebody said a few pages back, SDSU and FAU made the final four with a bunch of nobodies. K-State almost got there on the back of a tiny PG that transferred from Arkansas-Little Rock. For the most part, experience destroys talent. Talent with experience is of course the best bet, and UConn showed why last year.

Reaction Score
I will be the first guy to admit I was wrong if this guy, whose name I already forgot, leads Florida to an SEC championship.
Stinks Spongebob Squarepants GIF

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Rough for Pitino

In this day and age I don’t think they should use the word “committed” with these pics.
Maybe something less binding—I know there are a few lawyers here so they can suggest some language. Maybe a footnote- *committed unless there is a coaching change, changes in current roster, don’t like the new uniforms and/or just not feeling it.

Reaction Score
In this day and age I don’t think they should use the word “committed” with these pics.
Maybe something less binding—I know there are a few lawyers here so they can suggest some language. Maybe a footnote- *committed unless there is a coaching change, changes in current roster, don’t like the new uniforms and/or just not feeling it.
You mean basically the same as it has been for years….?

Reaction Score

Ok so how many strawman variations can you convict? This can be your magnum opus.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
When you've already moved the goal posts for being wrong on "some random MAAC player" to him leading Florida to an SEC championship, maybe it's time to reevaluate the position you're taking.

My goal posts have not budged an inch. You and the rest of the transfer portal junkies are arguing that both A) this guy is a big loss for Pitino and B) he isn’t going to move the needle on a mediocre Florida team.

Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog